HBO Max is a popularly known video-on-demand over-the-top streaming service for American users. The platform streams all of HBO plus movies, TV, and Max Originals at no extra cost. The application features over 10,000 hours of premium content for users to binge-watch. The best thing about HBO Max is that you can access it for free without ads if you subscribe to Apple, Amazon Appstore, Roku Channel Store, Google Play, Samsung, WarnerMedia, North State, Liberty, or Verizon Fios. Although the app is one of the most streaming platforms for new content, many users have reported encountering issues while using it. One of these issues is HBO Max stuck on loading screen. If you have been facing the same issue then our guide on how to fix HBO Max stuck on loading screen will help a lot. Along with exploring different solutions to fix the problem, you will also get to know the causes behind this problem. So, without delaying any further, let us get started by fixing HBO Max for you.
How to Fix HBO Max Stuck on Loading Screen
There are a number of reasons that can cause the HBO Max application to get stuck and not load on your streaming device. These reasons include:
- Server outage.
- Bad internet connection.
- Outdated HBO Max app.
- Device incompatibility.
- A corrupt cache of HBO Max app.
- VPN services.
If the issue is not fixed, it can stop you from accessing or streaming content on HBO Max. Therefore, you can try to resolve the problem by following the methods stated below:
Method 1: Wait for HBO Max Server Uptime
Server problem is one of the primary reasons behind HBO Max stuck on the loading screen of your device. Therefore, in such a scenario, the first thing to do is to check if there are technical issues from the server’s side or if the server is under maintenance. To check this, you can visit the Twitter page of HBO Max or Downdetector website which indicates possible problems in the last 24 hours. If you happen to find technical or server issues, wait for the downtime to get over and then stream HBO Max.
Method 2: Restart Device or HBO Max App
HBO Max stuck on loading screen can be fixed by restarting the device you are streaming this application on or by restarting the HBO Max app altogether. Restarting an Android device can fix internal bugs or issues that stop the app from working well and leave it buffering or lagging. In this case, you can restart your device and to do so you can check our guide on How to Restart or Reboot Your Android Phone?
You can also try re-launching the HBO Max app by following the steps below:
1. Navigate to the HBO Max app on your Android device and long press on its icon.
2. Now, click on the App info option.
3. Next, select Force stop and then go back to the home screen of your device.
4. Finally, re-launch the HBO Max application.
Also Read: Fix HBO Max Not Working on Roku
Method 3: Resolve Internet Connectivity Issue
If your internet connection is not stable or is weak, you are bound to encounter issues while launching and using the HBO Max app. Therefore, to fix HBO Max stuck on loading screen, try resolving the weak internet connection on your device. You can refer to our guide on Slow Internet Connection? 10 Ways to Speed up your Internet! if you are streaming the application on your Windows PC.
Method 4: Ensure Device Compatibility
Device incompatibility is another major factor that can trigger HBO go stuck on loading screen. You will encounter this issue if your device is not capable of supporting the HBO Max app. This results in problems with launching the app and streaming the content as well. So, you must check and make sure your device is capable and compatible to run the HBO Max app.
Method 5: Disable VPN
VPN services help in hiding your actual IP address. However, while using the HBO Max application you must be a resident of the United States or affiliated territories. In this case, your original IP address must be visible and if a VPN service is blocking it, you will have an issue with loading the HBO Max. So, you can either disconnect your VPN or disable it as shown in the steps below.
Note: As Android phones do not have the same settings and these settings differ for each brand, the steps mentioned below may change slightly from your device. We have shown the following steps performed on the Honor Play smartphone.
1. Launch your device settings and tap on Wireless & networks setting.
2. Then, tap on VPN option.
3. Now, select the connected VPN and tap on DISCONNECT option to disable the VPN.
Method 6: Clear HBO Max App Cache
Another way to resolve HBO Max stuck on loading screen is by clearing the HBO Max app cache. App cache can build up with time and can become corrupt which can ultimately stop you from using the app. Android users can follow the steps below to clear HBO Max cache:
1. Open the Settings app of your Android device.
2. Next, select Apps & permissions from the menu of Settings.
3. Now, move forward with selecting the App manager option.
4. Next, select HBO Max from the list.
5. Select Storage from its App info.
6. Finally, tap on Clear cache.
Also Read: Fix Err Proxy Connection Failed Chrome Error
Method 7: Re-Login or Reset HBO Max Account
The next possible solution to avoid HBO go stuck on loading screen is by re-login or resetting the HBO account. To perform this method, you need to sign out of your account or reset the password of your account.
Follow the steps below to re-login to your HBO Max account:
1. Open the HBO Max account on your device.
2. Now, select the profile icon to expand the menu.
3. Next, tap on the SIGN OUT option.
4. Then, wait for a few seconds and re-launch the app to log in again into your account.
You can reset your HBO Max account with the help of the following steps:
1. Open the HBO Max app on your device.
2. Now, select the Forgot password option.
3. Next, select the method for account recovery.
4. On receiving the mail for password recovery, insert the confirmation code and set a new password for your account.
Method 8: Reconfigure Network Settings
In other cases, where none of the methods seem to work, reconfiguring the network settings of the device can come in handy. If the network settings of your device are wrongly configured, they must be reset to fix HBO Max stuck on loading screen. To reset network settings on your Android device, follow the instructions below:
1. Open the Settings application on your Android phone.
2. Select System management from the list of options in Settings.
3. Next, go to the Backup & Reset option and open it.
4. Finally, open Reset network settings.
5. Then, tap on Reset settings.
Once the reset is complete, launch the HBO Max app and check if the loading issue has been resolved.
Also Read: Can You Get HBO Max on Your Xbox One?
Method 9: Reinstall HBO Max App
One of the last solutions to resolve HBO Max stuck on loading screen issue is by reinstalling the app itself. This method helps in fixing all the minor errors and glitches with the working of the app.
1. Navigate to the HBO Max app from the app drawer of your device.
2. Next, long press on the HBO Max app icon.
3. Now, select Uninstall from the list of options available.
4. Finally, tap on Uninstall to continue the process.
5. Once done, head to the Play Store application.
6. Search HBO Max in the search bar.
7. Tap on the Install button beside the HBO Max logo.
Method 10: Contact HBO Max Support
Finally, the last resort to fix HBO Max stuck on loading screen is by contacting professionals for help regarding the issue. Try contacting HBO Max Support team and report the problem to them to get a working solution to resolve the problem of the loading screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why is it hard to load the HBO Max app?
Ans. The HBO Max app is hard to load due to the app’s cache. You can try clearing its cache to make the app work again.
Q2. How can I force restart the HBO Max app?
Ans. You can force restart the HBO Max app by turning off your device and then streaming the app on it.
Q3. Why is the HBO Max app difficult to load?
Ans. HBO Max can be difficult to load due to corrupt cache data, server outages, or low device memory.
Q4. What does clearing the HBO Max cache mean?
Ans. Clearing the cache of HBO Max means fixing its playback issues and helping the app to run smoother.
Q5. Is clearing the app cache good?
Ans. Yes, clearing the app cache is good as it helps to increase the device storage and also enhance the performance of the app.
We hope that our doc on HBO Max stuck on loading screen was informative enough and helped you with different methods that you can attempt to fix this unwanted issue. Let us know about your thoughts and leave your queries or suggestions in the comments section below, if you have any.