Family Link is a child monitoring app that enables parents to protect their kids from inappropriate online behavior and bullying. It does so by limiting screen time, banning applications from presenting mature content, and establishing a secure, healthy environment for the kids to study-in. Like every app has pros and cons, Family Link also has a few drawbacks. Children may want to rebel against not getting enough privacy and may wish to learn how to remove Family Link without parent permission. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, this guide will help you understand how to turn off Family Link without notifying parents.
How to Remove Family Link without Parent Permission
You can turn off Family Link without notifying parents by clearing the cache and data of Play Store app. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
How to Remove Family Link without Parent?
To remove Family Link without a parent from your device, you need parental control PIN. If you don’t have the PIN, you can follow the below steps on how to remove Family Link without parent:
Note: Here, we have considered Google Play Store, for which the parental control has to be removed.
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Swipe down and tap on Apps as shown.
3. Tap on App management.
4. Tap on Google Play Store.
5. Tap on Storage usage.
6. Next, tap on Clear cache button as depicted below.
This will remove the controls on Google Play Store. This is how to turn off Family Link without notifying parents.
Also Read: How to Remove Apple ID from Apple Watch
How Do I Turn Off Parent Family Link?
You can turn off or remove the Family Link account by following the instructions below:
1. Open the Google Family Link app.
2. Tap on the three-dashed/hamburger icon.
3. Tap on Remove account from the side menu.
Can Family Link See WhatsApp messages?
Yes, Family Link allows viewing messages on a child’s phone, whether it is SMS or chats on WhatsApp. It also allows you to block any unusual or suspicious activity.
How Do I Stop Family Link Supervision?
To stop Family Link supervision on your child, follow the steps given below:
1. Open the Family Link app on the parent device and tap on Manage settings.
2. Select the account of the child on whom you want to stop supervising.
3. Tap on Manage settings as shown.
4. Next, tap on Account supervision.
5. Swipe down, check the box marked I understand.. and tap on the Stop supervision option shown highlighted.
6. Tap on Next.
7. Now, mark the applicable checkboxes as reason to stop supervision and tap on Next, as shown below.
8. Finally, tap on Close & exit.
Also Read: How Do I Change My Xbox One Account from Child to Parent
How Do I Remove Family Link from My Childs Phone?
To remove Family Link from your child’s phone, follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned below:
1. Open the Family Link app.
2. Tap on the three-dashed > Remove account.
3. Select the Google account associated with the Family Link activation.
4. Confirm the removal process by entering the same password for the Family Link log-in.
5. Remove the app using by generating an app code.
How Do I Turn Off Family Sharing?
You can turn off Family Sharing on your iOS device through these steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
2. Tap on your Apple ID from the top.
3. Tap on Family Sharing.
4. Again, tap on your name.
5. Tap Stop Using Family Sharing option shown highlighted below.
Also Read: How to Remove Account from Chromebook
Is Family Link Illegal?
No, since Family Link is legally accessible to everyone with an active Google account, it hopes to make features available to older account holders. Users can supervise by keeping an eye on everyone in the family’s online safety. When used for someone older than 13 years of age, all parties must agree before the monitoring can start.
Can Family Link See Incognito?
No. When using Family Link, the incognito mode can be restricted for children. But, if you are using Google Chrome, then Family Link cannot access your incognito mode browsing history.
Can Family Link See YouTube History?
Yes, YouTube history is visible to the Family Link’s account holder. Any searches or watch history on YouTube can be viewed on Family Link.
How Can I Monitor My Child’s WhatsApp without them Knowing?
Even though WhatsApp is end-to-end encrypted, only the sender of the message and the receiver can access the texts. However, you can still monitor your child’s WhatsApp using apps such as:
Also Read: Is There a Kid Version of TikTok?
Can Family Link See Browsing History?
Yes, Family Link allows you to view your child’s browsing history, what all searches they have made, and at what time and date.
Can I See My Child’s Instagram Messages?
Yes. If you want to view your child’s Instagram messages, you can either log in to your child’s account on a different device and view messages in real-time. Another way is to use monitoring apps such as SecureTeen or mSpy.
How Do I Change My Child Account to Normal?
You can change your child’s account into a standard account as follows:
1. Open the Family Link app and tap on the hamburger icon.
2. Then, tap on the Remove account.
3. Tap on the Google account linked with Family Link.
4. Enter the same password used for the Family Link log-in.
5. Remove the app by generating an app code.
This would turn your child’s account into normal.
Also Read: How to Unlink EA Account from Xbox
How Do I Turn Off Parental Controls on Android?
To turn off parental controls on an Android, go through the steps mentioned below:
1. Launch the Play Store app and tap on your profile.
2. Next, tap on Settings.
3. Tap on the Family option.
4. Tap on Parental controls.
5. Turn on the toggle for the Parental controls are off option shown highlighted below.
How Do I Turn Off Parental Controls on Google?
Follow the instructions mentioned below to turn off Parental controls:
1. Launch the Google Family Link app and tap on Manage Settings.
2. Next, tap on the child’s account.
3. Tap on Manage settings > Controls on Google Play.
4. Remove all the restrictions and tap on Save.
Also Read: How Do I Remove Myself from a Dropbox Group
Can My Child Uninstall Family Link?
No. The Google Family Link app is guarded against child meddling. You must provide the group password for the parents’ Family Link account and delete the child’s account from the group to uninstall Family Link on the child’s device.
Why Can’t I Leave Apple Family?
You cannot leave the Apple family if a family member has restricted your account. The only way to leave the Apple family would be to reset your device to factory settings.
How to Family Link or Parental Controls without Knowing our Parent?
There is no foolproof way to turn off Family Link without notifying parents. You can try to:
- change your device settings.
- uninstall the app, which may reset your data usage.
- clear cache of restricted app.
How to Turn Off Parental Controls without PIN?
You can turn off Parental Controls on Play Store without PIN with the help of following steps:
1. Open the Settings application on your Android device.
2. Swipe down and tap on Apps from the list, as shown below.
3. Tap on Manage apps > Google Play Store.
4. In the App info screen, tap Force stop from the bottom of the screen, as depicted.
5. Tap on OK to confirm the popup.
6. Then, tap on the Clear data option from the bottom of the screen.
7. Tap on Clear cache and Clear all data options and confirm relavant popups one by one.
The parental controls will get turned off automatically.
Also Read: How to Remove PIN Login from Windows 10
How Do I Get Out of Family Link?
This method explains how to get out of Family Link on Android smartphones, in detail.
Note: Members aged below 13 can’t leave the Family Link or group because they don’t have the privilege to do so.
1. Open the Play Store app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top left corner.
3. Tap on Account > Family > View family members as shown.
4. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner of the screen.
5. Tap on Leave family group.
6. Lastly, tap LEAVE GROUP to leave the family group.
How Do I Turn Off Family Link as a Child?
As a child, you cannot turn off Family Link. You need a parental control code and the parent’s device to turn off Family Link.
How Do you Cheat Parental Controls?
There are various methods you can use to bypass parental controls:
- Reinstall monitoring apps
- Use VPN
- Use a proxy website
- Clear app cache
- Reset your device
How to Bypass Family Link?
Even without a PIN, Family Link can be avoided simply by deleting your Google Play Store records. This action will remove all parental controls and wipe the search history without erasing any downloads on Play Store. Let us see the steps for this:
1. Open Settings on your Android device.
2. Tap on Apps > Manage apps > Google Play Store.
3. Tap on Force stop > OK.
4. Tap on the Clear data option from the bottom of the screen.
5. Then, from the popup, tap on Clear cache and Clear all data options.
We hope that this guide was helpful to learn how to remove Family Link without parent permission and turn off Family Link without notifying parents. You can let us know your queries or suggestions in the comments section below.