How to Disconnect Your Facebook Account from Instagram
Almost everyone is on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. Some use any one of them, and the people who love to be social can be found on both platforms. For socially active people to make their work easier, Instagram and Facebook have the Accounts Center feature, allowing you to connect your all Facebook and Instagram in one place. From here, you can manage both accounts and share your information and all the posts and stories. You need to share the post on any of them, and it will automatically be shared on the other. It’s most helpful when you want to recover your account. As you have the option to link your accounts, you also have the option to remove them anytime without any worries. You can go to the Accounts Center on your Facebook or Instagram account and unlink your account. If you don’t know or need some help to disconnect your Facebook account from Instagram, this article will help you with that. It will guide you in steps on how to disconnect your Facebook account from Instagram and how to disconnect Facebook from Instagram. Also, you will learn why aren’t you able to unlink Facebook from Instagram.
How to Disconnect Your Facebook Account from Instagram
You will get to know how to disconnect your Facebook account from Instagram further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Can I Keep Instagram and Facebook Separate?
Yes, you can keep your Instagram and Facebook separate by not linking any of them with each other. Linking your Instagram account to Facebook or Facebook account to Instagram will let you share your profile, posts, stories, login information, and even some settings with each other. And if you don’t link them, your Facebook and Instagram accounts will be kept separate; there will be no relation between them. The posts and stories you post on Instagram or Facebook won’t be shown on the other, and all your friends and chats will be kept separate on both.
What Happens When I Unlink My Instagram Account?
When you unlink your Instagram account, you revoke access to all the settings associated with your other Facebook and Instagram accounts in the Accounts Center. On Facebook or Instagram, you can connect all your accounts using the Accounts Center. And from here, you can manage every setting of another social account. When you unlink your Instagram account from the Accounts Center, you won’t be able to share login information between your other connected Facebook and Instagram accounts. Also, you won’t be able to find and message friends faster across your apps and accounts. And most importantly, you won’t be able to share stories and posts across your accounts. It all will happen when you unlink your Instagram account from the Accounts Center.
Where is Instagram Settings on Facebook?
To locate your Instagram Settings on the Facebook app, follow these steps:
Note: Make sure you have connected your Instagram account to your Facebook.
1. Launch the Facebook app on your iOS or Android device.
2. Tap on the profile tab from the top of the screen.
3. On your Facebook Profile page, tap on the three-dotted icon.
4. In the Profile Settings, tap on the Privacy Center option.
5. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner of the screen.
6. Tap on Settings > Instagram settings.
7. Tap on Yes, go to Instagram option to access your Instagram settings.
This is how can you find your Instagram settings on Facebook.
Also Read: How to Remove Accounts on Instagram
How Do You Disconnect a Facebook Account from Instagram?
To know how to disconnect your Facebook account from Instagram, just follow these steps:
1. Launch the Instagram application on your Android and iOS devices.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Tap on Settings from the menu that appeared at the bottom of the screen.
5. Swipe down and tap on Accounts Center.
6. In the Accounts Center, tap on the Accounts option.
7. Tap on the Remove option beside the Facebook information to unlink Facebook from Instagram.
8. On the next screen, tap on the Continue option.
9. Tap on Remove [Facebook Username] to confirm the removal of your Facebook account from Instagram.
This is how to disconnect your Facebook account from Instagram.
Also Read: Why Does Your Firestick Say Network Disconnected?
How Do I Unlink My Facebook Account without Deleting My Instagram?
To know how to disconnect Facebook from Instagram without deleting Instagram, read and follow the steps mentioned above.
Why is My Facebook Name on My Instagram?
The only reason is that you have connected your Facebook account to your Instagram account. If you have enabled profile syncing in your Accounts Center, your Facebook name and bio will be directly copied to your Instagram account. And your name on Instagram will be changed to the one on Facebook. Connecting your Facebook account to Instagram allows you to share your moments directly to Instagram and Facebook at the same time without wanting you to open your Facebook account. As a result, the profile syncing enabled on your Facebook and Instagram account changes your Instagram name to the Facebook name.
Why Can’t I Unlink My Facebook from Instagram?
Here are the reasons why can’t you unlink Facebook from Instagram:
- You haven’t connected the Facebook account to Instagram.
- There might be some connectivity issues or a network error on your device.
- Either Instagram or Facebook is under some server maintenance.
- It can be due to a bug or a glitch in the Instagram app.
So, we hope you have understood how to disconnect your Facebook account from Instagram with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.