1. Use the Keyboard Shortcut: Press the Ctrl + Shift + Refresh keys simultaneously to rotate the screen on your Chromebook.
2. Use the Chrome OS Settings: Open the Chrome OS Settings menu and select the Display option. From there, you can choose to rotate the screen to the left or right.
3. Use the Chrome OS App Launcher: Open the Chrome OS App Launcher and select the Display Settings option. From there, you can choose to rotate the screen to the left or right.
If you have connected a monitor to your Chromebook and want to rotate the screen vertically, you can achieve that in a few simple steps and using a few different methods. Rotating the screen can come in handy for setting up a live Twitter feed or monitoring the stock market. Apart from that, users who have a Chrome OS tablet also have the option to rotate the screen based on their current orientation. These are just a few use cases as to why you would need to use screen rotation on Chromebooks. So if you are looking for ways to rotate the screen on a Chromebook, follow our detailed guide below.
Rotate the Screen on a Chromebook (2022)
Find three ways to rotate the screen on a Chromebook in this guide. No matter if you are using your Chromebook in laptop or tablet mode, you can change the screen orientation with ease.
Rotate the Screen on Your Chromebook Using a Keyboard Shortcut
If you are in laptop mode and wish to rotate the screen on your Chromebook, the easiest method is to use a keyboard shortcut. Here’s how it works:
1. You need to use the Chrome OS keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + Shift + Reload” to rotate the screen. You will find the Reload button in the top row, just above the 3 or 4 number keys.
2. Now, you will see a pop-up on your screen asking whether you want to rotate the screen. Simply click the “Continue” button in the pop-up window.
3. Your Chromebook screen will now turn 90 degrees to the left.
4. Keep pressing the same keyboard shortcut and the screen will go through different orientations. You can move to the original orientation by pressing the shortcut four times.
Rotate the Screen on Your Touchscreen Chromebook (Tablet Mode)
If you use your Chromebook as a tablet and wish to rotate the screen freely depending on your current orientation, you can do so easily. It requires you to turn on the “Auto-rotate” feature that’s common on mobile devices. So here’s how you can do that:
1. Open the Quick Settings panel from the bottom-right corner.
2. Next, make sure “Auto-rotate” is turned on. If it shows “Lock (Horizontal)”, tap on it and change the quick settings toggle to “Auto-rotate”. Note that this setting only appears in tablet mode.
3. Also, if the quick settings toggle shows “Lock (Vertical)“, tap on it and change the setting to “Auto-rotate“.
4. And that’s it. Now, whenever you rotate your Chromebook in a particular direction, the screen orientation will change according to the same.
Change the Screen Orientation From Settings on a Chromebook
1. Apart from the above two methods, you can also rotate the Chromebook screen from the Settings page.
1. Open the Quick Settings panel and tap the settings (gear) icon at the top right.
2. Next, move to “Device” settings from the left side pane and then access the “Displays” section in the right panel.
3. Here, choose the angle from the dropdown next to the “Orientation” setting, and it will rotate the screen likewise. If you want to restore the screen to the original orientation, select the “0-degrees (Default)” option.
Change the Screen Orientation on Chrome OS
So these are the three ways that can help you change the screen orientation on Chrome OS. The keyboard shortcut is a simple and seamless way to rotate the screen on Chromebooks. However, if you have a Chrome OS tablet device, you will find the necessary auto-rotation menu in the Quick Settings panel. Anyway, that is all from us. If you want to use emojis on a Chromebook, head to our detailed guide and find all the smileys, classic emoticons, kaomoji, and more. Apart from that, we have a detailed tutorial on how to turn off the touch screen on your Chromebook. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.
3 Ways to Rotate the Screen on a Chromebook
Rotating the screen on a Chromebook is a great way to get the most out of your device. Whether you’re watching a movie or giving a presentation, rotating the screen can help you get the most out of your Chromebook. Here are three ways to rotate the screen on a Chromebook.
1. Use the Keyboard Shortcut
The easiest way to rotate the screen on a Chromebook is to use the keyboard shortcut. All you have to do is press Ctrl + Shift + Refresh and the screen will rotate 90 degrees. You can press the shortcut again to rotate the screen back to its original orientation.
2. Use the Chrome OS Settings
If you don’t want to use the keyboard shortcut, you can also rotate the screen using the Chrome OS settings. To do this, open the Chrome OS settings and select “Display”. From there, you can select the “Orientation” option and choose the orientation you want. You can choose from landscape, portrait, or upside-down.
3. Use a Third-Party App
If you want more control over the rotation of your screen, you can also use a third-party app. There are several apps available that allow you to rotate the screen in any direction you want. These apps also allow you to set up hotkeys so you can quickly rotate the screen with a single keystroke.
Rotating the screen on a Chromebook is a great way to get the most out of your device. Whether you’re watching a movie or giving a presentation, rotating the screen can help you get the most out of your Chromebook. With these three methods, you can easily rotate the screen on your Chromebook.