AirPlay is a great feature that allows you to stream audio and video from your iPhone to other devices. However, there may be times when you want to turn off AirPlay on your iPhone. This tutorial will show you how to turn off AirPlay on your iPhone so that you can stop streaming audio and video to other devices.
How to Turn Off AirPlay on iPhone
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap AirPlay & Handoff.
3. Toggle the AirPlay switch to the off position.
4. Tap Done to save your changes.
Apple introduced AirPlay to enhance its users’ content sharing ability. Unlike Apple’s infamous habit of minimal external involvement, It is supported and utilized by multiple world-class brands. Though it is a powerful tool, it has complications that might leave you desperately wanting to know how to turn off AirPlay? If you are a new iPhone user or are unfamiliar with AirPlay, it would not be easy to find the settings for this feature. We bring you a helpful and easy-to-understand guide on how to turn on as well as turn off this feature.
How to Turn Off AirPlay on iPhone
The AirPlay feature does not need to be downloaded from App Store as it is located in the iPhone Settings. Keep reading further to find where it is exactly located and how can you turn it off.
What is AirPlay on iPhone?
AirPlay is audio-video streaming and sharing technology. Enabled by Wi-Fi, it allows screen mirroring and streaming of multimedia from an iPhone to another supported receiver. This wireless service is similar to that of Chromecast. Its uses consist of streaming music, podcasts, and movies to mirror iPhone to bigger screens for a flawless experience.
Where is AirPlay on My Phone? Where is AirPlay in Settings on iPhone?
AirPlay can be located in the Control Center of an iPhone. These settings are found in the General Settings of your iPhone. Keep reading further to learn more about it.
How Do I Disable AirPlay? How to Turn Off Airplay on iPhone 11, 12, or 13?
Have you switched to an iPhone powered by the latest OS versions or updated your iPhone and now wondering how to turn off AirPlay settings? It was easier to tweak these settings in the earlier OS versions, but you need not worry. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the Control Center by swiping down from the top right corner of the screen.
Note: You can also access the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of your screen on iPhone 8 or earlier models.
2. Tap on the Screen Mirroring icon, as shown.
3. Now, tap on the Stop Mirroring option in the pop-up.
Also Read: How to Disable Pop-ups on Safari on iPhone
How Do I Hide AirPlay Devices?
There is no specific option to hide an AirPlay device, but you can prevent strangers from connecting to your AirPlay device using some methods. While one method works for some, for others, it doesn’t. Try the methods given below to find out which works for you.
Option I: Apple TV Remote App
1. Open the Apple TV Remote app.
2. Open the Devices menu.
3. Tap on Edit, as shown.
4. Tap on the Red circle adjacent to the device you wish to remove.
5. Then, tap on Unpair.
Option II: Apple TV AirPlay Settings
1. Open Settings on your device.
2. Choose AirPlay and HomeKit.
3. Select Allow Access to open a drop-down.
4. Choose Anyone on the Same Network.
Note: Also, turn on Require Password to tighten security.
How Do I Find My AirPlay Settings?
This is a common issue nowadays. Many Apple users fail to find the AirPlay settings on their iPhones. Take a look at the guide underneath to find the said settings:
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on General.
3. Tap on AirPlay & Handoff.
Also Read: How to Make Find My iPhone Say No Location Found
How Do I Change My AirPlay Settings?
On one side of the coin, Apple has provided separate settings for its AirPlay feature on iPhone. However, these are the only settings available for this feature in an iPhone on the flip. The wait for optimized settings continues. To change these settings, do as follows:
1. Open iPhone Settings.
2. Tap on General and then followed by AirPlay & Handoff.
3. Tap on Automatically AirPlay to TVs, as shown below.
4. From this menu, choose what you’d like to do.
Why Does AirPlay Keep Popping Up?
It pops up continuously on your Apple TV because of the conference room display mode in your settings, designed to flash instructions on your screen while in a commercial setting.
How Do I Get AirPlay Off My Lock Screen?
When an iPhone is connected to another device via AirPlay, a playback control widget pops up on the lock screen of the iPhone. Its wide size is reported to have been the cause of accidental touches, resulting in interrupted streaming. As expected, Apple did not deliver a straightforward way to disable it, but we present an unorthodox way of getting rid of the widget:
1. On the media widget on your iPhone’s lock screen, tap on the AirPlay icon adjacent to the name of the media currently playing.
2. Tap on Control Other Speakers & TVs.
3. On top of the follow-up menu, tap on iPhone.
4. Press the ON/OFF/wake button to put your iPhone to sleep.
5. Turn the screen back on to find the widget vanished.
Also Read: How to Disable Split Screen in Safari
How to Turn On AirPlay on iPhone, iPad, or Mac?
Throughout its recent iOS and macOS upgrades, Apple has modified its AirPlay outlook. Still, its attempt to refine the experience created a fuss without any elementary settings. Follow the below guide to enable this feature on your iOS and macOS devices:
Option I: On iPhone and iPad
1. Connect your device and the desired AirPlay receiver to the same network.
2. Swipe down from the top right corner of your screen to open the Control Center for iPhone X or above models and iPadOS 13 or above.
Note: For iPhone 8 or lower and iPadOS11 or earlier models, swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
3. Tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Choose the AirPlay-enabled device from the list you wish to connect.
Note: If a password flashes on your receiving device, enter it on the source device.
Option II: On Mac
1. Click on the Apple icon at the top left corner of your screen.
2. From the drop-down, select System Preferences…
3. Click on the Display tab.
4. Click on the AirPlay Display menu to expand and choose the desired device you want to connect.
Note: If a passcode window pops up, enter the passcode to start streaming.
We hope that you learned about how to turn off AirPlay on your iPhone. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.
How to Turn Off AirPlay on iPhone
AirPlay is a great feature that allows you to wirelessly stream audio and video from your iPhone to other devices. However, if you don’t want to use AirPlay, you can easily turn it off. Here’s how to do it.
Turning Off AirPlay on iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap AirPlay & Handoff.
- Tap the switch next to AirPlay to turn it off.
That’s it! AirPlay is now turned off on your iPhone. You can turn it back on at any time by following the same steps and tapping the switch to turn it on.