1. Press and hold the Refresh key and the Power button at the same time.
2. Click the Power button in the lower-right corner of the screen and select “Restart” from the menu.
3. Open the Chrome browser and type “chrome://restart” in the address bar. This will restart the Chromebook without having to press any buttons.
Chrome OS is known to be a lightweight OS, but it comes with many desktop-class features. Just like other desktop operating systems, you can right-click on a Chromebook and even record the screen on Chrome OS. So if you recently moved to a Chromebook and are looking for a way to reboot your Chromebook, this guide will help you do that. There are three simple methods to restart a Chromebook, and we have mentioned all of them, including a hidden Chrome URL method. So on that note, let’s go ahead and learn how to restart a Chromebook.
3 Methods to Restart a Chromebook (2022)
Restart Chromebook From Quick Settings
Chrome OS does not come with a dedicated Restart button, so you will have to shut down your Chromebook and manually power it on to reboot the device. You can easily do that from the Quick Settings panel. Here’s how it works:
1. Open the Quick Settings panel from the bottom-right corner where time and other information are displayed. Here, click on the “Shut down” (power) button, and it will immediately power off your device.
2. Now, press the hardware power button on your device to restart the Chromebook.
Restart Chromebook Using the Power Button
1. You can also reboot your Chromebook using the hardware power button. You need to press and hold the power button for a couple of seconds.
2. Once you do that, much like Android, a pop-up menu will appear on the screen. Here, select the “Shut down” option, and it will power off the Chromebook.
2. Now, press the power button again to restart your Chromebook.
Restart Chromebook Using a Chrome URL
Finally, there are several hidden Chrome URLs that many users are not aware of. One of them allows you to reboot your Chromebook with a simple URL execution. Note that it’s a soft reboot and not a full-fledged restart. In the absence of a dedicated restart feature here, you can employ this method on Chrome OS.
1. Open Chrome and type the below URL in the address bar and hit Enter. Make sure you have saved all your work as this will instantly restart your Chromebook.
2. Now, your Chromebook will automatically reboot. That’s it.
Reboot Your Chromebook the Right Way
So this is how you can restart the Chromebook. It would have been better if Google added a dedicated restart option to avoid the hassles of manually turning off the device and turning it back on again. Nevertheless, you can use the Chrome URL for a soft reboot. Anyway, that is all from us. If you want to turn off the touchscreen on a Chromebook, follow our quick guide. And to enable split screen on a Chromebook, just like Windows 11, we have a detailed tutorial for you. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.
How to Restart a Chromebook (3 Easy Ways)
Restarting a Chromebook is a simple process that can help you troubleshoot and fix any issues you may be having with your device. Whether you’re experiencing a software issue or just need to refresh your device, restarting your Chromebook is a quick and easy way to get it back up and running. Here are three easy ways to restart your Chromebook.
Method 1: Restart from the Chrome OS Settings
The easiest way to restart your Chromebook is to use the Chrome OS Settings. To do this, click on the time in the bottom right corner of your screen and select the gear icon to open the Settings menu. From there, select the “Power” option and then click “Restart”. Your Chromebook will then restart and you’ll be back up and running in no time.
Method 2: Restart from the Keyboard Shortcut
If you’d rather not open the Settings menu, you can also restart your Chromebook using a keyboard shortcut. To do this, press and hold the “Ctrl” and “Alt” keys and then press the “R” key. This will open a window asking if you’d like to restart your Chromebook. Click “Restart” and your Chromebook will begin the restart process.
Method 3: Restart from the Power Button
The last way to restart your Chromebook is to use the power button. To do this, press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. This will force your Chromebook to shut down and then restart. This method is useful if your Chromebook is frozen or unresponsive and you can’t access the Settings menu or use the keyboard shortcut.
Restarting your Chromebook is a quick and easy process that can help you troubleshoot and fix any issues you may be having with your device. Whether you use the Chrome OS Settings, a keyboard shortcut, or the power button, restarting your Chromebook is a simple way to get it back up and running.