Every year, billions of individuals use the well-known social media platform Instagram. Every second, a new account is added. Instagram is a great social media platform used by many people globally. However, at times you may want to know how to track an Instagram account location or find the location of an Instagram user or track their activities. If you are someone looking for more information on how to track an Instagram account, we will show you how to do it and resolve all your doubts and queries.
How to Track an Instagram Account Location
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to track an Instagram account location and find the location of an Instagram user in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can You Find Out Who Owns an Instagram Account?
No, there is no definite way to determine who owns the account with over 1.2 billion monthly active users on Instagram. Unfortunately, there are many Instagram accounts on the platform. When creating their profile, users can choose any name and username they want for their account, which makes it easy to create a fake account. That is why there is no definitive way to find out who owns an Instagram account. However, there are certain methods that you will get to know as you continue reading the article till the end.
Can You Track the IP Address of a Deleted Instagram Account? Can You Trace an Instagram Account?
No, there is no way that you can track the details of a deleted IG account. If you are a government agency you can request from Meta (which is Instagram’s parent company) but getting information is not so sure thing. Even if you did manage to trace that location, you will face a lot of problems as you have to search a whole building, with thousands of devices, which takes lots of time. It is expensive too and usually requires a court order with proof. However, you can trace a live Instagram account. For more information, you have to go through the entire article to understand how to track an Instagram account location.
People have their reason for tracking down someone’s location on Instagram, we don’t want to discuss the behavior, and we only focus on how to track an Instagram account location. There are ways to trace someone’s location.
Method 1: Check Location of Posts
Instagram offers a useful built-in location search feature that allows user to put their location on photos and stories when they post on their Instagram accounts for free. You can see many posts have a location option where the user gets to display the location on their pic and stories. You can use this option if you make the following simple steps:
Note: This method is for public accounts. If you want to view a private Instagram account, you have to send a follow request and wait to be approved.
2. Tap on the search tab from the bottom bar.
3. Enter the desired username of the account whose location you want to know.
4. Tap on their latest uploaded photos and you can see their location under their username.
So it’s quite easy to track the location of someone’s Instagram account by checking their recent posts and stories updates.
Also Read: How to Track Someone on Google Maps Without Them Knowing
Method 2: Use Third-Party Apps
Many third-party tools allow you to track down someone’s location on Instagram in the market. Some of them will ask for human verification and survey. Here are some steps that you need to follow if you want to know how to get an IP address from your Instagram account.
Note: For demonstration, we have used an IP Logger tool.
1. Launch the Instagram app on your device.
2. Go to the desired profile of the Instagram user whose IP you want to know. Then, tap on the three-dotted icon next to their username.
3. Tap on Copy profile URL.
4. Go to IP Logger or similar websites.
5. Paste the link into the bar and tap on Create a shortlink. After that, there will be a new link generated.
Send the link to the person whose location you want to know, and it would be wise to tell them that you want them to see a great picture on this link. When they click on it, refresh the page in the logger websites you used and you will get the IP address of that Instagram user.
Note: You might need to switch on the hide bots option to get their only real IP.
With these simple steps, you know how to get an IP address from your Instagram account.
Can You Search Instagram by Phone Number?
Yes, all of you must be aware of the fact that we can find friends on Instagram through the search bar by just typing their usernames. But, what if you don’t know the person’s username? It is quite difficult to find a person on Instagram without knowing their name.
Most of us don’t know that Instagram also allows us to search for our friends through the medium of the phone number. But the search will be successful only if the person’s account is connected with the number. Do you wonder how?
Below are a few steps to search for an IG user by phone number.
1. Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the hamburger icon from the right corner.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Now, select Account.
4. Tap on Contact syncing.
5. Turn on the toggle for the Connect contacts option.
6. Close the app and then go to Settings again as explained above.
7. Now, open Instagram and tap on the Discover people icon from your profile screen.
8. Here you can see the people who have synced their accounts to the numbers that you have in your contacts.
Read this article from the start to learn how to find the location of an Instagram user.
Many times someone we know might be using a burner account just to be updated with what we are doing on Instagram. Wouldn’t it be nice to know who the owner of the Instagram Account is? Read our guide on How to Get Someone’s Phone Number from Instagram to know about the process in detail.
Also Read: How to Add Location to Instagram Bio
How to Track Instagram Account Owners?
When you want to find out who created or owns an Instagram account, there are a few methods you can use. Below listed are the methods that you can try to know about Instagram account owners.
- Directly asking them or browsing through their profile for clues, using the account’s email address or phone number to try to find out who is the owner.
- By using the people search engines. You can know about the person you are looking for. Read our guide on Top 10 Best People Search Websites to find out about the person you are looking for.
- Use other social media websites to know about them. As it so happens that sometimes people change their name over Instagram. So searching on other social media websites might help you in knowing about that person.
- By using the reverse image search. This will give you a hint regarding the person’s profile as to who he or she is. You can read our guide on How to Reverse Image Search on Instagram to know more.
We hope that you learned about how to track an Instagram account location and find the location of an Instagram user. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.