Facebook is a social media platform where you can share pictures, videos, and articles and connect with family and friends. Facebook has been around since 2004, and almost everyone you know has a Facebook profile, but the internet is a pandora’s box full of both good and bad. A platform for connecting with people has become a tool for stalking others, peeping into their private lives, or misusing their data. It is easy to stalk a person and keep an eye on every move they make. If you are wondering who viewed my Facebook profile recently, you are at the right place. We bring you a perfect guide that will help you find out how to see who is stalking your Facebook profile.
How to See Who Viewed My Facebook Profile Recently
While due to its official policy, Facebook does not offer a way to see who viewed your profile for web and android users, but that does not mean there is no way to see who viewed your profile.
Can I See Who Viewed my Facebook Profile?
Yes, you can see who viewed your Facebook profile. There are ways to see who viewed your profile on mobile and on your PC.
How To See Who Is Stalking Your Facebook Profile? Is There Any Possible Way?
A few years ago, the premium iOS Facebook app for iPhone users offered the opportunity to users to find out who visited their page and viewed the recent posts in the past 30 days. However, this function has been suspended.
The bottom line is, although there are no direct or indirect ways for how to know who stalks you on Facebook using phone and with the help of which to connect with the profile of a person who might have visited the profile of a user once or more, there are some indirect techniques that can help users play with probabilities and wild guesses about who is stalking their Facebook profile. One may use these methods to find out who stalks you on Facebook using a phone.
- Monitoring recently uploaded stories – Facebook added the story feature for users in 2017. The purpose of a story is to provide a temporary means for users to keep themselves and their friends entertained and engaged without posting anything on the feed. A story is a tab where a user can publish anything for a time limit of 24 hours prior to which it disappears automatically. One can check the story he/she uploaded to know who all visited the profile and viewed the story. Though it might not be the most accurate way to represent a belief, it can still give a rough idea to the user in reference to can I see who viewed my Facebook profile?
- Checking on new likes and comments– Facebook notifies the user when one gets a like or comment on a new or old post. Click on the bell icon at the top right corner. A person’s profile who just liked or commented on a post of yours is visible, and this could indicate who just viewed your profile on Facebook.
- Friend Requests– It might be a sign that the person was on your profile a while ago or so if you receive any friend requests from a stranger and they are not directly or indirectly connected to you.
Also Read: How to See Your Liked Posts on Facebook App
How to Know Who Stalks You on Facebook using Third-party App
One way to find out who is stalking your Facebook profile is by linking third-party apps to your Facebook account. There are many apps available on Google Play Store to see who is stalking your Facebook profile, out of the many apps we tried Who Viewed My Profile?
Note: While there are many third-party apps that you can use to see who is viewing your profile, Facebook supports none of them. Facebook does not want third-party apps to access your data for security purposes. If they can scrape data about who viewed your profile, they can scrape a lot more. They will harvest your data and sell it to a third party. So, to protect your data, Facebook urges you to not use such apps and report them as soon as possible.
Note: This method may or may not work for you.
To Check who viewed your Facebook profile
1. Launch Google Play Store on your phone.
2. In the Search bar, search Who Viewed My Profile? app.
3. Click on Install.
2. Tap on Login with Facebook. Enter your email or phone number and password.
3. After logging into your Facebook account, you will see a list of people who recently viewed your account.
With Who Viewed My Profile? you can even see how many times a person viewed your profile.
Also Read: How to See Archived Messages on Facebook Messenger
How to See Who is Stalking your Facebook Profile
With this method, users can see who is stalking your Facebook profile frequently. You can use this on any browser on your PC, but it does not work on the Facebook app. So, to find out who is stalking your account you have to follow the steps below:
Note: This method may or may not work.
1. Open Facebook on your PC and log into your account.
2. Open your Facebook profile or timeline and right-click.
3. Once the menu pops up, select view page source.
4. Page source will open up. Press CTRL+F and the search bar will open up.
5. Search for BUDDY_ID.
Once you search for BUDDY_ID you will find countless 15-digit numbers next to these BUDDY_ID. These are the profile IDs of your friends who have visited your profile frequently.
Note: Remember to stay logged into your Facebook account.
6. Copy the 15 digit number next to BUDDY_ID and paste it next to facebook.com/(15 digit number) and press Enter key.
Now you can see the Facebook profile of the person who frequently stalks your profile. But this method will only allow you to see the profile IDs of the people who are on your friend list. People who are not on your list and are stalking your profile cannot be found with this method.
Also Read: How to Delete Someone Else’s Facebook Account
Why Doesn’t Facebook Lets You See Who Stalks your Profile?
To protect user privacy, Facebook has implemented a range of features and policies. Users can customize their privacy settings to control who sees their content and activity on the site and can use tools to report and block other users who may be violating their privacy. These include settings like turning off the friends tracking feature, deleting photos, and blocking people on Messenger. While there is no specific setting for determining who has blocked you on Facebook, there are ways to find this information with a little bit of work. You are not able to see this information because:
- Facebook has implemented measures to secure user data and prevent unauthorized access to it. These efforts are intended to make users feel safe and secure while using the platform.
- There is no official way to see who has viewed your Facebook Profile because it could potentially violate user privacy. Most importantly, it lead to a decrease in the use of the site, which could negatively impact Facebook’s revenue.
- If people knew that their activity on the site was being monitored, they may be less likely to use it, especially if they are looking up content or people that they do not want others to know about.
- Allowing users to see who has viewed their Profile could lead to negative publicity for Facebook if it were discovered that non-friends were able to view a user’s page. It may lead Facebook towards potential legal issues.
- If a user were to claim that someone with a restraining order against them was able to view their content on the site, they may be inclined to sue Facebook. In order to prevent this type of situation, Facebook chooses to keep this information private.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I see Who Viewed My Facebook Profile Recently?
Ans: No, however, there are methods that you can use to know who viewed your Facebook profile.
Q2. Can I See Who Is Stalking Me at Facebook Using Facebook?
Ans: No. It is not possible to know if someone is stalking you on Facebook by using their app or website. As there is no official way.
Q3. Is it illegal To Know Who is Stalking Me on Facebook?
Ans: No, it is not illegal. But yes, Facebook forbids this. They also ask their users to report any app or website which claims to do so. In more layman’s terms, you will not get into jail if you use those apps. But they are not authorized by Facebook.
Q4. Can I Use Any Third-Party App to Know Who is Stalking Me on Facebook?
Ans: Yes, you can use it. However, this is not recommended. As you have to share your Facebook profile with them. So, it is up to you if you want to use any third-party app or not. But yes, they are relatively easy to use than other methods discussed here.
With, both methods we were able to see who viewed my profile recently and the results were similar. Unlike the web method, we were able to find out people who were not our friends and were frequently visiting our profile. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to find out who viewed my Facebook profile recently. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.