What was founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos as an online marketplace for books is now a multibillion-dollar company providing services such as Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, Amazon Luna, Amazon Music, Amazon Pay, and Amazon Prime. The user-friendly interface and easy accessibility make having an Amazon account highly convenient. One can create an account simply by using either their phone number or email ID. But some users feel the need to delete their accounts. Are you looking to unavailing the services of your Amazon account and wish to cancel Amazon Prime? This article is your one-stop guide on how to delete your Amazon account and ways to permanently delete Amazon account.
How to Delete Your Amazon Account
You can delete your Amazon account from the Close Your Amazon Account page. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How Can You Remove Your Email from Amazon?
Want to stop getting emails from Amazon regarding security and purchases, or do not want to associate your email with your Amazon account? All you need is to do the following procedure:
2. Tap on the hamburger tab from the bottom right corner.
3. Then, tap on the Account option.
4. Tap on Login & security.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to approve the process.
6. Now, tap on Edit next to your Email ID.
7. Enter the New email address and tap on Continue.
8. Enter the OTP you receive on that email.
9. Now, tap on Continue.
10. Finally, tap on Done.
Stay tuned till the end to learn how to delete your Amazon account.
Also Read: What Happens If You Forgot Your Amazon Password?
How Can You Remove Your Phone Number from Amazon?
Removing your number to add a new number or change a number for whatever reason is very easy, thanks to Amazon’s user-friendly experience making editing account information fairly uncomplicated. The below-mentioned steps explain this in detail:
1. Launch the Amazon app on your device.
2. Tap on the account icon from the bottom bar.
3. Then, tap on Your Account.
4. Select Login & security.
5. Now, tap on Edit next to your phone number.
6. Enter the New phone number and tap on Continue.
7. Tap on OK in the pop-up.
8. Enter the OTP you receive on that email and tap on Continue.
9. Tap on Done.
How Can You Merge Amazon Accounts?
Consumers or customers with two Amazon accounts may not be able to merge their Amazon accounts, yet that is not the case for sellers. This is how sellers can merge their accounts:
1. Log in to Seller Central in the nation or region where you are already selling.
2. Select Sell Globally from the Inventory drop-down menu.
3. Tap on nation or region.
4. Select the nation or region where you want to sell and tap on Register now.
5. Enter the email and password for the region where you are already selling if prompted to sign in again.
6. Fill up the registration by adding more information if prompted.
When you are done, the new nations you registered to sell will be combined automatically. Keep reading to find out the procedure to delete your Amazon account.
Also Read: How to Get Refund on Amazon
Can You Cancel Your Amazon Prime at Any Time?
Yes, you can cancel Amazon Prime at any time. Amazon will issue a credit note to you and refund your full membership fee if you cancel the annual Prime membership within three business days of signing up. However, Amazon reserves the right to charge you (or deduct from your refund) the value of Prime benefits used by you and your account during this three-business-day period.
How Can You Unsubscribe from Prime?
Follow the below steps to unsubscribe from Prime:
1. Visit the Amazon website.
2. Hover over Accounts & Lists and click on Your Prime Membership.
3. Click on Update, continue and more under Manage Membership tab.
4. Click on End membership.
5. Click on Cancel My Benefits.
6. Choose Continue to Cancel.
Also Read: How Do I Cancel Starz Subscription on Amazon
Can You Delete Your Amazon Prime Account?
Yes, you can delete your Amazon Prime account. This will permanently close your Amazon account and erase all data.
How Can You Contact Amazon to Delete Your Account?
You can contact Amazon via their site when you want to permanently delete Amazon account. The steps are as follows to contact Amazon to delete account:
Note: Deleting an Amazon account is a permanent action that cannot be restored.
1. Visit the Close Your Amazon Account page.
2. Scroll down and select a desired reason from the drop-down box.
3. Check the Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon Account and delete my data option.
4. Click on Close My Account.
How to Delete Amazon Account without Login?
No, it is impossible to request deletion of your account without login. If you have forgotten your password, use the forgot password option and log in using your phone number or email ID to enter the OTP and successfully log in.
How Can You Permanently Delete Your Amazon Account?
One can permanently delete Amazon account using the given easy steps. Keep in mind that it will also cause the permanent deletion and cancelation of all the data stored and different services accompanying it.
Note: To delete an account, you must first log in.
1. Navigate to the Close Your Amazon Account page on your browser and select the desired reason after scrolling down.
2. Check the permission box and click on the Close My Account option.
Also Read: Does Snapchat Delete Inactive Accounts?
How Long Does It Take to Permanently Delete an Amazon Account?
Once you have requested to delete your Amazon account, Amazon will send you a confirmation email or text to close your account. Following that, you will have five days to respond and state whether you want Amazon to permanently deactivate your account.
What Happens If You Delete Your Amazon Account?
As soon as you are prepared to ask Amazon to permanently deactivate your account and erase your data, you will get a confirmation message by text message or the email address connected to your account. Within five days, you must respond to confirm your request. When the account is canceled, the consequences are listed below:
- You will not have access to any of the worldwide Amazon sites’ items and services that you used to access through it. If you use the same login information to access services and goods provided by other worldwide sites, such as amazon.com, amazon.fr, and amazon.com.mx, closing your account through this website will also cancel your account there.
- Once your account is closed, neither you nor anyone else will be able to access it, and it cannot be opened again. You will need to register a new account if you decide later that you want to start placing orders from Amazon again or if you want to access website services that demand an account.
Does Amazon Delete Inactive Accounts?
Yes, as per Amazon’s File Retention Policy, if in the previous two years, the account owner has not downloaded anything, signed in, or uploaded anything. After 18 months (547 days) of inactivity, the account holder will be sent an email notification. All files will be erased if no activity is detected for two years (730 days). Before files are deleted, the account owner is alerted.
Why is It So Hard to Close an Amazon Account?
We hear you, and we understand that it can seem tedious without knowing how to delete your Amazon account. Due to all the sensitive information like phone numbers, bank details, addresses, and email IDs, this can be one reason for the lengthy cancellation method. The other reason is that making the method long and tiring is an attempt made by Amazon not to lose customers.
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to delete your Amazon account and cancel Amazon Prime subscription. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.