Strikethrough text, alternatively known as crossed out text, has been used in the paper-written format for centuries. While writing something, when we make a mistake, we cut the word or the line from the center, representing that it has been removed or eliminated because it was a mistake. Apps like WhatsApp have support to strikethrough a text, while other apps don’t have the option to strikethrough a text. In that case, you can use third-party websites and apps to convert your normal text to strikethrough text and send it to someone or use it for yourself. If you are here looking for using a strikethrough font on your Android, iOS, or any other device, this article will help you with that. It will guide you on how to use a crossed out text Instagram and help you understand what is the best strikethrough text generator you can use for free.
How to Get Strikethrough Font on Android
Just like the paper-written format strikesthrough, a font option is also available in an electronic system. Websites like Wikipedia, which is the home for information about everything in the world, use strikethrough, denoting that the text or a word that is strikethrough has been removed or changed. Strikethrough font is not only limited to documents, it can also be used on social media platforms. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to get strikethrough font on Android in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
What is a Strike Through Text?
Strikethrough text is a typographical representation of words with a horizontal line from the middle, resulting in
strikethrough text. Strikethrough texts are used on formal documents for representing eliminated information. In e-documents, strikethrough became popular. The strikethrough text option can be found on many document creation software, like MS Word. And you can also strikethrough a text using third-party apps and websites. Strikethrough is primarily used to mark text that is mistaken and removed.
Is Cross Out Text Same as Strikethrough Text?
Yes, cross out text is the same as strikethrough text. Cross out text is an alternative name used for strikethrough text. Both texts are with a horizontal line through the middle of the words or sentences. Apps like WhatsApp, Google docs, Word, Excel, Sheets, and PowerPoint have the direct option to strikethrough a text. If no strikethrough text option is available, you can use third-party apps and websites to generate a strikethrough text. Strikethrough and cross out are basically the same and are used as alternative names to one another.
Is There Any Strikethrough Text Generator?
Yes, there is not just one but many strikethrough text generator available online for free. The procedure to use any strikethrough text generator is super simple. You have to visit the site and enter your text. Then, click on the strikethrough option that will give you the result. You can even copy the converted text and paste it into its location. These are a few strikethrough text generators you can use: Convertcase, Editpad, and Qwerty.
Also Read: 20 Best App for Reducing Screen Brightness
How Do I Strikethrough a Font?
If you are using Word, MS Excel, Google Docs, or any document-creating software, you can find the strikethrough option there. Otherwise, you need to use third-party apps and websites to convert your texts to strikethrough and then you can paste the converted text to its desired location. To strikethrough a font using Google Docs, follow these steps:
1. Select your text with your mouse cursor.
2. From the Format tab, hover over the Text option.
3. Then, from the menu that shows up, click on Strike-through.
4. Your text will look struck out, as shown below.
How to Get Strikethrough Font on Android?
Some apps like WhatsApp support the Strikethrough text option while for others you need to use a third-party app or website. To get strikethrough font on Android, follow the below steps:
1. Open the desired browser on your Android phone and visit the Saijogeorge website.
2. Enter the text in the empty box and tap on the StrikeEm option below it to see the result.
3. From the result, select the text and tap on the Copy option to copy the text.
4. Go to the desired location where you want to use the text then tap and hold the pointer on the screen.
5. Tap on the Paste option to paste the text.
Also Read: How to Change Font on Instagram
How to Strikethrough Text on iPhone?
You can follow the steps mentioned above to strikethrough any text on your iPhone from the Safari browser.
How to Copy Paste Strikethrough Text?
You can use the Saijogeorge website on your PC or mobile browser to strike out the text, as shown above. Then, select the text from the results and tap on Copy (on phone) or press the Ctrl+ C (Windows) and Cmd + C (Mac) keys. You can paste the text by tapping on Paste on your phone or pressing the Ctrl + V (Windows) and Cmd + V (Mac) on your keyboard to paste the strikethrough text to its location on your PC.
How to Strikethrough Text on Instagram?
To know how to strikethrough text on Instagram, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Saijogeorge website on your browser on your Android phone.
2. Enter the text in the empty box and tap on the StrikeEm button below it to see the result.
3. From the result, select and Copy the text.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
5. You can Paste the copied text in the comment, caption, description, messages, or wherever the text is used on Instagram.
How to Do Crossed Out Text Instagram?
Read and follow the steps mentioned above to cross out the text for Instagram.
How to Strikethrough Text on Whatsapp?
To know how to strikethrough text on WhatsApp, just follow these steps:
2. Tap on the desired chat.
3. Tap on the Message box.
4. Using the keyboard, type desired text in between ~ symbols. The text will immediately get struck out. Like this: ~[your text]~
5. Tap on the Send icon beside the message box to send a strikethrough text to the target recipient.
This is how to strikethrough text on WhatsApp.
Also Read: 21 Best Pastebin Alternatives to Share Code and Text
What is the Best Strikethrough Text Generator?
Some of the best strikethrough text generator websites and apps are listed below:
1. PiliApp: PiliApp is super simple to use, it not just converts your normal text to strikethrough but also gives you options to underline them by straight single and double lines, curve lines, and dotted lines. From PiliApp.com, you can generate symbols and texts; hence, it is also a handy website.
2. Saijogeorge: Saijogeorge is a website or portfolio of a developer which has a strikethrough font project on his website. The website is super simple it just converts your text to strikethrough text and that’s the only it does. You can visit Saijogeorge.com to check out the developer’s portfolio and other side projects.
3. Capitalize My Title: The strikethrough text generator available on this site is easy to use, just paste your text in the empty box and the result will be displayed on the right side, copy the strikethrough text, and paste it into your document. It also has some other font and text generator options.
These were the best strikethrough text generator you should use.
We hope that this article has helped you in knowing what is strikethrough font and how to use crossed out text Instagram app. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.