PayPal provides online services using which individuals and businesses can send or receive money electronically. Are you a PayPal user and have wondered how to hide PayPal transactions or how you can check PayPal history? If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we bring you a helpful guide that will teach you how to delete PayPal history and archive PayPal transactions.
How to Delete PayPal History
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to delete PayPal history in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
No. PayPal only allows the sender and recipient to access the transaction details, like the amount of money transferred and the date when the transaction occurred. Hence, PayPal transactions are not public, but in cases such as deals relating to an online auction, classifieds website, public sale, or listing transactions could be public.
Also Read: How to Check PayPal Login Activity
Yes, you can hide your PayPal details like your name and many more.
Yes, you can check your PayPal history easily through PayPal mobile app or website.
No, you can’t hide any transaction on PayPal because it is necessary to show all transactions to ensure safety and security.
No, you can’t delete PayPal history.
Yes, you can archive PayPal transactions easily through the PayPal website. Also, a helpful guide is provided below on how to archive PayPal transaction history.
PayPal records or transaction history can go back up to 90 days or even more in a few cases related to disputes and claims.
If you are wondering how long PayPal stores your transaction history, you can view or download your transaction history around 90 days old. All you have to do is sign in to your PayPal account from the mobile app or browser. But PayPal generally stores transaction history for 18 months on their servers or even more in a few cases related to disputes and claims.
If you want to check PayPal history on PayPal mobile app or website. Here is a quick guide on how you can view your entire PayPal history in just a few easy steps.
Option I: On PayPal Mobile App
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Now, tap on the Payment Methods tab from the bottom navbar.
3. Tap on the Activity tab.
4. Then, tap on the Statement option.
5. To view your entire PayPal history, tap on the View all activity option.
Note: You can also select the custom duration for which you want to view your PayPal history.
If you are not getting enough information, Try viewing your PayPal activity in a web browser.
Also Read: How to Remove Card from PayPal
Option II: On PayPal Website
1. Open the PayPal Sign in page in your desktop browser and Log In to your PayPal account with your Email and Password.
2. Click on the Activity option from the top.
3. On the Activity page, you can find all your PayPal transaction history. Here you can also select the filter to see the desired duration transaction history.
Keep reading to learn how to delete PayPal history.
If you are looking for a way to archive your PayPal transactions, then you can easily do it from the PayPal website. Here is a guide on how can you archive PayPal transactions.
1. Visit the PayPal website on your browser.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Click on the Activity option from the top navbar.
3. On the Activity page, Click on the Download icon next to the search bar.
4. Click on the Custom option from the download detailed statements option.
5. From the Activity download tab, select the transaction type, date range, and the format in which you want to download the report.
6. Once all is done, click on the Create Report option.
7. PayPal will now create your report which may take a few seconds. Once the report is created successfully, click on the Download option.
This is how to archive PayPal transaction history from any browser in just a few clicks. Keep reading to learn how to delete PayPal history.
Also Read: How to Delete a PayPal Business Account
How Do I Archive Transaction History on PayPal? How to Archive PayPal Transactions?
You can follow the steps mentioned above to archive transaction history on Paypal.
To ensure safety and security, all the transactions made through PayPal or credit card should reflect on your monthly bank statement. So, PayPal doesn’t have a feature to hide PayPal transactions from your bank statement.
But you can link a new bank account that is not monitored to your PayPal account to solve this problem. Here is a quick guide to doing so.
1. Launch the PayPal app on your phone.
2. Log in to your PayPal account using your registered email address or phone number.
3. Now, tap on the Payment Methods > Link bank account and cards option.
4. Tap on the Bank accounts option to link a new bank account.
5. Now, Log in to the PayPal website on your mobile browser.
6. After entering all bank details, tap on the Link Your Bank option.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you to hide your PayPal transaction from the bank’s monthly statement.
Also Read: How to Change PayPal Account from Business to Personal
How to Delete PayPal History?
Unfortunately, PayPal doesn’t allow you to delete your account information like transaction history.
So, the only way to get rid of your PayPal history is to delete your PayPal account. And if you are wondering how to do so, read our guide on How to Delete PayPal Account.
How to Delete PayPal History on App?
As PayPal doesn’t provide any option to delete transaction history on mobile, you have to delete or close your PayPal account to get rid of the history. Follow these simple steps to delete PayPal history using the PayPal mobile app.
1. Launch the PayPal app and Log in to your account.
2. Now, tap on the profile icon from the top-left corner of the home screen.
3. Scroll all the way to the end and tap on the Close your account option.
4. After reading all the instructions carefully and marking the checkboxes, tap on the Close Account option to finally delete your PayPal transaction history.
We hope that you learned about how to delete PayPal history. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.