Why Does PS4 Say Credit Card Information is Not Valid?
This error message usually occurs when the credit card information entered does not match the information on file with the credit card issuer. This could be due to a typo, an expired card, or a card that has been cancelled. It is also possible that the card has been blocked by the issuer due to suspicious activity. In any case, it is best to contact the credit card issuer to verify the information and resolve the issue.
Sony Interactive Entertainment created the PlayStation 4 (PS4), a home video gaming console. The PlayStation 4 was released as the PlayStation 3’s replacement on November 15, 2013, on November 29, 2013, in Europe, South America, and Australia, and on February 22, 2014, in Japan. It was first announced as the PlayStation 3’s replacement in February 2013. It is an eighth-generation system that competes with Nintendo’s Wii U and Switch as well as Microsoft’s Xbox One. The PlayStation Network has a lot of credit card information requirements that need to be met, which appears to make things more difficult than it has to be. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we are bringing you a helpful guide that will teach you why it says PS4 credit card information is not valid and why isn’t your debit card working on PS4. Also, you will learn why the WC-34737-4 error is occurring on my PS4 and how to add funds to my wallet on PS4.
Why Does PS4 Say Credit Card Information is Not Valid?
Keep reading further to find out why PS4 credit card information is not valid and why is not my debit card working on PS4 in detail.
What is the Reason for an Error has Occurred Please Try Again on PlayStation Wallet?
Your PlayStation account must have been disabled for security reasons if you see an error message asking you to try again after an issue has occurred. Please wait 24 hours before attempting to update your payment details; if you do so during that time, your account will be blocked for an additional 24 hours.
Why isn’t My Debit Card Working on PS4?
Here are some of the reasons why your debit card isn’t working on PS4:
- The majority of debit cards are accepted by PlayStation Store, while some payment options are not supported. See if your card type is supported by PlayStation Store by visiting the page listing acceptable payment methods.
- You might be unable to register your card as a payment option on the PlayStation Store if you’ve instructed your payment provider to block online payments.
- It’s conceivable that your payment information can’t be captured if PlayStation Network is having problems. In order to avoid entering your payment information more than once, please check the PSN status page and wait until all services are lit up green. You could discover that it is impossible to link your debit card if it is registered to an address in a different nation than the region where your PlayStation Store is located.
If the problem continues, please get in touch with your bank or card issuer to make sure the payment method has been authorized, that there are funds available, and that it hasn’t been stopped.
Also Read: Why is Hotspot Not Showing Up on PS4?
Why does My PS4 Say My Card is Expired?
The credit card you have entered on your account may have expired if this problem shows up. You can register and verify your credit card. Please confirm that the registration details, such as the credit card number, are accurate if there is no issue with the expiration date.
Why Can’t I Add Funds to My Wallet on PS4?
Let’s see why you can’t add funds to your wallet on PS4:
- Information from an invalid card: Entering the incorrect card information is the most frequent cause of your PS4 wallet payment not processing. Verify both the billing address and the card details twice.
- No such payment method: Not having a legitimate payment method connected to your account is an additional common cause. Your card could have run out of money, been denied or rejected, or there might be a problem with your bank. A frozen card or a low balance is only two examples of the many possible causes for this. Your credit or debit card has to be active, have enough money on it, and be registered in the same country as the PlayStation shop.
- Incorrect billing address: The system might not have correctly read it and may have issued you an error message if you used any unusual characters in any of the mandatory fields.
- Weak internet connection: If your card is working properly, it’s likely that your Wi-Fi connection isn’t powerful enough to support the transaction.
- The PS4 Network Servers are down: It’s also conceivable that the inability to fund your PS4 wallet has nothing to do with you. It’s possible that PS4 is experiencing some difficulties or that they are performing brief line maintenance. These causes will result in a brief outage of the servers.
- Your account is locked: Your account being locked is an additional potential cause. If you try to log in too many times without success, this might happen.
- Your current location is in another country: Additionally, if you reside in a nation that the Sony Entertainment Network does not support, you might not be able to add money to your PS4 wallet.
Why do PS4 Credit Card Information is Not Valid WC-34737-4 Error Occurs?
When attempting to add a new payment on PlayStation 4, you can see the error WC-34737-4, which states that the information is not acceptable. This problem could still exist as a result of widespread problems, like inaccurate information, problems with the PS4 server, regional problems, etc.
Why does My PS4 Keep Saying My Card is Invalid?
Read further to know why ps4 credit card information is not valid. The main reason for PS4 say credit card information is not valid can be minor mistakes like mentioned below:
- Verify the information on the card is accurate and matches the information on your credit/debit card account. This includes the cardholder’s name, card number, CVV code (the final three numbers on the signature strip), expiration date, and address.
- Verify that your address, including all acronyms, is entered in the same order as it appears on your card issuer’s system.
- Use a card with an address on it. Use of a PO Box or BFPO address, for instance, is not advised.
- Prepaid credit cards shouldn’t be used since AVS won’t work with them and they frequently don’t require an address to be associated.
- Avoid using special characters like asterisks (*), hyphens (-), apostrophes (‘), and slashes (/) if your address contains a flat or apartment number or if your name or address also includes any of these.
- Please substitute the closest letter from the 26-letter Latin alphabet for any characters in your name or address that begin with the letters ß, ä, or ç, such as ss for ß, a for ä, or c for ç.
Also Read: Why Does It Say Waiting for Payment on G2A?
Why does PS4 Say Your Credit Card has Expired and Try Another Payment Method?
Here are some reasons why your PS4 says your credit card has expired and try another payment method:
- On the PS4, the WS-43709-3 error code frequently appears when your credit card has expired or you’ve used an improper payment method.
- Other technical concerns, such as faults with your software or down servers, should be taken into account as well.
- The reason for the error code on your console might be because Sony’s engineers are performing system maintenance on their servers or they are having technical difficulties.
- The WS-43709-3 error code might be brought on by an issue with the game licenses you’ve bought. When you transfer from an old Playstation to a new one, this typically occurs.
- There might be issues with the update. On its console, Sony regularly releases updates to make sure everything is working properly. To resolve any errors or malfunctions that may have happened, consider upgrading the system version on your PS4 if you get the WS-43709-3 error code.
How Can I Add Funds to My Wallet on PS4?
Now that you know why it says your credit card has expired, let us know how to add funds to my wallet on PS4. It is not particularly difficult to add money to your PSN Wallet, which is used to download content for your favorite games or to make digital purchases of full-length retail products.
1. Go to the home screen on your PS4 and choose Settings.
2. Choose Account Management.
3. Go to Account Information.
4. Select Wallet.
5. Select Add Funds.
6. Select PayPal, a credit or debit card, or a gift card out of the available payment methods.
Note: If you don’t already have any associated payment methods, you must add one.
7. Choose the desired amount of cash, and select the Continue option.
8. Choose Yes to proceed when prompted by a confirmation notice.
Also Read: How to Change Default PlayStation Payment Method
How to Fix PS4 Credit Card Information is Not Valid WC-34737-4 Error?
Re-register your payment method if it is showing credit card information is not valid WC-34737-4 error.
Here are the steps to re-register your credit card:
Note 1: It’s possible that this is only a short-term problem. Please try again after 24 hours.
Note 2: Please be aware that you can temporarily lose the ability to alter your payment information if you register or remove it many times in a short period of time. If this occurs, kindly try again in 24 hours.
1. Go to Settings to update your payment details or register a new payment method.
2. Choose Account Management > Account Information.
3. Select Wallet.
4. Go to Payment Methods > desired payment method.
5. Select Delete > Yes to delete the method completely from your PS4.
6. Return to the Payment Methods menu and select Add a PayPal Account or Add a Credit/Debit Card to add the new payment method on PS4.
Why Do I Get the Credit/Debit Card is No Longer Valid on PS5?
Here are some of the reasons you get the credit/debit card is no longer valid on ps5:
- Your card may have expired, which is one of the main causes of a credit card or debit card that isn’t working.
- Your transactions being halted by the bank is yet another option.
- If you are using the incorrect card, check to see if it is a debit card bearing the official Visa or MasterCard logo, a Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit card.
We hope that you learned about why does my PS4 credit card information is not valid and why is not my debit card working on PS4. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.
Why Does PS4 Say Credit Card Information is Not Valid?
If you’ve ever tried to purchase something on the PlayStation Store and received an error message saying that your credit card information is not valid, you’re not alone. This is a common issue that many PlayStation users experience, and it can be frustrating. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue.
Check Your Credit Card Information
The first step is to double-check the credit card information you’ve entered. Make sure that all of the information is correct, including the card number, expiration date, and security code. If any of the information is incorrect, the PlayStation Store won’t be able to process the transaction.
Check Your Billing Address
Another common issue is that the billing address associated with the credit card doesn’t match the address you’ve entered into the PlayStation Store. Make sure that the address you’ve entered is the same as the one associated with the credit card. If it’s not, the PlayStation Store won’t be able to process the transaction.
Check Your Credit Card Balance
If the credit card information and billing address are correct, the next step is to check the balance on the credit card. If the balance is too low, the PlayStation Store won’t be able to process the transaction. Make sure that the balance is high enough to cover the cost of the purchase.
Contact Your Credit Card Company
If you’ve checked all of the above and the issue still persists, it’s time to contact your credit card company. They may be able to provide more information about why the transaction isn’t going through. They may also be able to provide a temporary solution, such as increasing the credit limit on the card.
If your PlayStation Store says that your credit card information is not valid, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue. Double-check the credit card information and billing address, make sure the balance is high enough to cover the cost of the purchase, and contact your credit card company if the issue persists. With a little bit of effort, you should be able to get the issue resolved and get back to enjoying your PlayStation.