Some people like to set an alarm on their devices to be reminded of the tasks they have planned to do. You can set your alarm on the iPhone by navigating to the clocks app. Besides selecting the time, you can also choose from several sound options such as apex, chimes, circuit, night owl, silk, twinkle, classic, and more for your alarm. You can also snooze your alarm and decide whether you wish that the alarm you set gets repeated. If your alarm stops working, your daily schedule can get disturbed. So, if you want to learn how you can fix silent alarm issue on iPhone or iPhone Alarm not going off problem, read our article carefully until the end.
How to Fix Silent Alarm Issue on iPhone
There are various methods using which you can fix silent alarm issue iPhone. To know more about them, keep reading and opt for any of the methods given by us below:
Method 1: Restart iPhone
There are times when your alarm does not work properly. In this situation, try to restart or reboot your iPhone so that you can fix silent alarm issue iPhone. By restarting your device, your iPhone will get refreshed from the temporary glitches. You can read our article on How to Restart iPhone X to learn how to restart the iPhone easily.
Method 2: Force Restart iPhone
If you come across a silent alarm issue, you can try to force restart your device. Rebooting your device might resolve silent alarm problem on your iPhone. To make yourself familiar with how you can force restart your device, you can read our guide on How to Force Restart iPhone X.
Method 3: Change Alarm Tone
You can try changing the alarm tone on your device to resolve iPhone Alarm not going off issue. To switch your alarm tone, read the steps given below:
1. Launch the Clock app and tap on the Alarm option.
2. Next, tap on the Edit option located in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the desired alarm that is creating the issue.
4. After that, tap on the Sound option.
5. From the RINGTONES section, choose the desired ringtone sound that you wish to set.
6. Then, set the alarm volume to maximum.
Note: If you still come across the issue, set the alarm’s tone as none and then force restart your iPhone. After your iPhone restarts again, set up another alarm tone.
Also Read: 13 Ways to Fix iPhone Volume Too Low
Method 4: Modify iPhone Sound Settings
Another reason why you can face the silent alarm issue is that your device’s sound settings are not properly configured or if it is silent. In such cases, you can change your iPhone sound settings. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, navigate to the iPhone Settings.
2. Then, tap on the Sounds & Haptics option.
3. Set the Ringer and Alerts slider to maximum.
4. Then, turn off the toggle for the Change with Buttons option to ensure that the ringer and alarm volume do not change when you change the system volume with the buttons.
Method 5: Set High Quality Music Track
This is another method that you can use to fix the issue you are facing. To learn how to perform this method, read the steps given below:
1. Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on Music > Dolby Atmos > Off.
3. After that, tap on the Audio Quality option and turn off the toggle for the Lossless Audio option.
4. Restart your iPhone.
5. Navigate to the desired library and tap on the three-dotted icon > Download on the Music app.
Note: Make sure to delete the already set alarms from the Clock app.
6. Set the new alarm with the downloaded song on the Clock app.
7. Go to Settings > Music > Audio Quality > Downloads and tap on the High Quality option to set it as the quality.
Also Read: How to Make Your Alarm Louder
Method 6: Enable Snooze on Multiple Alarms
If you have set several alarms on your device and if the first alarm has a snooze and the other alarms that you have set, do not have the snooze enabled then this can lead to the problem. So, in such a situation enable snooze on multiple alarms. To gain insights into this method, abide by the steps given below:
1. Launch the Clock app and tap on the Alarm tab.
2. Select the desired alarm that is creating the problem.
3. Turn on the toggle for the Snooze option.
Method 7: Update iOS
You should update your device whenever any new software update is available on your device. If you have not updated your device yet, there might be a possibility that you might face this alarm not going off issue. Thus, to fix silent alarm issue on iPhone, abide by the steps discussed below:
1. Launch iPhone Settings.
2. Tap on the General option.
3. Next, tap on the Software Update option.
4. Tap on the Download and Install option.
Note: If a message appears asking you to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap on Continue or Cancel.
5A. If you want the update to occur immediately, tap on the Install option.
5B. Or, if you tap on Install Tonight and plug your iOS device into power before you sleep, your device will be updated automatically overnight.
Note: You are also given the option to install the software later by choosing to Remind Me Later.
Also Read: Why are My Notifications Not Making Sound on iPhone?
By turning off Bluetooth on your device, you can try to fix silent alarm issue iPhone. If your device is connected to any other Bluetooth device, the alarm audio may be running on the connected device like AirPods, distant speakers or headphones, etc. So, turn off the Bluetooth to disconnect the devices.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Next, tap the Bluetooth option on your device.
3. Then, turn off the toggle for the Bluetooth option.
Method 9: Disable Attention-Aware Features
Another method that you can opt for to fix silent alarm issue iPhone is by disabling the Attention-Aware Features option from the iPhone Settings. To gain insights on how you can do this, read the steps mentioned below:
1. First, navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on the Face ID & Passcode option.
3. Turn off the toggle for the Attention-Aware Features option.
4. Then, restart your iPhone to check if the problem is fixed.
Method 10: Disable Sleep Schedule
To fix silent alarm issue iPhone, check your iPhone’s sleep settings as it might affect the alarm that you would have set. To check the sleep settings on your iPhone, follow the ensuing steps:
1. Open the Apple Health app on your iPhone,
2. Tap on the Browse> Sleep option.
3. After that, tap on Full Schedule & Options.
4. Turn off the toggle for the Sleep Schedule option.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Sleep Mode on iPhone
Method 11: Delete and Add New Alarms
There could be a possibility that the current alarms on your device have bugs, so in this situation what you can do is delete all the alarms that you have set before and start fresh by making new alarms. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Clock app on your iPhone.
2. Swipe left on the desired alarm that you have set.
3. Next, tap on the Delete option. In this way, you can delete all the alarms that you have set whether you have disabled them or enabled them.
4. Now, to set a new alarm, tap on the plus (+) icon from the top right corner of your screen.
5. Choose the desired time, sound, and repeat options for your alarm.
Method 12: Reset All Settings
You could reset all settings on your device if the methods mentioned above did not work for you. Follow the steps given below to do so:
1. Launch Settings and tap on the General option.
2. Tap on the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
3. Tap on Reset.
4. Tap on Reset All Settings.
Also Read: How to Fix AirPods Connected but Sound Coming from Phone
Method 13: Factory Reset iPhone
You can opt for this method as the last resort as after you factory reset your device, all your data and information get cleared from your device. So, be careful while opting for this method to fix silent alarm issue iPhone. To make yourself familiar with how you can perform a factory reset, read and follow our guide on How to Factory Reset iPhone X.
We believe you found this article insightful as we discussed the methods on how to fix silent alarm issue iPhone. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.