Uber is an American company that offers mobility as a service, enabling customers to book a cab with a driver for transportation. It also offers food delivery through Uber Eats, and other services including package delivery, courier services, and rental of electric bicycles. Uber allows people to join them as Uber drivers as well. When you do, you receive more bookings and a commission from each booking. If you are an Uber driver and wondered how to cancel Uber driver account? Or Why is your Uber driver account blocked? To get answers to these most asked questions, read this article till the end. It will resolve all your doubts related to how to delete Uber driver account and the process to reapply to Uber after being deactivated. Let’s begin!
How to Delete Uber Driver Account
You can delete your Uber Driver account from the Help section of your Uber app. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
You can cancel your Uber Driver or Uber Partner account by following the steps provided below:
Note: Your Uber account will be instantly canceled after completing the below steps. But make sure you don’t log in to your Uber account for 30 days if you want to cancel your Uber account permanently. If you log in within 30 days, your Uber account will be reactivated and you have to repeat the deletion process once again.
Option I: Through Mobile App
1. Open the Uber mobile app on your device.
2. Tap on the profile icon from the top right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Help option.
4. Next, tap on Account and Payment Options as shown.
5. Tap on Changing my account settings option.
6. Now, locate and tap on the Delete my Uber account option shown highlighted.
7. Swipe down the terms & conditions page to locate and tap on the Delete my Uber Account link.
8. You will be redirected to Uber login page. Enter your registered email in the given field.
9. In your mail inbox, open the received Uber email and tap on the Login Request link to grant a login request to the Uber app.
10. After logging in, you will be redirected to the Delete my Uber account page. Here, swipe down and tap on the Continue option.
11. Now, select any desired reason for deleting your Uber account.
12. Finally, tap on Delete Account to delete your Uber account.
Also Read: How to Delete Uber History
1. Visit the Uber deactivation page on your browser.
2. Switch to Driving & Delivering tab and click on the Delete my account option as shown below.
3. Enter your phone number or email address to sign in to your account.
4. Then, follow the onscreen instructions to successfully cancel your Uber driver account.
Also Read: How to Delete Your Amazon Account
Can You Make a New Uber Account with the Same Phone Number?
Yes, you can make a new Uber account with the same phone number. But for doing so you have to disable or delete your old Uber account which was registered to the same phone number. Uber allows you to have only a single Uber account connected to that mobile number.
Is Uber Deactivation Permanent?
Yes, your Uber account will be instantly deactivated after completing the Uber account deletion procedure. Any unused credits, promotions, or incentives will be wiped after 30 days in addition to the permanent deletion of the information.
Within 30 days of deactivation, you can recover your account if you decide against deleting it. You can use that same account by simply signing in from your Uber app or the official Uber website with the old deactivated account credentials within 30 days.
Can You Reapply to Uber After Being Deactivated?
Yes, you can reapply to Uber after being deactivated as the Uber account deactivation process is not permanent until 30 days have passed after deleting it. You can recover your account within 30 days by signing in to your account with the account credentials.
Yes, you can cancel Uber driver account or delete your Uber driver account. But all of your Uber profiles, including your rider account and Uber Eats account, will be permanently lost.
From the Uber mobile app, you can easily remove your Uber account permanently. You have to just follow these steps:
1. Open the Uber mobile app and tap on the profile icon from the top right corner.
2. Tap on Help, as shown below.
3. Tap on Account and Payment Options > Changing my account settings.
4. Locate and tap on the Delete my Uber account option.
5. Then, swipe down and tap on the Delete my Uber Account link.
6. Enter your registered email in the given field and tap on the Login Request link from the Uber email you received.
7. From the redirected Delete my Uber account page, tap on Continue.
8. Choose any desired reason for deleting your account and tap on Delete Account.
Hopefully, you have successfully deleted or canceled your Uber account permanently following these simple steps.
Also Read: How to Delete Uber Eats Account
Can You Delete Your Uber Driver Account and Make a New One?
Yes, you can delete your Uber driver account and also make a new one from that same phone number. But once you have deleted your account, all the credits and cashback earned and stored in your old account would be lost.
If you are deleting and creating a new Driver account because you have moved out of your city, you don’t need to delete your Uber driver account. Uber has a feature using which you can just change the city you want to drive in.
If you delete your Uber account,
- you won’t be able to access any of Uber services, like cab rides and many more.
- all the credits and cashback earned and stored in your old account would be lost.
There could be several reasons why Uber Deactivates Drivers’ accounts. The following list includes a few of those:
- Average consumer rating is under 4.6: As a driver, your rating shows the quality of your work. And if your rating gets low, you will receive a warning and be moved under quality review if your star ratings are poor. Your Uber driver account will be deactivated if your ratings don’t improve.
- Violation of Uber community guidelines: The main reason why Uber deactivates drivers is if Uber think the driver is not following or violating their community guidelines.
- Severe complaints against you from Uber users: Uber takes complaints and suggestions very seriously. A serious complaint could be registered against a driver if he or she drives dangerous or has assaulted a passenger.
- Letting someone else drive your car: If you let your friend use your Uber driver account or let them drive your car, your Uber driver account might get deactivated by Uber as it is strictly against Uber guidelines.
- Your car documents are expired: To avoid issues, make sure to submit the most recent versions of your documents at least a week before they expire. These deactivations typically occur without warning, yet they are the simplest to restore.
So, these were the few reasons for Uber driver account blocked issue.
Also Read: Why Uber Won’t Accept My Debit Card?
Finding out why an account has been deactivated or how to reactivate it might be challenging at times. However, there are a few main reasons for account deactivation. But the main reason why Uber deactivates drivers is if the driver is violating community guidelines. So, this is the reason to Uber driver account blocked issue.
You can read Uber community guidelines here whose motto is Safety & Respect for all.
Uber has recently added this Hold feature to assist in verifying if the users’ accounts are active and have the money available to pay for their travel. The hold starts from the time when you book a ride for yourself, and your card is put on an authorization hold for the upfront fare. And the hold lasts till you reach your destination, and the final charge is debited from your card or account. This means that the Uber authorized Hold feature lasts from the time your request your ride to till the time you reach your destination, and your ride gets ended.
We hope that you learned about how to delete Uber driver account. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know what you want to learn about next.