One billion people use the popular social media app Instagram every month. A new story or post is added every second. The app adds thousands of new users each day. Instagram is extremely popular among people of all age groups ranging from pre-teens to aged ones because it enables them to stay connected and share life experiences. If you are an Instagram user and wondered how to clear Instagram search history or delete Instagram Login Activity, this post is for you. Can you retrieve deleted Instagram Activity Log? Let’s find out!
How to Delete Your Activity on Instagram?
If you are someone looking for more information regarding Instagram Activity log, we bring a helpful guide that will resolve all your doubts and will also tell you how to delete or clear your activity on Instagram.
How Can You Clear Your Instagram Search History?
Method 1: Via Instagram App
Option I: Through Instagram Activity Settings
1. Launch the Instagram app on your device.
2. Tap on the profile picture icon at the bottom right corner.
3. Then, tap on the hamburger menu icon from the top right corner of your screen.
4. Next, tap on Your activity option under the hamburger menu.
5. Under Your activity options, tap on the Recent searches option.
6. Finally, tap on Clear all to clear Instagram search history.
Also Read: How to Fix Instagram Won’t Let Me Log In
Option II: Manually Remove Through Instagram Search
This method is suitable if you want to delete selected searches and clear the whole search history.
1. Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
2. Tap on the search icon present at the bottom navigation bar.
3. Then, tap on the Search bar at the top of your screen.
4. Now, tap on the cross icon corresponding to the particular search you wish to delete.
Method 2: Via Instagram Desktop Site
Here are the steps to remove the search history on the Instagram Desktop page.
1. Visit the Instagram Desktop page.
2. Log in to your Instagram account.
3. Click on the Search bar shown highlighted in the pic below.
Below the search bar, you will see your Instagram accounts search history.
4A. You can manually delete a few selected searches you want to delete by clicking the cross icon next to the search term.
4B. Or, clear your entire Instagram search history by clicking on the Clear all option.
This is how you can clear your Instagram search history from the Instagram app as well as web browser.
Also Read: How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Post
How To Delete Instagram Login Activity
The methods you should follow to delete Instagram Login Activity successfully.
1. Open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android smartphone.
2. Tap on the profile picture icon.
3. Then, tap on the hamburger menu icon at the top right corner of your screen.
4. Here, tap on the Settings option.
5. Now, tap on the See more in Accounts Center option.
6. Under the Account settings, locate and tap on Password and security.
7. Tap on the Where you’re logged in option.
8. Select your Instagram account.
9. Now, select the devices where you have logged in and tap on Log Out option.
Also Read: Fix Instagram Feedback Required Login Error
How to Delete Instagram Login History
Implement the given steps to delete Instagram Login history:
1. Visit the official website of Instagram.
2. Log in to your Instagram account, if you are not already logged in.
3. Click on the profile pic icon at the top of the screen.
4. Here, select the Profile option as shown.
5. Then, click on the gear icon.
6. Now click on Login activity and you will now see your Instagram login history.
7. Now select the activity you want to delete and click on Logout.
This will delete that login activity from your Login history.
Also Read: How to Access Private Instagram Inspect Element
How Can You Delete Activity Log on Instagram
Instagram stores the information about your activities, the post and reels you have liked, stories you have replied to, and your comments on various posts, But if you want to delete your Activity Log on Instagram follow these simple steps provided below:
1. Open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android smartphone.
2. Go to your Instagram profile.
3. Tap on the hamburger menu icon.
4. Then, tap on Your activity option as before.
5. Under Your activity options menu, locate and tap on Interactions.
6. Now, select any Activity logs you want to delete:
- Story replies
7. For example, choose Likes option and check all the posts you want to unlike or delete.
8. Tap on the Unlike option at the bottom of your screen to remove the likes.
Hopefully, you have successfully deleted your Activity log on Instagram.
Also Read: How Do I Delete All Activity Log on Facebook
How Can You Delete Your Entire Activity Log
To delete your Activity Log on Instagram, follow these simple steps:
1. Launch the Instagram app and navigate to Your activity > Interactions as explained in the previous section.
2. Now, select all Activity log i.e. Comments, Likes, Story replies and Reviews one by one.
3. Check all the posts in the activity logs.
4. Tap on the Unlike option to remove the likes or Delete option to remove the comments with respect to the activity logs.
Hopefully, this will help you delete your entire activity history on Instagram.
Does Deleting Activity Log Delete Post?
No, deleting the activity log doesn’t delete posts made by you or others on your Instagram account timeline. But if you delete an activity such as your previous likes, comments and story replies then they are definitely going to be deleted.
Can Others See Your Activity Log on Instagram?
In earlier versions of Instagram, there was a feature of the activity log on Instagram which lets your friends or followers view your activity log on Instagram. But in the latest version of Instagram, this feature is removed. Now, no one will be able to see your activity log on Instagram.
Also Read: How to Hide Posts from Someone on Instagram
How Can You Retrieve deleted Activity Log on Instagram
If you want to restore your deleted Activity Log then here is the guide to help you retrieve deleted Instagram Activity Log.
1. Log into Instagram app on your iOS or Android smartphone.
2. Tap on the profile picture icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
3. Tap on the hamburger menu icon > Your activity options.
4. Under Your activity options, tap on Recently deleted.
5. Now Select the activity you want to retrieve and then, tap on the More option.
6. Finally, tap on Restore as shown.
Following these simple steps, you can successfully retrieve deleted Instagram Activity Log.
Can You See Other People’s Messages on Instagram?
No, you can’t see other people’s messages on Instagram because Instagram is end-to-end encrypted. Thus there is no way you can read someone else’s conversation and chats unless you have physical access to their phones. You can only see messages like text, images and gifs etc. that are sent to your Instagram account by other users.
However, there are various third-party apps and websites which claim to spy on someone’s account. They have mixed customer reviews and are not safe to use. Using such apps could also lead to a ban on your Instagram account.
How Can You Find a Hidden Instagram Account
To find a hidden Instagram account, try
- Searching for their username on the Instagram search bar, you might find the desired hidden account you were looking for.
- Using third-party applications and websites to search for a hidden Instagram account.
Must Read: How to View A Private Instagram Account
How Can You See If Someone is Active on Instagram Without Messaging Them
You can see if someone is active on Instagram without messaging them, you can check the last time that user uploaded a story or post. This is not a sure-shot method but it can give you an idea of whether that user was active on Instagram recently or not. We recommend our guide How to See Last Seen on Instagram to do the same.
With this simple guide, we are hoping that all your doubts based on how to delete your activity on Instagram are now solved. However, feel free to leave any questions, comments, or concerns in the comment section below, and we will do our best to answer them. Also, keep us updated on the following topics you want our next blog on.