Snapchat has become one of the most popular social media platforms in the new mainstream era. More than 500 million active people utilize it each month across the globe. Snapchat is an excellent tool for social media masters because of its lovely filter choices and unique features. You may use several tools and filters to take stunning images with only one tap on the screen. A Snapchat account must be created, along with your phone number and personal details. Snapchat does not allow users to delete their phone numbers or other contact information immediately. According to the Snapchat support center, the only way to remove a phone number from Snapchat is by deactivating your account. There are three ways to delete numbers from your Snapchat account, according to the help center. Let’s examine the method. Read more to find out how to remove phone number from Snapchat and how to change the phone number linked to Snapchat.
How to Remove Phone Number from Snapchat
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to remove phone number from Snapchat in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can You Snapchat without Phone Number?
Yes. Before using Snapchat, you must first set up an account. For account security, you should enter and verify your phone number. Choose to sign up via email if you’d prefer not to use your phone number. First and foremost, you can relax knowing that your phone number will be secure because Snapchat does not divulge your personal information to a third party. Therefore, even if you register for a Snapchat account using your phone number, no one else will be able to see it. Read more to know how to remove phone number from Snapchat.
Is Snapchat Linked to Your Phone Number?
Yes. Only if you start your account with your number. For added security, you can use two-factor authentication to confirm that you are the one logging into your Snapchat account. This contributes to the security of your account. Snap may send you SMS messages with updates about its services and products, information about your account (such as notifications about suspected account activity, unread Snap/Chats, pending friend requests, and more), and other helpful information. You can opt not to have your phone number discoverable. Turn off Let others find me using my mobile number under the Mobile Number options. Choose to sign up via email if you’d prefer not to use your phone number.
Why Do I Keep Getting Added by Phone number on Snapchat?
It indicates that your phone number and Snapchat account are synced. Therefore, if someone has your phone number in his address book, he will be able to add you directly when importing his contacts, and this will appear as added by phone number.
How to Delete a Phone Number from Snapchat? How Do You Get Your Number Off of Snapchat?
Sadly, at the moment, Snapchat does not offer a direct delete option for user contact information, including phone numbers. The Snapchat support page claims that deleting your account is the only way to delete a phone number from Snapchat.
There are three ways to remove numbers from your account in the Snapchat help center. Let’s learn how to execute that. Read more to know how to Delete a Phone Number from Snapchat;
Method 1: Hide Snapchat Phone Number
On Snapchat, you can look up people by their phone numbers. You can conceal your phone number if you don’t want anyone to know it.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Tap on the Profile icon from the top left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner of the screen.
4. Tap on Mobile Number.
5. Uncheck the checkbox for the Let others find me using my mobile number option.
Also Read: How to Change Phone Number on Yahoo Mail
Method 2: Replace Current Number with New One
1. Launch the Snapchat app on your device.
2. Tap on the Profile icon from the top left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Settings icon > Mobile Number option.
4. Remove the current phone number and add any other desired phone number you don’t frequently use.
5. Tap on VERIFY to receive a verification code on your new phone number via Call or Text Message.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions to add the new number.
Method 3: Create New Snapchat Account with Old Phone Number
You must register a new, secondary account with the same, old phone number in order to remove it from your primary Snapchat account. Follow these instructions to do this.
Note: Please be aware that entering your phone number during signup is required rather than your Email Address.
1. Open the Snapchat app.
2. Sign out from the current Snapchat account.
3. Now, the Log in/Sign up screen will show up.
4. Tap on the Sign Up option from the menu.
5. Enter your first and last names and tap on Sign up & Accept.
6. Once your birthday has been entered, tap on Proceed.
7. Create a desired Username.
8. Type in your password and tap on Continue.
9. Enter the phone number you want to be removed from your initial account, which is your primary phone number.
10. Type the Code after you have verified your phone number
And these are some ways to delete a phone number from Snapchat. When you log out of this account and log back into your primary one, your phone number won’t be displayed in your settings.
Also Read: How to Search Snapchat by Phone Number
How Do I Remove My Number from Quick Add on Snapchat?
You might want to think about disabling Quick Add if you don’t want to receive an excessive amount of friend invitations. Here’s how you approach it and how to remove phone number from Snapchat.
1. Open Snapchat and tap on your Profile icon.
2. Tap on the Settings gear icon.
3. Tap on See Me in Quick Add.
4. De-select the checkbox for the Show me in Quick Add option.
This won’t stop Snapchat from continuing to suggest new users for you to add via the Quick Add feature, either. Only your account won’t appear on other people’s lists using this technique.
Also Read: 3 Ways to Remove Phone Number from Instagram
Why Can’t I Remove My Phone Number from Snapchat?
To authenticate your Snapchat account, you need either a working phone number or an active email address. Once the phone number is linked to your account, you cannot remove it without also deleting your account. But you may delete the number from your Snapchat by using some methods. You have three options: conceal the number, use the same phone number to establish a second Snapchat, or substitute a different number. Read the above steps to know how to remove phone number from snapchat and the ways in which you can change the phone number linked to Snapchat.
How Do You Change the Phone Number Linked to My Snapchat?
1. From your Snapchat profile screen, tap on the Settings gear icon > Mobile Number option.
2. In the text box, type a different mobile number.
3. Tap on the VERIFY option to send an SMS to the new number and confirm it.
4. To complete validating the new phone number, adhere to the onscreen instructions in the text message you get from Snapchat.
How Do I Change My Snapchat Phone Number without Logging In?
You cannot change your phone number on Snapchat if you are not signed in. You must enter your username or email address to access your Snapchat account, and only then can you grant Snapchat permission to alter your phone number.
We hope that you learned about how to remove phone number from Snapchat. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.