Telegram is one of the most popular apps across the globe. It is a multi-platform instant messaging app. Unlike the other instant messaging app, it allows users to create groups, call and video call contacts, and send stickers and files without restriction on file size. This feature enables users to share large-size videos and other files with friends and families. It also includes a feature called a channel. If you have not heard about it, this article will be the perfect guide for you. In this article, you will learn about Telegram channel and how to create Telegram channel on iPhone, Android and for business. Apart from that, you will also get answers to questions like how to create Telegram channel link.
How to Create Telegram Channel
Here, we have shown the steps to create Telegram channel on Android, iPhone, and for business in detail.
What is a Telegram Channel?
Telegram Channel is one of the features of Telegram that you can use as a tool to broadcast messages to a large audience. These messages reach every person or account added as a subscriber to the Channel. A channel can have an infinite number of subscribers. The Channel’s admin is the sole person who can send messages to the Channel. Organizations, businesses, or individuals can use a Channel to stay in touch with a larger group of people for various reasons. Let’s move on to see how to create Telegram channel on Android.
Creating a Telegram channel only involves a few steps. You can create Telegram channel on Android, iPhone, and desktop. We have listed below the steps to create a Telegram channel.
How to Create Telegram Channel on Android
Follow the below-mentioned steps to create a Telegram Channel:
1. Open the Telegram app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the Pencil icon at the right-hand bottom of the screen.
3. Tap on New Channel, the third option from the top.
4. Enter the Channel name.
5. Tap on the camera icon to add a display picture.
6. Add a description if you want any.
7. Now, tap on the tick sign in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
8. Tap on the Public Channel if you want a public channel.
9. Enter characters that you want to use to create a link and select the available link.
10. Tap on the Private Channel to create a private channel.
11. Copy or share the link to invite Telegram users to join the Channel.
12. Now, tap on the tick sign in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
13. Select the subscribers you want to add from your contact list by tapping the arrow icon on the right-hand bottom of your screen.
14. Your Channel will open like this, and you can start posting.
It’s how to create Telegram channel on an Android device. These steps must have also answered your question about how to create Telegram channel link. Now, we will look at how to create Telegram channel on iPhone.
Also Read: What is the difference between Telegram and Telegram X?
How to Create Telegram Channel on iPhone
Creating a Telegram channel on iPhone is as easy as creating a channel on Android. Follow the below-mentioned steps to create a Telegram channel on iPhone. Within these steps, you will also find steps for how to create Telegram channel link.
1. Open the Telegram app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Notepad icon on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the New Channel option, the third option from the top.
4. Enter the Channel name.
5. Tap on Continue.
6. Tap on the Public Channel if you want a public channel.
7. Enter characters that you want to use to create a link and select the available link.
8. Tap to turn on the toggle of the Restricted Saving Content option if you do not want the subscribers to copy, save and forward the content from this Channel.
9. Tap Next.
This is how your Telegram channel will look on your iPhone.
You can use these steps to create a channel on your iPhone. Moving further, we will see how to create Telegram channel for business.
How to Create a Telegram Channel on a Desktop
Below are the steps to create a Telegram account on a desktop.
1. Open the Telegram app on your desktop.
2. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the app.
3. Click on the New Channel option.
4. Enter the Channel name and add a display picture.
5. Add a description if you want to add any, and click on Create.
6. Tap on the Public Channel if you want a public channel.
7. Enter the characters as you want the link and select the available link.
8. Click on Save, then click on the invite via link to copy the link and share and add your contacts to subscribe to the Channel by clicking on the add option.
This is how your Channel will look, and you can start posting here.
Also Read: What is Slack Channel analytics?
How to Create Telegram Channel for Business
Creating a Telegram channel for business is the same as creating a Telegram channel. The only difference lies in the way of using it. Continue reading to learn how to create Telegram channel for business. We have listed the steps below:
Note: Make sure to use your business phone for setting up a business channel.
1. Download the Telegram app and install it on your device.
2. Tap on Start Messaging.
3. Enter the business phone number.
4. Enter the security code that you will receive.
5. Enter the name of your business.
6. Tap on the arrow icon at the right-hand bottom of the screen.
7. You will see the welcome message on the Telegram app.
8. Tap on the three horizontal lines to optimize the business account.
9. Tap on the profile icon in the top left corner.
10. Optimize the details about the business, like username, bio, and profile photo.
11. You can add more pictures here to display your business.
12. You can also use the QR code icon on the top right corner of the screen in your stores to enable the clients to also connect with your business virtually.
Now, create a channel following the steps mentioned above in the article. For using the Telegram channel for business, you will have to get the hang of the features like the type of channels, chat groups, Telegram bot, etc. A telegram bot is an auto-responder for the messages you will receive from your clients. You can easily use them by integrating them into your chats with Telegram Botfather or the Telegram API. You can also use third-party apps like Trengo, Invite member, respond.ai, and others to easily manage your business channels on Telegram.
Points to Consider While Creating a Telegram Account
Creating a channel on Telegram is not enough; you also need to be aware of points that can help you grow your Channel. We have listed these points below:
- The name of your Channel should be unique and easy to remember.
- Make sure to get a username that matches the name of the Channel.
- Update the content on the Channel regularly.
- You can only create 8 channels with a Telegram account.
Also Read: How to delete YouTube channel on Phone?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How to Create a Telegram Channel Link?
Ans. Telegram allows you to create a channel link while creating the Channel itself. You will find this step while selecting the private account. You can create a channel link by entering the desired characters only when it is available. You can go through this article to understand how to create a Telegram channel link exactly.
Q2. What is the advantage of having a Telegram channel?
Ans. The most important advantage of having a Telegram channel is that it allows users to have infinite subscribers. You can broadcast messages in the form of text, images, links, videos, and other file types. A Telegram account also enhances sales, revenue, product awareness, customer service, etc.
3. How does a Telegram channel differ from a Telegram group?
Ans. Although their functions look similar, they differ in a lot of ways. The only similarity between these two terms is of being to communicate with a larger audience at once. Telegram Channels can have infinite subscribers, whereas a Telegram group can have only up to 200,000 members. Only the admin can send messages in the Channel, but with the group, all the members have access to respond. Therefore, groups can connect with friends, family, colleagues, and employees, and channels can broadcast messages to a larger audience for business purposes.
This article was all about creating a channel on Telegram. We hope that this guide was helpful and that you learned how to create Telegram channel. Let us know if you found this article useful. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.