Instagram has become a major social media platform today. People are building careers out of it and are also carrying on their businesses. However, many people use it just for entertainment and for connecting with people around the world. DMs, however, can become a headache for people in business and general. Sometimes, you would like to ignore a few people but read their messages without them knowing. Here, we bring a helpful guide that will teach you how to unread messages on Instagram private account. Read till the end to read unread Instagram messages, i.e., without read receipt.
How to Unread Messages on Instagram Private Account
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to unread messages on Instagram private account in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can I Unread Messages on Instagram?
Yes, you can unread messages on IG only if you have a business or creator account. The Mark as Unread option is available only for creator and business accounts. This option is yet to be released for private accounts or desktop Instagram users.
Why Can’t I Unread Messages on Instagram?
This is simply because you don’t have a business or creator account. To unread messages on IG, you can turn your private account into a business account, but it will make your profile visible to everyone.
How to Unread Messages on Instagram?
Follow these steps to unread Instagram messages:
Note: You can follow these steps only on the creator or business account.
1. Open the Instagram application on your Android or iOS devices.
2. Tap on the Messenger icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap and hold the desired chat you want to mark as unread.
4. Then, tap on Mark as unread.
Now, the conversation will be marked as unread.
Also Read: How to Reply to a Particular Message on Instagram
How to Unread Messages on Instagram Private Account?
You cannot unread messages on a private IG account, as no option is available. You need to have a business or creator account. To switch your personal (Private) account to business account, follow the below steps:
1. Open Instagram on your smartphone.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
4. Tap on Settings.
5. Tap on Account.
6. Tap on the Switch account type option.
7. Tap on Switch to business account.
8. Now, tap on Switch from the confirmation pop-up.
9. Then, navigate to the desired chat and tap and hold it to select the Mark as unread option.
Also Read: How to Mark a Text Message as Unread on iPhone
How to Unread Messages on Instagram Android?
To unread messages on IG Android, you need to have a business or creator account. Read and follow the steps mentioned above to do so.
How to Unread Messages on Instagram on iPhone?
To unread messages on IG on iPhone, follow the same steps as for Android.
How to Unread Messages on Instagram Web? How to Unread Instagram Messages on web?
There is no option available to unread messages on the IG website.
How to Unread Messages on Instagram New Update?
To unread messages on IG new update, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Instagram app on your device.
2. Navigate to the DM section.
3. Swipe the conversation from right to left.
4. Then, tap on Unread.
Also Read: How to Know If Someone Read Your Message on Instagram
How to Read Unread Messages on Instagram? How to Read Unread Instagram Messages?
If you want to read unread Instagram messages without the other person knowing, read our guide on How to Read Instagram Messages Without Being Seen and implement the same.
Apart from the method in the above-mentioned article, you can also try the following ones:
- You will get an Instagram push notification when you receive a direct message. Do not tap on it., but read it from the notification panel.
- You can use a third-party tool like DMpro.
We hope that this guide was helpful and you learned how to unread messages on Instagram private account. You can drop your queries and topic suggestions for future articles in the comments section below.