Instagram has made it easy for users to communicate with one another through the direct messaging feature. One of the most popular ways to communicate on the platform is through voice messages. However, if you’re new to using Instagram or having trouble with the feature, you might wonder how to listen to Instagram voice message. In this article, we’ll explain how to download Instagram voice message and fix issues related to them, like Instagram voice message won’t play. Whether you’re new to Instagram or just need a refresher, this guide will help you make the most of this popular communication feature.
How to Listen to Instagram Voice Message
Read this article till the end to learn the steps demonstrating how to listen to Instagram voice message in a detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding.
Can I Send Voice Message on Instagram?
Yes, you can send voice messages on Instagram. To do so, tap and hold the microphone icon, and speak your message. Once you release the microphone icon, the voice message will be sent.
Is There a Instagram Voice Message Limit?
Yes, there is a time limit for Instagram voice messages. Each voice message can be up to one minute long. Once the time limit is reached, the message will automatically be sent. Instagram voice message limit feature has been updated in recent years.
Also Read: Is There an Instagram Ghost Followers Remover App?
Do Voice Messages Expire on Instagram?
Yes, voice messages expire in the chat box when we use vanish mode and when one person blocks you.
How Do Instagram Audio Messages Work?
Instagram audio messages allow users to record and send voice messages through the direct messaging feature on the platform. To send an audio message on Instagram:
Note: Make sure you are logged into your IG account.
2. Tap on the Direct Message icon from the top right corner and open the desired DM.
3. Tap and hold the Microphone icon from the chat box.
4. Speak your message when prompted and release the Microphone icon to send the message.
The recipient will receive the message in the conversation thread, and they can listen to it by tapping on the audio message. They can also reply with a text, a voice message, or a video message.
Also Read: WhatsApp is Working on Voice Note Transcription Feature for iOS
Why Instagram Voice Message Won’t Play?
There can be several reasons why an Instagram voice message won’t play. Some possible causes include the following:
- The message may not have been fully downloaded yet. In this case, wait a moment and try playing it again.
- The internet connection may be weak or unstable. Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
- Another reason could be the outdated app. Make sure you update your Instagram app and have the latest version.
- Lack of microphone access on the device you are utilizing to access Instagram. This scenario is frequently identified as the primary cause of this problem.
- The device’s speaker or audio settings may be causing the problem. Try adjusting the volume or checking if the sound is muted.
- The person you sent the message may have blocked or deleted their account.
If none of these solutions works, you may need to contact Instagram support for further assistance and ask why Instagram voice message won’t play.
How to Listen to Instagram Voice Message?
To listen to voice messages on Instagram, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Open the desired DM conversation where you have received the voice message.
3. Tap on the Play icon on the voice message to play it.
Note: To pause or stop the message, tap on the pause icon.
You can also listen to the message by holding the phone to your ear as you would with a phone call, this feature is called voice-over, and it can be enabled in the Accessibility settings of your device.
Also Read: Does Blocking Someone On Instagram Delete Messages?
How to Listen to Instagram Voice Message on PC?
Instagram does not have a direct PC version, but you can still listen to voice messages on the Instagram web version. Here’s how:
1. Visit the Instagram website on your browser and Sign In to your account.
2. Click on the Messages tab from the left pane.
3. Open the desired DM chat where the voice message was sent.
4. Click on the voice message or play icon to play the voice message.
Note: To pause or stop the message, click on the message again or hit the pause icon.
Please note that, unlike the mobile version, you can only listen to voice messages on a computer. You cannot send voice messages to someone on Instagram.
How Do You Listen to Voice Memos on Instagram?
To listen to a voice memo on Instagram, follow the steps listed above.
How to Listen to Instagram Voice Message Without Sender Knowing?
You cannot listen to IG voice messages without the sender knowing. Instagram notifies the sender when the recipient listens to a voice message.
But there are a few workarounds that will help you learn How to Read Instagram Messages Without Being Seen.
Also Read: How to Access Voicemail Messages on Android phone
How to Download Instagram Voice Message?
Instagram does not have a built-in feature to download voice messages.
However, you can download your IG account data by placing a request. Read and follow our article on How Do I Back Up My Instagram Account to do that. After you get your data, you will be able to access your voice messages from the downloaded folders.
So, we hope you have understood how to listen to Instagram voice message with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.