Minecraft is a sandbox game that was released in 2011 and has surpassed many games in popularity since then. It is a kid and adult-friendly game, making it perfect for players of all ages. It is also one of the most searched games on the internet. This huge popularity behind Minecraft comes from the fact that it allows players to create and break various kinds of blocks in three-dimensional worlds. Minecraft presents a world of exploration to players. However, even after being an age-appropriate and peaceful game, Minecraft is not safe from the eyes of unwanted players, trolls, cheaters, and users who don’t follow game rules. Banning such people is the only sigh of relief in such a case. But if you have blocked someone for too long now and want to give them another chance, this guide on how to unban players in Minecraft will help you a lot. In the doc, along with exploring how to unban people on Minecraft, we will be discussing banning in general, in what ways you can unban players from your account, how to view the ban list, etc. So, without delaying any further, let’s get started with unbanning people in Minecraft.
How to Unban Players in Minecraft
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to unban players in Minecraft in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How to Unban Players in Minecraft?
Players can enjoy Minecraft on multiple devices like Windows PC, Mac, Linux, mobile devices, tablets, Xbox series, PlayStation, Nintendo, and others. If you have banned someone on any of the devices, you can unban them either by using the in-game admin commands with the username or the IP of the player. Let us look at both of these methods in detail below:
Method 1: Using Username
The first method to unban people on Minecraft involves using the username of the banned player. Let’s see how to unban a player using the pardon in-game command:
1. Go to the Minecraft server console.
2. Enter the following command with the username of the banned player and execute the command.
Note: Enter the desired username of the Minecraft player who you want to ban. For example: /pardon techcult
Method 2: Using IP Address
The next method to unban players in Minecraft involves using their IP. This process involves entering the person’s IP in the command. You can follow the steps below for detailed instructions:
1. Navigate to the Minecraft server console.
2. Then, enter the following command with the IP address of the banned player and execute it.
/pardon-ip IP Address
Note: For example, /pardon-ip 22.214.171.124
Also Read: How to Get Unbanned from Tinder
How to Unban People on Minecraft?
Unbanning people on Minecraft using their usernames or IP addresses is an easy task. Read and follow any of the desired methods mentioned above to unban people on Minecraft.
What is Banning in Minecraft and Its Types?
Now that you are aware of how to unban someone on Minecraft Xbox One, it is time to know in detail about banning Minecraft. Banning in Minecraft is done to exclude the player from the game when they either cheat, troll, do not follow Minecraft rules, or are an unwanted player on the server. You can either ban a person by using their username or with their IP.
Let us look at these two types of bans in detail:
- Player Ban: The player ban is done by using the player’s username in Minecraft. This type of ban stops the player from joining the server again until or unless they change their account. The command used under this type is, /banlist player.
- IP Ban: IP ban involves using the Minecraft Player’s IP address to block someone from the network connection. Making a new account does not help a person from getting unbanned if they are still using their banned IP address. The command used under this type is /banlist ips.
How to View Ban List in Minecraft?
Knowing how to unban someone on Minecraft Xbox One is not enough. You must also know which user to unban if you have banned multiple Minecraft players. And for that, you must open the ban list. If you don’t know how to view the ban list in Minecraft, then you can take the help of the following mentioned points:
- Player Bans: If you have banned someone in Minecraft by their username, you would need to view the player ban list from the console. In the case of the control panel console command, enter banlist players. In the case of the game admin command if you are in the game with OP, enter /banlist players.
- IP Bans: The IP ban list comes in handy if you have banned a player using their IP address. In the case of the control panel console command, enter banlist ips, and in the case of the game admin command, enter /banlist ips.
Also Read: How to Unban PSN Account
How to Ban a Player or IP?
Along with knowing how to unban people on Minecraft, you must also be aware of banning a player or IP in case of unwanted behavior or situation. You can use different commands to ban a player from your server.
- Command for banning player with username: This command is for users who want to ban a player by their Minecraft username. This prevents the banned user from using their account to connect to your server. Providing a reason along with the command is optional in this case. Enter /ban <username> [reason], for example, /ban Steve griefing.
- Command for banning player with IP address: This command help players ban Minecraft user by their IP. It prevents the banned person from connecting to your server from the same IP address. Providing a reason for the ban is optional. Enter /ban-ip <IP Address> [reason], for example, /ban-ip 126.96.36.199 hacking.
What are the Commands to Ban Players in Minecraft?
To ban players from different devices, you can use the following commands in Minecraft:
- In-Game Admin Command: /ban [player name]
- Control Panel Console Command: ban [player name]
- In-Game Admin Command using IP: /ban-ip [IP address]
- Control Panel Console Command using IP: ban-ip [IP address]
What are the Commands to Unban Players in Minecraft?
To unban players from different devices, you can use the following commands in Minecraft:
- In-Game Admin Command: /pardon [player name]
- Control Panel Console Command: pardon [player name]
- In-Game Admin Command using IP: /pardon-ip [IP address]
- Control Panel Console Command using IP: pardon-ip [IP address]
Also Read: 27 Best Free Modded Minecraft Server Hosting Websites
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I unban people from servers?
Ans. Yes, you can unban people from servers.
Q2. Can I use the in-game console to unban people?
Ans. Yes, you can use the in-game console to unban people if you are the admin or the server OP.
Q3. What is an unban request?
Ans. An unban request is an appeal that you can make to lift your ban by sending a one-time unban request from the chat column.
Q4. Is a server ban permanent?
Ans. If a server ban is given at the discretion of the server’s admin team, the ban could be lifted at any time. However, a server ban is permanent if you have been given a platform ban.
Q5. How long does a server ban last?
Ans. A server ban is permanent until a moderator unbans the user.
We hope that you learned how to unban players in Minecraft. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.