Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, and it offers a wide range of features for its users, including the ability to watch videos. However, sometimes you may want to pause a video to take a break or rewatch a certain part. In this article, we will discuss the various ways to pause Instagram video, whether it’s a regular video, a live video, or even an Instagram story without holding the button. We will also explore why some users may be unable to pause videos on Instagram. With the information provided in this article, you’ll be able to pause Instagram videos with ease.
How to Pause Instagram Video
If you are a regular Instagram user, chances are that you might not be aware of all the features. For instance, you may find it difficult to pause the video while scrolling on the app. In this case, this article will be your great savior. Read till the end to know more about the same.
Can I Pause Instagram Video?
Yes, you can pause a video on Instagram by tapping on the screen while the video is playing. This will pause the video. To resume playback, tap the screen again.
Why I Can’t Pause Video on Instagram? Why Can’t I Pause Instagram Videos Anymore?
Are you also wondering why I can’t pause video on IG? If so, well, there could be a few reasons for that. The most common ones are:
- Your Instagram app is not updated. Make sure you have the latest version of Instagram installed.
- You may be experiencing a temporary bug with the Instagram app.
- Some videos on Instagram, especially those shared by businesses, are set to automatically play as you scroll through your feed. These videos cannot be paused.
- You are watching live videos of IG creators which cannot be paused.
- The touch screen of your smartphone is faulty.
- Your fingers are not clean which is making it difficult for the device to act accordingly.
It’s also worth noting that Instagram’s functionality could have changed and may have removed the pause feature for certain types of videos. It would be worth checking Instagram’s help center or community for more information.
Also Read: When did Instagram Come Out?
How Do You Pause a Video on Instagram? How to Pause Instagram Video?
There are several methods, though, to pause the video you are watching on IG. Here are the best methods that are working still now on Instagram app.
Method 1: Through Touch Gestures
1. Open the Instagram application on your Android or iOS devices.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Navigate to the desired video and play it.
3. Tap and hold the video to pause it.
4. Release the screen to resume the video.
Method 2: Through Share Option
Another method for pausing an Instagram video on a mobile device is through the use of the video player’s contextual menu accessed via the three-dot icon located on the video player interface. This method allows the video to remain paused even when the device’s screen is off or the application is no longer in the foreground. To execute this method:
1. Open Instagram and play the desired video.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon.
3. Then, tap on Share.
4. Now, you do not have to share the video. Instead, these steps will merely pause the video.
Also Read: How to Pause Instagram Reels
How to Pause Instagram Video on Android?
If you wish to learn how to pause IG video on Android, follow the above-mentioned method.
How to Pause Instagram Videos on iPhone?
Learning how to pause IG video on iPhone is not rocket science as the steps are pretty similar. So, read and follow the steps mentioned above to learn how to pause the IG videos on your iPhone.
How to Pause Instagram Live Video?
Instagram Live videos are designed to be a real-time experience and as such, the app does not allow users to pause Instagram Live videos. Once you start watching a live video, it will continue to play until the broadcast ends or you leave the live video.
Also Read: How to Wave at Someone on Instagram Live
How Do You Pause a Video While Making a Reel on Instagram?
To pause a video while making a reel on IG, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
2. Tap on the + icon.
3. Select the REEL tab to create a new reel for your feed.
4. Record a video by tapping and holding on to the recording icon.
5. To pause recording, simply release your finger from the capture icon.
Once you have finished recording, you can edit and add effects to your reel by using the editing tools available on the reel.
How to Pause an Instagram Story without Holding the Button?
Unfortunately, there is no way you can pause an Instagram story without holding the button. It is because the feature is not currently supported by Instagram. When you watch an Instagram story, it will automatically play through all the clips in the story. You can’t pause or rewind an Instagram story, but you can skip to the next story by swiping left or right on the screen. You need to hold your finger on the screen to pause the story or tap on the three-dotted icon in the top right corner of the screen which will open the share menu for the story that will pause the story until you do not take an action.
We hope that you learned about how to pause Instagram video. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.