When it comes to transferring your favorite photos or transferring some important data from your mobile to your PC or vice versa, there are many methods to do so. Sometimes you have to transfer your data or photos from your mobile to your PC to free up some storage in your mobile, as mobile phones come with a limited storage capacity. So, to free up your storage in your mobile you tend to transfer your files to your laptop or PC. And transferring your files to your PC or laptop also makes sure the safe keeping of your files as mobile phones usually get formatted or you might lose your data due to any possible means, therefore, transferring your files to your PC doesn’t seem a bad idea at all. And if you are using a Nexus 5x phone, then this tutorial will assist you on how to connect Nexus 5x to PC, how to transfer photos from Nexus 5x to PC, and more. But first, let’s learn how to connect your Nexus 5x to a PC.
How to Transfer Photos from Nexus 5x to PC
You might want to safe keep the precious moments that you captured and saving a copy of those moments on your PC doesn’t seem a bad idea at all. So, to transfer your photos from your Nexus 5x to a PC just follow these simple steps:
First, connect your Nexus 5x to your PC using a USB cable, to do that, the steps are mentioned above.
1. Open Nexus 5x under the File Explorer on your PC.
2. Then, open Internal Storage.
3. Now, open the DCIM folder.
4. Now, Open Camera folder.
5. Select the photos you want to transfer and Copy.
6. Go to the folder where you want to keep the photos and Paste them.
There you go! You have learned how to transfer photos from your Nexus 5x to PC, just follow these six simple steps and you will be able to transfer your precious pictures and save them in your PC.
Also Read: Fix Android USB File Transfer Not Working in Windows 10
How to Connect Nexus 5x to PC
To connect your Nexus 5x to your PC, you will need to have a USB cable that comes along with your Nexus 5x. To start transferring your files to and from your PC follow these below-mentioned steps:
Option I: Through USB Cable
1. Plug one end of the cable into your PC and the other end into your Nexus 5x.
Note: If you are using a MacOS device, you will need to download and install Android File Transfer.
2. Then, a menu will appear on the notification section of your Nexus 5x. Swipe down your notification area and tap on USB for file transfer.
3. Select File Transfers.
4. Finally, you will see an option as Nexus 5x in your File Explorer on your PC, which will signify that you have successfully connected your Nexus 5x to your PC.
Option II: Through Bluetooth
Use this method only when you want to transfer small-size files and less number of files, as transferring files using Bluetooth can be slower in comparison to transferring files through a USB cable. Follow these steps to connect your Nexus 5x to your PC through Bluetooth:
1. Open Settings on your Nexus 5x.
2. Search for the Bluetooth option and open it.
3. Ensure that it is turned On and make sure your device is discoverable/visible.
4. Now, go to your Start Menu on your Windows PC and type Bluetooth and other devices settings. Then, click on Open.
5. Turn On the Bluetooth button.
6. Select your Nexus 5x from the available devices, then connect and pair it.
Also Read: Fix Bluetooth Driver Error in Windows 10
How to Transfer Files from Nexus 5x to PC
To transfer your files from Nexus 5x to your PC or laptop, first, you will need to connect your Nexus 5x through a USB cable or Bluetooth, and to do that just follow the above-mentioned steps. After successful connection follow these few steps to transfer files from Nexus 5x to PC:
Option I: Through USB Cable
1. Open Nexus 5x which will appear under File Explorer on your PC.
2. Then, Open Internal Storage that contains all the files in your Nexus 5x
3. Select the folder or files you want to transfer from your Nexus 5x, Copy the selected items and Paste it wherever you want to keep them on your PC.
Option II: Through Bluetooth
1. Once connected through Bluetooth, go to the Start Menu on your Windows PC and type Bluetooth and other devices settings. Then, click on Open.
2. Scroll down and search for Send or receive files via Bluetooth and open it. Select Receive files.
3. Now, select the files on your Nexus 5x that you want to transfer and tap on the Share option.
4. Select the Bluetooth option.
5. An available devices list will appear, select your PC from the list.
Now, your files will be transferred to your PC, but transferring files using a USB cable is preferable over Bluetooth, as transferring via Bluetooth can be a lot slower compared to the other.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Does Nexus 5x still get updates?
Ans. Yes, Nexus 5x still get updates, however, it is old but is still supported.
Q2. What is the internal storage available on Nexus 5x?
Ans. The Nexus 5x comes with 16Gb and 32Gb variants along with 2Gb of RAM. Nexus 5x doesn’t have an SD card slot.
Q3. What is the type of SIM supported on Nexus 5x?
Ans. Nexus 5x comes as a single SIM variant and supports a Nano-SIM.
Q4. How can I update my Nexus 5x to Android 10?
Ans. The Android 10 update is not yet available for the Nexus 5x. However to check for updates, you can open Settings, then go to System > Advanced and check System Update feature.
So, if you own a Nexus 5x phone and were searching for ways to connect your Nexus 5x to your computer and transfer your photos or any other media, then after reading this article on how to transfer photos from Nexus 5x to PC you must have got the answer. If you have any queries or suggestions, you can always leave a comment down below.