Facebook is one of the oldest social networking sites, which is still trending. It is known for its interesting features, including chats, posting updates, maintaining your profile, and much more. Are you wondering are deleted Facebook posts gone forever? Read the article till the end to learn how to recover deleted Facebook posts. This article also mentions how to find a deleted post on Facebook and retrieve deleted Activity Log on Facebook. Happy reading!
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Posts
You can recover deleted Facebook posts from the Activity log section on your Facebook app. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
What Happens If You Delete a Post on Facebook?
When you delete a post you shared on Facebook, it will disappear from your timeline, and your friends won’t be able to see it on your profile anymore.
Are Deleted Facebook Posts Gone Forever?
The answer is yes and no. If you delete a picture or post uploaded by you on your timeline, you can find it in your trash or archive folder but only up to a given period. The recovery time may vary from 14 to 30 days. If you delete something you shared on your timeline, that Facebook post is forever gone. You must download your information or save it on your device to prevent losing your data permanently.
How Long Does Facebook Store Deleted Posts?
Facebook can store the deleted posts backup at most for 30 days. After a given period, your Facebook posts are gone forever.
How Can You Find a Deleted Post on Facebook?
To find deleted post on Facebook, follow the given steps:
1. Launch the Facebook app and tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
2. Tap on the settings gear icon.
3. Swipe down and tap on Activity log.
4. Tap on Trash to find all your deleted posts from the past 30 days.
Also Read: What Happens to Deleted TikToks?
Can You Recover Deleted Posts from Facebook?
Yes, you can recover deleted Facebook posts. But that is only valid up to 30 days after you delete the post from your Facebook timeline.
How Can You Recover Your Deleted Post on Facebook?
Follow the below steps to recover deleted Facebook posts that are deleted from the past 30 days:
1. Launch the Facebook app on your phone.
2. Then, tap on the hamburger icon > settings gear icon.
3. Tap on Activity log > Trash.
4. Tap on the three-dotted icon next to the post you want to recover.
5. Tap on Restore to profile.
6. Tap on RESTORE in the pop-up.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Instagram Account
How Can You Retrieve Deleted Activity Log on Facebook?
Follow the below steps to retrieve deleted Activity Log on Facebook:
1. Launch Facebook and tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
2. Tap on the settings gear icon > Activity log > Trash.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon next to the post you want to recover.
4. Select Restore to profile > RESTORE.
How Can You Retrieve Deleted Pictures on Facebook?
Follow the below steps to retrieve deleted pictures on Facebook:
Note: You can only restore the posts and pictures if they have been there for 30 days or less. After a specific period, your deleted data will be lost permanently.
1. Open Facebook.
2. Go to hamburger icon > settings gear icon > Activity log > Trash.
3. Then, tap on the three-dotted icon next to the picture you want to recover.
4. Select Restore to profile.
5. Tap on RESTORE in the pop-up to confirm the restoration.
Also Read: How to View Someone’s Deleted Instagram Posts
How Can You Find an Old Post from a Friend on Facebook?
Follow the below steps to find an old post from a friend on Facebook:
1. Tap on the search icon from the Facebook home screen and search your friend’s profile.
2. Tap on Posts from the top, as shown below.
3. Enter the search term you recall from that post.
It will then display all the related posts and pictures. Select each of them to find the post you wanted to find.
Can Facebook Admins See Deleted Posts?
Yes, your deleted posts can be seen by the Facebook admin. They can also remove them if they wish to or find them inappropriate. Regular users cannot see deleted posts.
Every social media platform contains a lot of personal data of its users. The users expect this data to be kept safe and secure. We hope that this article was helpful and you have learned how to recover deleted Facebook posts. Let us know if you have any more questions or suggestions in the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.