Often, when you try to install or uninstall the Microsoft Office suite or a Microsoft Office application, you are met with a 30180-4 error code that prevents the process. This issue can arise for various reasons, such as improper network connections or an antivirus program, and cause a lot of inconvenience. In this guide, we will discuss methods to troubleshoot Microsoft Office setup error code 30180-4 issue. So, if you are having this error on your computer and don’t know how to fix MS Office uninstall error code 30180-4 issue, this is the perfect guide for you. Continue reading to find all the best solutions.
How to Troubleshoot Microsoft Office Setup Error Code 30180-4
There can be various reasons for error code 30180-4 when uninstalling Office. Some of the more common reasons are mentioned here.
- This issue can be caused by an unstable WiFi connection.
- If the installation is restricted in your area, it can cause this error.
- A corrupt Microsoft Office suite can be responsible for this issue.
- A VPN or proxy connection on your device can also cause this error.
- An antivirus program can also interfere and cause this issue.
- The Windows Firewall can also be responsible for this issue.
- Various bugs and other issues with Office applications can be held responsible for the issue.
In this guide, we will discuss methods to troubleshoot Microsoft Office setup error code 30180-4 issue.
Method 1: Use Wired Connection
If you are trying to install Microsoft Office applications over a WiFi connection, that can also be a reason for this error. It is preferred to use a wired internet connection such as ethernet to install the Office application. This issue can occur due to the instability of a WiFi connection, which can cause download interruptions. If this does not help and you are still trying to figure out how do I fix Microsoft Office installation error, try the next method.
Method 2: Reinstall from Different Location
Sometimes, installing software in a specific location can be restricted. This can cause interruptions during the installation of programs, and you may receive this error. Generally, this occurs when someone tries to install Office over a school’s or library’s network. You can simply move to a different location to complete the download. If this does not work and you don’t know how to fix MS Office uninstall error code 30180-4, try the method.
Also Read: Fix Office Activation Error Code 0xC004F074
Method 3: Repair Microsoft Office
If the previous methods do not work, the error code 30180-4 when uninstalling Office can be caused by a corrupt Microsoft Office suite. However, you don’t have to worry, as Microsoft provides you with a repair utility to fix these issues. Here is how to fix MS Office uninstall error code 30180-4 by repairing Microsoft Office as shown below.
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
2. Here, go to Apps.
3. Now, locate and select Microsoft Office, and click on Modify.
4. In the new dialog box, select Online Repair and then click Repair.
Method 4: Disable VPN and Proxy Server
If you are using a VPN with your internet, it may be causing this error while trying to install Microsoft Office or Microsoft Office applications. If your VPN is connected to a location where access is restricted, this issue can occur. To troubleshoot Microsoft Office setup error code 30180-4 issue, you can disable VPN and Proxy on your device. You can check out the How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10 guide to safely disable the settings. If this method does not work and you are still trying to figure out how do I fix Microsoft Office installation error, try the next method.
Also Read: Fix Office 365 activation error We couldn’t Contact the Server
Method 5: Temporarily Disable Antivirus (If Applicable)
If you are using an antivirus program on your computer, this error can occur during the installation or uninstallation of Microsoft Office applications. When your antivirus software falsely flags a file as a possible threat to the computer, it can interrupt the installation or uninstallation process. Therefore, you can temporarily disable the antivirus program on your computer to resolve the error code 30180-4 when uninstalling Office. You can check out the How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 guide to disable the antivirus on your computer to figure out how to fix MS Office uninstall error code 30180-4 issue.
Method 6: Disable Windows Defender Firewall (Not Recommended)
Windows Defender Firewall protects your computer from various online threats, if it incorrectly detects an issue during the installation or uninstallation of Microsoft Office applications, it can interrupt the process, which can result in this error. To troubleshoot Microsoft Office setup error code 30180-4 issue, you can disable the Windows Defender Firewall on your computer. You can check out the How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall guide to disable this utility on your computer.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Office Not Opening on Windows 10
Method 7: Run Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant
If you are trying to uninstall a Microsoft Office application or the entire suite and come across this error, it can be due to various corrupt files on your program. Microsoft provides a Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant that can be used to repair such files. However, you will have to download this tool from the official website. Follow these steps to figure out how do I fix Microsoft Office installation errors.
1. Open the web browser and visit the official Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant download page.
2. Click on the Download icon to download the tool.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool on your computer.
4. Once the tool finishes scanning your computer, select the Microsoft Office application you want to uninstall and click Next.
5. Finally, check the box for Confirm install and click Next to start the uninstallation.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Method 8: Use Offline Installer
If the issue occurs during the installation of an Office application, you can use the offline installer to install the program without receiving any errors. You can use the installer to bypass VPN, proxy, and bug issues. Depending on your Microsoft Office subscription, the process for installing the Microsoft Offline Installer may differ.
Option I: For Office for Home
If you have the Office for Home version of Microsoft 365, you can follow these simple steps to install the offline installer on your computer.
1. Open the web browser and visit the official Microsoft 365 homepage, then log in to your account.
2. Click on Install Office.
Note: If you have a Microsoft Office 365 subscription, you will still need to click Install Office.
3. Now, select Other options in the Download and install window.
4. Here, check the box for Download an offline installer.
5. Select the language you want your Microsoft Office applications in, and then click Download.
6. Once the download is complete, open File Explorer by pressing Windows + E and locate a new virtual drive, e.g., D:.
Note: This new drive will contain the Microsoft 365 installation files. If the drive doesn’t appear on your computer, locate and double-click the image file you downloaded. The new drive should now appear in your directory.
7. Now, open the virtual drive and locate and double-click on the Microsoft 365 folder.
8. Here, double-click on either Setup32.exe or Setup64.exe, depending on your computer.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Note: Once, Microsoft 365 installation is complete, you will need to activate Microsoft 365. Make sure you are connected to the internet, and then open any Office application. Generally, Office is automatically activated when you start an Office application and click Accept to agree to the license terms.
Also Read: Fix Office Error Code 1058 13 in Windows 10
Option II: For Office for Business
If you use Office for Business on your computer, you will need to download the Office Deployment Tool to install the offline installer. You can follow these simple steps to do the same and troubleshoot Microsoft Office setup error code 30180-4.
1. Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys together.
2. Here, on your hard drive (:c), create a New Folder and name it ODT.
3. Now, open your web browser and visit the official Office Deployment Tool download page.
4. Click on Download to download the tool to your computer.
5. Install the tool on your computer from the download folder, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
6. In the Browse for Folder dialog box, navigate to the previously created ODT folder, and then click OK.
7. Open Notepad from the start menu.
8. Copy the following code and paste it into Notepad.
<Configuration> <Add OfficeClientEdition="64"> <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail"> <Language ID="en-us" /> </Product> </Add> </Configuration>
9. Press Ctrl + S keys together and save the file in the ODT folder with the name installOfficeProPlus64.xml.
10. Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
11. In the Run dialog box, type the following and press the Enter key
c:\odt\setup.exe /download installOfficeProPlus64.xml
Note: You should be able to see c:\ODT\setup.exe in the title bar. Now, Office installation files should start downloading to your ODT folder.
12. After the downloading has finished, press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box, and type the following and press the Enter key
c:\odt\setup.exe /configure installOfficeProPlus64.xml
Note: Once, Microsoft 365 installation is complete, you will need to activate Microsoft 365. Make sure you are connected to the internet and then open any Office application. Generally, Office is automatically activated when you start an Office application and click Accept to agree to the license terms.
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to troubleshoot Microsoft Office setup error code 30180-4 issue. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.