Have you considered enhancing the charm and beauty of your notebook pages? OneNote page templates are useful at that point. But what are OneNote page templates? You can use a OneNote template to create a consistent layout, an aesthetically beautiful background, or both for new pages in your notebook. If you wish to learn how to create and use templates in OneNote continue reading.
How to Create and Use Templates in OneNote
In this article, we have explained about how to create and use templates in Microsoft OneNote app.
What are OneNote Page Templates?
Before we get into how to create and use templates in OneNote, let’s define what OneNote actually is. A program for automatically capturing notes, Microsoft OneNote helps you save and sync your notes while you work. Although OneNote makes it simple to build templates, you can also import pre-made ones that are freely accessible online. A pre-designed OneNote page template includes standard heading, font style, color, and other components.
Features of OneNote
Following are the features of OneNote:
- One of OneNote’s best features is the ability to organize data in Notebooks. You can use it to store data in notebook format. Information is stored in the Notebook as text, images, audio files, and videos.
- You can add information from a web page to OneNote using the web clipper in OneNote. Clipped webpages are accessible on any computer, tablet, or phone.
- OneNote 2016 comes with a number of built-in templates, including artistic page backgrounds, a consistent look, and a consistent layout.
- OneNote offers a search function for certain texts. Simply press Ctrl+E to open the search window, then type your search term in the field provided.
- One of OneNote’s key functions is a recording. You can use it to record any interview, significant voice notes, etc.
- For each area of a notebook, OneNote offers password security. Right-click the section and choose Password-Protect to make it password-protected.
- In OneNote, tags can help you organize content, keep track of tasks, or locate content based on the tags associated with it.
- You can translate the notes from one language to your preferred, easily comprehensible language using OneNote.
Can I Create a Template in OneNote?
The first thought that sprang to mind when I frequently have the urge to make my notebook appear a little more attractive while working was can I create a template in OneNote? To which the answer was Yes! I definitely can. In OneNote, creating a template enables you to quickly apply your go-to fonts, page styles, colors, and more. To get you started, OneNote uses third-party templates. The actual value, however, is found in templates that are tailored to your requirements and preferences.
How to Create a Template in OneNote for Windows 10?
Now that you are aware of what are OnePlus templates. Furthermore, in the article let’s learn how to create a template in OneNote for Windows 10.
1. Open OneNote on Windows 10.
2. Go to the Notebook Section.
3. Click on Add page at the bottom.
4. Now, give the OneNote page a meaningful name and begin making changes.
5. Go to View then Page Color and change the color of your OneNote.
Note: Here we are trying to modify OneNote based on our preferences.
6. Select Rule Lines as per your preference.
7. Now, if you wish to add a table go to Insert and add a 5*5 table.
8. Then, go to Home now go To do and add task to the page.
Also Read: Fix Office 365 Error 70003: Your Organization Has Deleted This Device
Now, we would like to use the finished OneNote page in the future for different purposes because it looks fantastic.
1. Open OneNote on Windows 10.
2. Go to the Notebook Section.
3. Then, right-click on the page and select Set as Default Template.
Now, we have learnt how to create and use templates in OneNote. We will now see how do you create a template page in OneNote.
How Do You Create a Template Page in OneNote?
OneNote includes a number of pre-made layouts, such as to-do lists and attractive page backgrounds. Either make your own template or modify an already existing one. OneNote templates can be used as-is, customized, or you can make your own. Let’s see how do you create a template page in OneNote.
Note: A lot of template designs have content that only appears in certain locations on the page. Because of this, OneNote templates may only be used on fresh pages without any notes on them. If you want to apply a template to a page that already has notes on it, you need to first create a new page using the desired template before pasting your notes onto it.
1. First, Open OneNote on Windows 10.
2. Select Insert then Page Templates from the ribbon.
3. Click the tiny arrows next to the category titles in the Templates task pane and select Page Templates.
4. Choose a template’s name from the list to use it on a new page. Choose a different template to replace your current one if you don’t like it.
5. Finally, close the Templates task pane and start taking notes on the new page.
OneNote Vs OneNote 2016
The manner in which notes are saved is the primary distinction between OneNote and OneNote 2016.
|Windows 10 comes pre-loaded with OneNote. It only works with Windows 10.
|Integrated with Microsoft Office 2016 is OneNote. Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7 are all supported.
|OneNote has a robust backup option and keeps all data in the cloud.
|All notes are stored on the hard drive of your computer by OneNote 2016.
|You can alter the color of the pages in OneNote.
|You cannot alter the color of the page with OneNote 2016.
|Page templates are not supported by OneNote.
|Templates for OneNote 2016 support pages.
|Sections are located on the left side of the panel in OneNote.
|Sections are located at the top of the screen in OneNote 2016.
What is OneNote Used For?
OneNote differs from the restrictions of other Office products in a way that it is not restricted to any certain role, set of tasks, or use case. Here are just a few of OneNote’s numerous applications.
- Manage your daily to-do lists, organize your travel plans, keep track of your family’s activities after work, get inspiration for new hobbies online, keep a journal, and more.
- Take minutes at meetings, sync your notes with Outlook, brainstorm with the team remotely, archive crucial emails, import spreadsheets and presentations for the record, and more.
- Join a shared notebook with your instructors or students, work together on projects and essays, maintain a schedule, and keep track of your academic activities.
Also Read: 25 Best ebooks Writing Software to Download Free
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is There a To-do list in OneNote?
Ans. OneNote has a built-in capability called checklist creation that may be used for a variety of purposes. A to-do list is probably its most obvious application, and in OneNote, the checkbox is referred to as a to-do list. To add or remove the checkmark, click in the box.
Q2. In OneNote, Do Templates just Apply to Brand-new Pages?
Ans. OneNote templates can only be used on fresh pages without any notes on them. If you want to apply a template to a page that already has notes on it, you need to first create a new page using the desired template before pasting your notes onto it.
Q3. Is OneNote Free?
Ans. Microsoft 365 and the Office program both include the OneNote desktop application. It comes pre-installed with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Alternatively, you may get it for free from the OneNote website.
Q4. Is it Possible to use OneNote for Windows 10 and the Desktop App on the Same Computer?
Ans. Yes, you can install both OneNote for Windows versions on the same computer or device and use both simultaneously as long as you’re running Windows 10. The OneNote app is officially supported on Windows 11.
Q5. OneNote for Windows 10 was already deleted. How Can I Reclaim it?
Ans. Windows 10 devices come pre-installed with OneNote for Windows 10. Please think about installing the OneNote app in its place if you’ve uninstalled the app for any reason.
Q6. Can I Create a Page Template of my Own?
Ans. Yes, you can create a page template of your own.
Q7. Can I use OneNote without an Internet Connection?
Ans. You can access your notebooks even when offline because all versions of OneNote save a cached copy of them on your device.
Q8. Can I Secure an Entire Notebook with a Password?
Ans. Individual notebook sections can have passwords applied to them one at a time, but not all of the sections in a single notebook at once.
Q9. Are Templates Available in OneNote for Mac?
Ans. Yes, templates are available in OneNote for Mac.
Q10. How Does OneNote Maintain Templates?
Ans. To create a template you can read above in our article how do you create a template page in OneNote.
For everyone who enjoys using a note-taking tool, Microsoft OneNote has the best features to offer and is a must-try. We hope that this article has aided in your understanding how to create and use templates in OneNote. Please read it and post any queries or suggestions you have in the comment box below.