One of the most significant advantages of sending a ZIP file to any recipient is that you avoid the hassle of sending multiple attachments at once. It is because this format reduces transfer time by combining multiple files into one. If you receive or download a ZIP file on your iPhone or iPad, you’ll be relieved to know that these files can be opened without the use of a third-party app. In this guide, we will discuss how to open ZIP files on iPhone using third party app and also how to make ZIP file on iPhone.
How to Open ZIP Files on iPhone Using Third Party App
When you want to share a large number of files, it is always easier to send a ZIP file. It is simple to open ZIP files on your iPhone or iPad. The functionality for opening these types of archives in a flush is built into iOS and iPadOS. TAR archives can also be opened in the same way. For more flexibility, use third-party apps like iZip, WinZip, and Zip & RAR File Extractor. Continue reading to learn how to open ZIP files on iPhone Using third party app and open ZIP files from email.
Which are the Third-Party Apps to Open ZIP Files on iPhone or iPad?
While using the built-in option, you can open ZIP files on an iPhone or iPad using third-party tools. We are sharing the three best third-party tools that can perform the same on your iPhone and iPad. These apps are useful if you use other file formats that your iPhone can’t read and want to use a single app for all of them. Here are the apps through which you can learn how to open ZIP files on iPhone using third party app:
iZip is one of the most useful and handy iOS apps for opening ZIP files.
- It’s very easy to use and has an instinctive user interface.
- Besides that, iZip can also unpack numerous compressed file formats, which include RAR, 7Z, ZIPX, TAR, ISO, and TGZ, to name a few. Yet iZip is a fully-fledged app that offers more than simply opening ZIP files.
- This app also lets you access files that are stored in several cloud storage services, including iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and Box.
- With this app, you can also append files to ZIP files, make encrypted and unencrypted ZIP files, and can open file types inside the app like TXT, PDF, PNG, JPG, etc.
Even though WinZip doesn’t support as many compressed file formats as iZip, it gets the work done effortlessly.
- This app supports major compressed file formats like ZIPX, RAR, ZIP, and 7Z.
- You can connect it to your Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, and OneDrive accounts.
- This app can also ZIP files and encrypt your archives as well.
- WinZip also provides built-in functionality which lets you view word documents, Excel spreadsheets, certain web documents, PowerPoint presentations, PDFs, and different media files within ZIP or RAR archive- without unzipping.
Let’s see how open ZIP files on iPhone using third party app, like WinZip:
1. Open the WinZip app and navigate to the ZIP file location.
2. Now, tap on ZIP archive. It will take you inside the ZIP file.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon on the right of the folder.
4. Choose Unzip from the popup.
5. Tap on Unzip from the bottom and select the desired location where the files should be stored.
Also Read: What is GZ File and How Do You UnZip It?
3. Zip & RAR File Extractor
This app is another excellent app for opening ZIP files on iPhone.
- Zip & RAR File Extractor key function is that it includes the ability to unzip ZIP, RAR, AND 7Z archives.
- Through this app, you can create ZIP and 7Z archives using the app.
- Like the other apps Zip & RAR Extractor allows integration with iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, and One Drive.
- It also includes an inbuilt viewer for PDF files, images, certain document types, also a Wi-Fi transfer feature.
How to Open ZIP Files on iPhone and iPad?
ZIP archives come in handy if you need to share large files over the internet. File compression saves storage space and allows for faster file transfers. Knowing how to open ZIP, TAR, RAR, and other compressed file formats comes in handy if you’re on the receiving end. Here is how to open ZIP files on iPhone using third party app:
1. Open the Files app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Locate the desired ZIP file you want to open.
Note: Select Downloads if you downloaded the file from the internet.
3. Tap on the desired ZIP file to open it. The ZIP archive will be unpacked by your iPhone immediately.
4. Tap and hold the unzipped folder and tap on Rename from the pop-up menu.
5. Type your new name and finish by tapping Done on the keyboard.
6. Tap on the newly unzipped folder to view the ZIP file’s contents.
Also Read: How to Download WinZip for Free
How to Open ZIP Files from Email App or WhatsApp?
If your boss or supervisor assigns you a large project with multiple files, he or she will most likely compress them into a zip file to make it easier to send them to you. You should know how to open ZIP files from Email or WhatsApp. If you have received a ZIP file via WhatsApp, Mail, or any other messaging app, you should save it in the Files app first. Here’s how to open ZIP files on iPhone using third party app:
1. Open the desired messaging app.
Note: Used the Microsoft Teams app for this demo.
2. Tap on the desired ZIP file.
3. Tap on the Share icon.
4. Tap on Save to Files from the popup and choose the desired location where you want to save your ZIP file.
5. Now, tap on Save.
Also Read: How to Unzip Files on Android Phone
How to Make ZIP File on iPhone?
Learning how to make ZIP file on iPhone using third party app is significant as you can either be a recipient or a sender. If you want to share a large file or multiple files, a ZIP file would take less storage space and it can also be sent faster because of its smaller file size. Learn to create a ZIP file on your iPhone:
1. Open the Files app and select the desired location, such as On My iPhone or iCloud Drive.
2. Tap the three-dotted icon > Select option.
3. Select the desired files.
4. Again, tap on the three-dotted icon > Compress option.
5A. If you only choose one file, a ZIP file with the same name is saved to that folder.
5B. If you selected multiple files, a ZIP archive called Archive.zip is saved to the folder you specified.
6. To rename the ZIP archive, press and hold the file/folder and tap on Rename.
We hope that you learned about how to open ZIP files on iPhone using third party app and open ZIP files from email. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.