It sounds like your situation is:
- You are currently running an Amazon EC2 instance in either the Frankfurt or Ireland regions
- You wish to use a different region
There’s two answers to this question, and it depends on whether you want to “move” an instance to another region, or just “use” another region.
Using another region
If you wish to launch an Amazon EC2 instance in a different region, simply select the desired region from the pull-down list in the AWS Management Console, then launch a new instance. Easy!
Moving an EC2 instance to another region
It is not possible to “move” an instance, but you can copy the disk to another region and then launch a new instance using that disk image.
The steps are:
- Select your existing instance, and choose Actions/Image/Create Image
- Click AMIs in the console to view the AMI
- Select Actions/Copy and select a destination region
- Once the AMI has been copied, switch the console to the destination region
- Select the AMI that was copied, then choose Actions/Launch to launch a new instance from this disk image
solved What are the problems when switch region on the Amazon web server?