Instagram is one of the most trending social media platforms active in the market. Every other person is on Instagram nowadays. But it is important to maintain privacy whenever you post anything on social media platforms. If you don’t want a particular person to see your posts or stories and want to hide Instagram posts altogether, then you need to follow the steps mentioned further in this article. So, we will take a look at how to hide posts from someone on Instagram and how to find hidden Instagram posts. Also, keep reading the article to get insights about the Instagram post view limit.
How to Hide Posts from Someone on Instagram
You can remove that follower from your Instagram profile or switch your account to private to hide posts from them. Read till the end to learn the steps demonstrating the same in depth by using the illustrations for better understanding.
Can You Limit Who Sees Your Instagram Posts?
Yes, using the private account feature of Instagram, you can enable Instagram post view limit and limit who sees your Instagram post. Only the people who follow you will be able to see your Instagram media, and no one else will be able to do so.
Can You Hide Your Instagram Posts from Non-followers?
Yes, if you turn your account to a private one, then only the people who follow you will be able to view your content. And for all the non-followers, the content will be hidden.
Can You Hide Your Instagram Posts From Certain Followers?
No, you cannot hide your posts on Instagram from your followers. But you can remove those people to whom you don’t want to show your content from your follower’s list. By doing this, those people would be removed from your follower’s list, and hence, won’t be able to see your content.
How Can You Hide Posts from Someone on Instagram?
To hide posts on Instagram from someone, you either need to convert your account to a private one or block those users whom you don’t want to show your content. To turn your account to private, follow the upcoming steps:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap on your profile icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Then, tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
3. Tap on the Settings option.
4. Then, tap on the Privacy option.
5. Turn on the toggle for the Private account.
6. Then, tap on the Switch to Private option to confirm.
Also Read: How to See If Someone Has Multiple Instagram Accounts
How to Hide Instagram Posts Without Unfollowing Them?
There are only two ways to hide your posts on Instagram from someone. You can either remove those people from your follower list or else you need to block them. Follow the below steps:
1. Open Instagram on your device and open the desired profile you want to block.
2. Then, tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner.
3. Tap on Block.
Note: You can also choose Remove follower.
4. Choose any of the following radio buttons and tap on the Block option.
- Block their current account only
- Block every account they may create in the future
Also Read: How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
How to Hide Your Instagram Posts from Someone Without Blocking Them?
To hide posts from someone without blocking them, you need to take two steps. First, you need to remove that person from your follower’s list. Second, make sure that your account is set to private. Follow the below steps to do the same:
1. Open the desired profile of that account and tap on the three-dotted icon.
2. Tap on Remove follower.
3. Now, tap on your profile icon from the bottom bar.
4. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner of the screen.
5. Tap on the Settings > Privacy option.
6. Turn on the toggle for the Private account option.
7. Then, tap on the Switch to Private option to confirm.
Also Read: How to View Private Instagram Profiles
Can You Hide Instagram Posts From One Person?
Yes, you can hide your posts from one person on Insta. For this, you need to block or remove that person so they won’t even be able to find your account.
How to Find Your Hidden Posts on Instagram?
You cannot hide specifically any single post from anyone. If you have blocked someone from Instagram or you have your account private, then your post will be hidden from those users. But you will be able to find all your posts in your profile feed section. Also, you cannot hide posts for yourself.
How to Unhide Posts on Instagram?
You can unhide your Instagram posts to the world just by switching your private account to a public one, or you can unblock the users so they can also see your posts. To switch your account to a private one, you can consider following the below steps:
1. Open the Instagram application on your device.
2. Tap on your profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on hamburger icon > Settings.
4. Then, tap on the Privacy option.
5. Turn off the toggle for the Private account.
6. Tap on the Switch to Public option to confirm the switching.
We hope you have understood the steps for how to hide posts from someone on Instagram and were able to perform the steps for how to find hidden Instagram posts successfully. You can drop your queries about this article and topic suggestions for future articles in the comments section below.