TikTok is the perfect social media platform for today’s world. It made not just consuming content easy and fun but also made creating content very approachable. Yet it has not provided an activity log for its users to see. So if you ever want to search for comments on TikTok, then there is no direct way to do it in the app itself. So, is it not possible to see your old comments on TikTok? If yes, then what are the right ways? If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we bring you a helpful guide that will teach you how to find your comments on TikTok and delete all TikTok comments.
You will get to know if how to find your comments on TikTok further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
No, there is no way to search comments on TikTok. However, TikTok’s search feature is now improved from earlier. It can now identify keywords in comments and captions, which ultimately enhances the search results of the specific search term; yet it does not help search your comments. As TikTok does not have its activity log thus, you cannot track what posts you have commented on previously.
TikTok does not track your comment history. If you have been commenting on TikTok yet in the hope that you can come back to them, it will be a little hard for you. Apps like Instagram provide an activity log of your engagement on the platform. Though TikTok also shows you previously liked TikTok, there is no feature similar to the comments. So if you want to find your comment now, you have no option other than going back to that particular TikTok video and scrolling down the comment section until you find yours. For future reference, you should know how to find your comments on TikTok before commenting on any TikTok video.
Also Read: How to Find Email Associated with Instagram Account
TikTok comment is a great place to engage with your followers and build community. But building a safe space where people can voice their opinions without hesitation is a tough task. Thus to manage this, TikTok has introduced a Filter option. From this option, you can restrict comments of offensive nature. So before anyone can post a comment on your post, if you have this option turned on, they won’t be able to comment until you verify it. If you unknowingly have this Filter comment option turned on before posting the TikTok, people won’t be able to comment on your post. So make sure the option is not turned on.
Finding your comments on TikTok is not a straightforward process. There exists no such option where you can see your comments. So the best way to find your TikTok comments is to keep them saved, like taking a screenshot instantly after posting. But if you haven’t taken such precautionary measures and you want to search comments on TikTok, there are a few ways by which you can do this.
Let us see how to find your comments on TikTok.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom bar.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
4. Then, tap on Settings and privacy.
5. Tap on the Comment and watch history option.
6. Tap on Comment history.
You will see your recently made comments on the TikTok app.
Also Read: How to Find My Liked Comments on Instagram
TikTok does not have the option to view individual comment activity but it can provide you with a list of the whole comment history. This list will provide you with every comment you have ever made on TikTok. The Txt file gets downloaded with the Date and Time stamp through which you can see all your comments chronologically arranged. Yet the one thing which still will be missing is the video context. You won’t be able to know what video you have commented on. Even after this, if you want to see all comments, follow these steps.
1. Launch TikTok and tap on the Profile tab from the bottom right corner.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon > Settings and privacy.
3. Tap on Account.
4. Tap on Download your data.
5. Select the TXT file format and tap on Request data.
6. Then, wait for a few days for TikTok to process your request. When you receive the file, navigate back to the Download your data menu.
7. Tap on the Download data tab from the top to find your comments on TikTok.
8. Tap on the Download option from the received file you requested.
9. From the ensuing webpage, Log in to your TikTok account again with your Password. The file will get downloaded instantly.
10. Extract the downloaded file from your File Manager.
11. Now, open the extracted data file and tap on the Comments folder.
12. Tap on the Comments.txt file to open it. You will see all the comments you made since you created your TikTok account in that file.
Read this article from the start to learn how to find your comments on TikTok.
Also Read: How to Reply to a Comment on TikTok
If you want to see comments you liked on TikTok, you can do it, but the way is not straightforward. There is no section available in the app where you can directly see comments you liked on TikTok. For this, you have to look at the Watch History. Let us know how you can do it.
1. Launch the TikTok app on your phone and tap on the Profile tab from the bottom bar.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
3. Then, tap on Settings and privacy.
4. Tap on Watch history under the Content & Display section.
5. Now, tap on the desired history to view it again.
6. All your previously watched videos will appear in the Grid view
7. Search for the desired video and look for your liked comment.
Yes, your followers can see your comments on TikTok live. When you go live on TikTok, everyone can see your comments appearing as they are posted at the bottom of the screen. You can also respond to those comments, and when you comment, all your followers will be able to see them.
The comment section under the TikTok videos is where community building happens in real-time. But when you comment, does everybody get to know about this? When you comment on a TikTok video, the account that has published the video will get a notification about your comment. Your followers will be able to see your comment when they stumble upon the video that you have commented on. If they have commented on that video, they will see first their comment, then yours, and then the top comments under the video. Everyone who has access to watch the video will be able to see your comment. Read this article from the start to learn how to find your comments on TikTok.
Also Read: How to See Who Viewed Your TikTok Profile
If you want to delete all TikTok comments under your video, you can do it very easily. TikTok allows its users to delete comments in bulk. Sometimes you get comments that are inappropriate and offensive then the creator has full control to delete them. Let us see how you can delete all TikTok comments on your video.
1. Open the TikTok app.
2. Navigate to the desired comment you made that now you want to delete.
3. Tap and hold the comment for a second until the popup appears.
4. From the popup menu, tap on Delete.
Your comment will instantly get deleted.
TikTok has a vast library of content. Thus, the comments you post on the video may get lost. We hope this guide was helpful and that you understood how to find your comments on TikTok. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.