Instagram is one of the most popular apps of social media. It has the highest number of users, making it one of the top-ranked apps. We can find new friends on Instagram, which expands our network and increases our public relations. They can be found under the Discover people tab. Under that, you can see other people on Instagram whom you might know, and you can follow or message them to become friends. But some of us do not like or show interest in some aspects of Instagram, like Discover people on Instagram. We try to find out ways how to turn off Discover people on Instagram. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we bring a helpful guide that will teach you how to get rid of Discover people on Instagram.
How to Get Rid of Discover People on Instagram
Instagram is the go-to spot not only for entertainment but also for shopping, instant news, funny reels, and finding jobs. Along with these, we can be in touch with our friends whom we find on Instagram and connect with them by following each other. Continue reading to learn the steps on how to turn off Discover people on Instagram.
Is Discover People Still on Instagram?
Yes. Discover people is still available on Instagram. You can find the Discover people tab in the app itself. It helps to find out the accounts of the people frfor entertainment, shopping and searches for their accounts. You will be shown the list of people with Instagram accounts from your contacts list. As the Discover people feature is still on Instagram, you can easily find your friends’ accounts to get connected with them.
Can You Remove Discover People on Instagram?
No. You can hide discover on Instagram, but you cannot permanently remove it. Discover is the default option on Instagram, which cannot be deleted or removed by the user. You can hide it by following some simple steps and even unhide it later. You can even turn off account suggestions too.
Why does Instagram Keep Showing Discover People?
Generally, IG keeps showing Discover people. You might think it shows the list randomly, but it doesn’t. There is a reason for that. The person in your discover list might know you, or you might know that person by sharing some mutual friends or having similar interests.
Also Read: How to Turn On or Off Friend Suggestions on Facebook App
Who Appears on the Discover People List?
The people who appear on your Discover people list are the ones that Instagram feels you might know. The different kinds of users that appear on your discover list are:
- That account holder might be on your contact list. If an Instagram user is also on your contact list, Instagram shows that particular user in the Discover list, which suggests you follow them.
- You might have mutual friends. For example, if you and some other random person have a mutual friend, i.e., follow a common person, Instagram shows that account in your discover so that you might follow them.
- Some profiles that are similar to the ones that you are currently following might also show up in discover. Profiles with similar standards or interests from whom you follow will be suggested to you in which you might be interested in following.
- Profiles from the same location. Sometimes, profiles from the same area or location might be suggested to you in discover.
How Do You Reset Discover People on Instagram?
To be true, there is no solution for how to get rid of Discover people on Instagram. You cannot reset the entire Discover section on Instagram, but you can edit it. Follow the steps mentioned below to make changes to the Discover people section on Instagram:
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on See all from the Discover people tab.
4. Tap on the cross mark on any desired profile to delete it from the suggestions.
Also Read: How to Reset or Clear Instagram Search Suggestions
How Do I Turn Off Discover People on Instagram Mobile?
Actually, you cannot find a solution for how to turn off discover on Instagram, but you can alternatively hide it. It is a very simple task. Just follow the steps given below to hide Discover people on Instagram:
1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile.
2. Tap on the Profile tab > Discover people icon.
This will hide discover for you, and you can unhide it anytime by tapping on the icon.
Why Can’t I Turn Off Discover?
You cannot turn off discover, as Instagram doesn’t allow you to do so. Instagram doesn’t have the option of turning off discover.
- It becomes difficult for you to expand your network without discovery.
- You cannot find the Instagram accounts of your contacts easily without the Discover feature.
So, for these reasons, you cannot completely turn off discovery. Finally, it should be clear that there is no answer to how to get rid of Discover people on IG.
Where did Discover People Go on Instagram?
The Discover people on Instagram are in your profile section. You can find it under the Edit profile tab from the profile section. You will find all the accounts from the Discover people section over there, and you can follow them as per your preferences.
We hope that you learned about how to get rid of Discover people on Instagram. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.