We know that it is annoying when some ad pops up on the screen as it can distract you from the work that you are doing. Of course, you can choose not to use the internet while doing office work, but it isn’t easy to work without the internet as many books are available in online mode only, and many extensions require the internet. So, if you want to learn how to make Android phone and tablet completely ad free, you are on the right page. In this guide, you will learn how to block ads on Android phone or tablet and how to block ads on Samsung phone and Android Chrome. Let’s dive right in!
How to Make Android Phone and Tablet Completely Ad Free
You can search for things on the internet, book a stay in another city, get a cab booked using an app, shop for clothes online, and much more. Therefore, the advertisements for these products can also be seen while you use a web browser or any app. But it can be irritating at times. So, in this guide, we will guide you on how to make Android phone and tablet completely ad free and how to block ads on Android Chrome. Keep reading further to find the methods explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Note: Since Android smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device. These steps were performed on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.
Method 1: Use Private DNS
The first method to block ads on Android phone is to use Private DNS. The steps for the same are given below:
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Tap on Connections.
3. Tap on More connection settings.
4. Now, tap on Private DNS.
5. Under the Private DNS provider name, enter the DNS server of your host provider and tap on Save.
Keep reading to find more methods to learn how to make Android phone and tablet completely ad free.
Also Read: How to Clear DNS Cache on Android
Method 2: Use Site Setting Feature on Chrome
Want to learn how to block ads on Android Chrome? You can use the Site setting feature available under Settings of Google Chrome browser. It will reduce the number of ads shown and block intrusive and misleading ads. You can use this feature by following the steps:
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your phone.
2. Now, tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Now, swipe down and tap on Site settings from the Advanced section.
5. Then, tap on Ads.
6. Finally, turn off the toggle for the Ads option to block advertisements.
Let’s see other few methods to learn how to make Android phone and tablet completely ad free.
Method 3: Use Browser with Ad-Blocking Feature
There are web browsers that have an ad-blocking feature. Using any of these browsers will allow you to work without distractions. Some of these browsers are Brave Browser, Firefox Focus, Opera Browser, AdBlock Browser, and Samsung Internet. I use Samsung Internet, so I can tell you how to block ads on Samsung phone Internet app. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
Note: Samsung Internet browser can be downloaded on Android devices. It is an inbuilt app on Samsung phones, so Samsung users do not need to download it.
1. Launch the Samsung Internet Browser or any other desired browser on your phone.
2. Now, tap on the hamburger menu icon from the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on Ad blockers.
4. Now, tap on the download icon for the desired ad blockers and wait till it gets downloaded.
So, know you now how to block ads on Samsung phone. Keep reading to find another method to learn how to make Android phone and tablet completely ad free.
Also Read: 3 Ways to Block YouTube Ads on Android
Method 4: Use Adblock Application
Adblocker apps will do this job for you and make things easier for you. We have downloaded the AdBlocker app and performed the steps for it:
1. Launch Play Store.
2. Search for the FAB Adblocker Browser.
3. Now, tap on the Install option and wait till it gets installed on your device.
4. Launch the FAB Adblocker Browser app.
5. Select the desired search engine for which you want to use this application and tap on Continue.
6. Launch the web browser and head to any of the sites. You will find no ads on that site.
Also Read: 16 Best Ad Blocking Extensions for Chrome
Method 5: Use Premium Version of Desired App
Another method to block ads on Android phone is to use the premium version of the desired app which you want to use ad free. If you use YouTube Premium and Spotify Premium, no advertisements will be shown to you. So, we suggest you subscribe to the premium version of the target application. For reference, you can read our guide on How to Get YouTube Music Premium for Free and 9 Ways to Get Spotify Premium Free Forever.
We hope you learned how to make Android phone and tablet completely ad free and how to block ads on your Android phone or tablet. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.