How to Make Instagram Avatar
Instagram avatar is the latest addition to the long feature list of Instagram. The parent company of Instagram, Meta, has defined it as the initial steps for the big Metaverse plan. These avatars seem to be inspired by Snapchat’s Bitmoji. But their use case is not limited to just sending personalized stickers. Meta is planning to make it cross-platform. But all these plans are in the distant future. For now, Avatar on Instagram and Facebook has only one-use case. That is to make your interaction both personal and fun. Now you may have many questions, like how can I see my Instagram avatar or how can I make Instagram avatar for myself? Keep reading until the end to get all the answers! We are bringing a helpful guide to make you understand how to create Instagram avatar.
How to Make Instagram Avatar
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to make Instagram avatar and see my Instagram avatar in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
What is Avatar Option in Instagram?
Instagram has added a new option called Avatar. Avatar is your 3D virtual persona which is fully customizable. Avatar options allow you to make and see Instagram avatar that you can make to look exactly like you. Or you can play with it to make it look like a character from your imagination. So, it is not wrong to say that the avatar option can create a virtual you.
You will find the avatar option in two places:
- Instagram Story: Instagram Stories are a great way to post short-form content. And with the IG avatar option, you can make stories more engaging. When you tap on the Accessories option, you will find the IG avatar option there.
- Instagram DM: IG DM is another place where you will find the option to add an Insta avatar. Next to the text box, you will find the same Accessories option. From there, you can access the avatar on IG DM.
Also Read: What is Crunchyroll Account Sharing?
The concept of Avatar is not new. Snapchat is best known for its personalized stickers. So, is Instagram competing with Snapchat? It is possible. To keep up with the competition with TikTok, Instagram launched Reels in the past. These tech giants are fighting over one thing, Attention. To get more eyeballs, they are giving users one place which has all their favorite features. The more you stay on the app, the more you can get targeted for ads. Ads are the major income stream of tech giants like Meta.
But after Facebook’s rebranding to Meta, Metaverse seems to be their only focus. And launching Insta avatars is one step ahead in the direction of Metaverse. Meta wants to make IG avatars accessible to every platform. They believe with Web3 on the way, the avatars will play an essential role for an individual. They will help in interacting in the virtual world. Thus they made Insta avatars that are more than just stickers. These avatars are not only creative but also inclusive. So, with the IG avatars, Meta has big plans. With obvious short-term benefits like more advertising revenue.
Yes, it is free. Instagram does not charge you anything to make Instagram avatar. It is completely free to create an avatar on Instagram. You can create IG avatars by yourself in no time. The IG avatar option provides you with various options to customize. You can choose to change not just your outfits but facial features. Instagram has made that avatar option to match different people all around the globe. So you can choose outfits from different cultures. And you can use all these features without paying a single penny.
Making your own Instagram is an easy-to-follow process. Instagram avatar has several options for you to customize. So you can go creative and make IG avatar look exactly the way you want. To make your avatar on Instagram follow these steps:
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Tap on Settings from the menu that appeared at the bottom of the screen.
5. Then, tap on Account from the other setting options.
6. Tap on the Avatar option.
7. Choose the desired skin tone for your avatar and tap on Next.
8A. Tap on Personalise to modify the existing avatar characters on the Instagram app.
8B. Or tap on Create from Scratch to make your avatar from the start the way you want.
9. Then, proceed to select and customize the skin tone, facial features, body types, hairstyle, face shape, outfits, etc., as you like.
10. Once completed making your avatar, tap on Done.
11. Tap on SAVE CHANGES from the confirmation popup to save it.
This way you can make Instagram avatar. Your Instagram avatar will be ready in no time, and you can use it on Instagram stories and DMs.
Also Read: How to Make Close Friends List on Instagram
How to Make Instagram Avatar Female?
Instagram avatars are different from creating avatars on other platforms. You can make Instagram avatar exact to your physical features. But this is not can make these avatars resemble your ethnicity and gender too. And to make it more inclusive Instagram has not included the option to choose the gender of your avatar. So, does it mean you cannot create a female avatar? No, you can easily create one.
When you start creating one customize the avatar in the way you want it, you will find several customization options that will make it look like the female avatar. You have the option to look conventionally the same. Or be creative and look like someone you always wanted to be. Follow the steps mentioned above to create the female Instagram avatar from scratch.
IG avatar is still a new feature. People often get confused about them. Where can I see my Instagram avatar is one of the most common questions. You can view your Instagram avatar by following a few steps. To view your avatar on Insta, follow these steps.
1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Tap on the Profile tab > hamburger icon > Settings option.
3. Tap on Account > Avatar to see your created IG avatar.
Also Read: How to Change Microsoft Teams Profile Avatar
Can Others See My Instagram Avatar?
Yes, but only through the stickers. IG avatar is meant to be your digital persona. Meta is planning to make the Avatar feature cross-platform. But the avatar on IG is still in the beginning phase so it is now only used as 3D animated stickers. Now, this feature is only accessible on Instagram Story and DM. For this there can be a few scenarios:
- If you send someone the sticker in a DM, they will be able to see it.
- If you have a private account on Insta and you put up a Story using stickers, only your followers can see the avatar.
- If your account is public and you put up a story, along with your followers, your story can appear in the Explore feed for other users to see. Unless you choose the Close Friends filter.
So it comes down to where you are using your IG avatar. If you don’t want everyone to see it, do not use it at a place where it can go public. Like choosing different customization for your avatar. You can choose to define who can see it. So, you have now learned if others can see my IG avatar or not.
How Do You Send an Avatar on Instagram?
After you make Instagram avatar, you can start using it on Instagram Story and DM. DMs are direct messages from which you can communicate with an Instagram user one to one. To send your avatar on IG DM, you can follow these steps.
Note: You must have made the IG avatar first to send it to anyone through the Insta DMs.
1. Launch the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Messenger icon from the Home tab.
3. Tap on the desired chat to which you want to send your avatar.
4. Tap on the Sticker icon from the chat box.
5. Tap on your desired avatar from the Your avatar section.
Note: Tap on See more to load more of your avatars.
The selected avatar will be sent to that IG profile.
Avatar on Instagram came, and it became a piece of big news. Everyone started creating them and shared them as soon as they launched. If you are not seeing the avatar and missing out on keeping up with the rest, do not panic.
There are a few reasons why you are not seeing the avatar option.
- Outdated Instagram App: The IG avatar is launched with the new update. If your Instagram app is not updated, you won’t be able to access the IG avatar option. To update your app, you can visit the Play Store or App Store.
- Corrupted Cache: You may not be seeing the avatar option because of the corrupted app cache and data.
- Feature Not Available in Your Region: The IG avatar was initially launched in the USA, Canada, and Mexico. Then, after a few months, they launched in some more parts of the world. If you live in such a region where Avatar is still not available, you cannot do anything about it. You have to wait until Instagram launches this feature in your region.
Instagram avatar has made a buzz all over the internet, and everyone is curious to learn about how to make Instagram avatar. We have talked about how you can avatar on IG for yourself. If you are someone with the query where can I see my Instagram avatar? follow our method to resolve this. Else you have to wait for Instagram to launch this feature in your region. We hope this guide was helpful and that you learned to make Instagram avatar. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.