1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on Face ID & Passcode.
3. Enter your passcode if prompted.
4. Scroll down and tap on the toggle next to “Allow Access When Locked”.
5. Tap on “Lock Screen Shortcut”.
6. Select the app or action you want to use as your lock screen shortcut.
7. Tap on “Done” to save your changes.
Now, when you wake up your device, you’ll see the shortcut icon on the bottom left corner of the lock screen. Tap on it to quickly access the app or action you selected.
Apple’s iOS 16.4 update has come up with various features like voice isolation for calls, new emojis, security updates, automation features, and more. Besides that, various new shortcuts have also been added, one of them being the iPhone lock screen shortcut. With this option, users could lock their devices and have the Always-on Display visible through automation. To gain insights on how to use new lock screen shortcut in iOS 16.4, keep reading this article until the end.
How to Use New Lock Screen Shortcut in iOS 16.4
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to use the new lock shortcut in iOS 16.4 in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How to Use New Lock Screen Shortcut in iOS 16.4?
To make yourself familiar with how you can use the new lock shortcut in iOS 16.4, read the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
2. After that, tap on the plus (+) icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Then, tap on the Add Action option.
4. Then, in the search bar located at the top of the screen, type Lock Screen.
5. Now, tap on the Lock Screen option from the search result.
6. Following this, tap on the down arrow located at the top of the screen to use new lock screen shortcut in iOS 16.4.
7. Then, tap on Rename from the drop-down menu and enter the shortcut name, like Lock My Screen.
8. Now, tap on the down arrow again located next to the shortcut name.
9. Then, tap on the Choose Icon option from the drop-down menu.
Note: This option helps users to customize the icon with a variety of symbols and colors.
10. After this, tap on the Done option from the upper right corner.
11. If you wish to make a Home Screen button, tap on the Share icon > Add to Home Screen option from the given options.
Also Read: How to Put App Back on Home Screen on iPhone
How to Delete iPhone Lock Screen Shortcut in iOS 16.4?
If you do not want to use the iPhone Lock Screen shortcut, you can delete it. To make yourself aware of how you can delete the iPhone lock screen shortcut, perform the given steps:
1. Launch the Shortcuts app.
2. Now, press and hold the Lock Screen shortcut and tap on the Delete option from the popup menu.
This wraps our article on how to use new lock screen shortcut in iOS 16.4. We hope after reading our guide, you were able to learn about iPhone lock screen shortcut comprehensively. You can reach out to us with your suggestions and queries via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to gain insights on in our next article.
How to Use New Lock Screen Shortcut in iOS 16.4
iOS 16.4 has introduced a new lock screen shortcut that makes it easier to access your device’s settings and features. This new shortcut is located on the bottom right corner of the lock screen and can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Here’s how to use the new lock screen shortcut in iOS 16.4.
Step 1: Access the Lock Screen Shortcut
To access the lock screen shortcut, simply swipe up from the bottom of the lock screen. This will bring up the shortcut menu, which includes options for accessing your device’s settings, controlling music playback, and more.
Step 2: Select Your Desired Option
Once you have accessed the lock screen shortcut, you can select the option you want to use. For example, if you want to access your device’s settings, you can select the “Settings” option. If you want to control music playback, you can select the “Music” option.
Step 3: Use the Selected Option
Once you have selected the option you want to use, you can use it as you normally would. For example, if you selected the “Settings” option, you can access your device’s settings and make any changes you need to. If you selected the “Music” option, you can control music playback from the lock screen.
Step 4: Exit the Lock Screen Shortcut
Once you have finished using the lock screen shortcut, you can exit it by swiping down from the top of the screen. This will take you back to the lock screen, where you can access your device as normal.
The new lock screen shortcut in iOS 16.4 makes it easier to access your device’s settings and features. With just a few simple steps, you can quickly access the shortcut and use it to control music playback or access your device’s settings. Give it a try and see how it can make your life easier!