AirPods are manufactured by Apple and it has a number of features. They are durable and provide more range and connectivity. They also have amazing sound quality and Apple have come up with various AirPods models like AirPods 2nd generation, AirPods 3rd generation, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max. You can listen to your favorite songs, stream movies, and talk to your friend and family by using AirPods. Besides this many users wants to know how to connect AirPods with dead case. If you also want to know this then keep reading the article because we will not only discuss how you can connect AirPods with a case that is dead but also other questions like Why do I need a case for AirPods and more.
How to Connect AirPods with Dead Case
Connecting your AirPods when the case is dead will not create any problem if you have connected your AirPods with your phone earlier and if you have charged them. Moreover, you can also connect your AirPods without the case. To learn how to connect airpods with dead case follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, go to the Settings option located on the home screen of your phone. Then, with AirPods inside the case open the lid of your case and keep the case close to your device.
2. After that, tap on the connect tab.
3. Next, you will be told how to set up. If you have the AirPods Pro then you have to set up Siri on your phone first.
4. Then, the done message will be displayed on your screen which means that the pairing process is complete.
So, now you might be clear with the question of how to connect AirPods with dead case and also the fact that your AirPods would still function even though your AirPods case is not charged. But make sure that the batteries in your AirPods will die after some time. So, in this situation, you will have to insert them back in the case to let your AirPods and its case charge. You cannot connect a new phone with the dead case.
Why Do I Need a Case for AirPods?
The answer to the question why do I need a case for AirPods is discussed below:
- The case helps to charge your AirPods when they are dead or when they have a low battery and it also protects them from damage thus, they work as safe storage and a power bank.
- The AirPods case is required for the initial pairing to your devices.
- AirPods are very delicate and can be misplaced easily if they are not in the case thus, they are essential if you want to store your earbuds safely.
Also Read: How to Fix AirPods Connected to Mac but No Sound
Can You Use AirPods with Dead Case?
Yes, you can connect your AirPods if the case is dead. But in such a situation the AirPods should be charged. Besides that, also make sure that your AirPods are paired with your iPhone previously. If you want to connect them with a new device then you would require the case to establish the new connection. Also, be careful of the fact that the AirPods will run out of battery eventually thus you would need to put them in the case for recharging. So, the answer to can you use AirPods with dead case is yes. Besides this, you might also be clear on how to connect airpods with dead case.
Why Did My AirPods Case Die?
As we have already answered how to connect airpods with dead case, so now let’s discuss the reason why did my AirPods case die. So, the main cause for this is the battery drain. Battery drain occurs when the battery of your case deteriorates or gets weaker. The other possible reasons for battery drain are as follows:
- The AirPods case battery might drain fast if you leave the case lid open for too long or too often or if you keep them out of the case even if you are not using them.
- It also drains faster if you let the battery deplete completely before recharging it again. So, make sure that before the battery level reaches 20% you charge the AirPods case to preserve it for a longer period.
- If Battery optimization is switched off for your AirPods and also if dust and grim are there in your charging case and the AirPods then also this issue can be caused.
Also Read: How to Fix AirPods Connected but Sound Coming from Phone
How to Fix the AirPods Battery Drain Issue
Besides learning how to connect AirPods with dead case now let’s learn how you can fix the AirPods battery drain issue, to resolve the battery drain issue follow the methods given by us below:
Method 1: Disable Automatic Ear Detection on iPhone
To disable automatic ear detection on your device, abide by the steps given below:
1. Before starting make sure that AirPods are connected to your device.
2. After that, navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
3. Then, select the Bluetooth option and find your AirPods under My Devices and then Tap on the i icon.
4. Consequently, find the Automatic Ear Detection option and toggle off this feature.
Method 2: Reset AirPods on iPhone
You can try resetting AirPods on your device to fix the problem you are facing. To reset AirPods on your iPhone follow the steps given below:
1. First, navigate to the Settings option on your iPhone and then tap on the Bluetooth option and locate your AirPods.
2. Then, tap on the i icon located on the right and select Forget This Device option and then confirm your choice.
3. After that, place your AirPods in the charging case, and keep the lid open, after that press and hold the setup button located on the backside of your case till the time status light continuously blinks amber and then white.
4. Next, your AirPods should go into pairing mode immediately. By holding AirPods close to your iPhone, you will see a pop-up message then tap on Connect option.
Method 3: Use AirPods Battery Optimization
You can also use the AirPods battery optimization feature to fix this issue. Follow the steps mentioned below to learn how you can enable this feature:
1. First, you will have to connect your AirPods to your device and then navigate to the Settings option.
2. Next, navigate to the Bluetooth option.
3. After that, enable the Optimized Battery Charging option.
Also Read: How to Clean iPhone Charging Port with Alcohol
Method 4: Always Place AirPods in Case
The input from the sensors of both the right and the left AirPods makes them work. So, when you keep them out of the case then this causes battery draining because in such a situation the sensors are in the vigilant position because the user might put the earbuds into their ear anytime. Thus, we suggest that you put your AirPods in their case when you are not using them because it not only improves the overall battery life but also protects your AirPods from damage.
Method 5: Don’t Fiddle with the Case
It has been warned by Apple itself that when you open and close the case repeatedly then that can reduce its battery charge. So, we advise you that you should not fiddle with the case. Also, make sure that you do not keep your AirPods in extreme weather as the batteries do not perform well in extreme heat or cold, and these extreme conditions can also lead to long-term damage. So, make sure that you keep your AirPods out of direct sunlight and store them in a place that does not get very cold overnight.
Method 6: Listen to One AirPod at a Time
You use the AirPod power at half rate if you make use of a single earbud in spite of both at once. So, in this case in which only one earbud is working and the other one is being charged then you never have to stop listening to your favorite songs, music, etc, till the time the case itself is drained. Besides this don’t use your AirPods at full volume. If you own AirPods Pro then they should last around 5 hours, this is based on a maximum volume of 70%. But if you have the Noise Cancellation feature turned on, then you should not need to turn the volume more than 50%. If your AirPods volume is more than 80%, then the battery life will be lower, and it can affect your ears.
Also Read: How to Fix AirPods Won’t Reset Issue
Method 7: Update AirPods to Latest Firmware
It is essential to update the AirPods to the latest version because if you do not then that might also cause the battery draining issue. Firmware updates for AirPods are delivered periodically while your AirPods are charging and when they are connected to Bluetooth on your device thus you do not have to update your AirPods. To use your iPhone to see that your AirPods are updated make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. Navigate to Settings > Bluetooth, then choose the Info button next to your AirPods name. After that, scroll down to the About section to look for the firmware version.
Method 8: Replace AirPods Battery
If your AirPods have a faulty battery then also this issue can be caused. So, in this situation change your AirPods because it is impossible to replace the AirPods battery. You might also be clear on how to connect AirPods with dead case.
Can You Charge AirPods With Someone Else’s Case?
The answer to the question can you charge AirPods with someone else’s case is Yes. It is possible that you can charge your AirPods in a different charging case. But make sure that the case in which you are placing your AirPods is charged or you can connect the case to the charging device like USB to lightning cable.
While looking at the status light located at the center of the AirPods charging case when you open it, you can figure out the charging of the Airpods case. The status light depicts the charge status of the AirPods when they are in it and the charge of the case when AirPods are not inside them. If the green light is shown then that means that the device is charged fully. Amber light shows that the device is not fully charged. A white light indicates that you can pair your AirPods with a device.
If you wish to know the accurate battery status then place them in the case but make sure that you keep the lid open. Consequently, a pop-up message showing the battery status of both earbuds will be displayed on your iPhone screen when you bring your phone closer to the charging case. Besides this you can also connect AirPods with dead case, the method of how to connect AirPods with dead case is already discussed above.
Also Read: Why are My Notifications Not Making Sound on iPhone?
How To Connect to An Alternative Case
To learn how you can connect earbuds with an alternative case follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First of all ensure that the light outside the AirPods case is on. This status light should be green because the green light signals that the case has enough power to charge your AirPods.
2. After that, open the lid of the charging case and put your AirPods in the new case. Make sure that they fit into this case because if they don’t then your AirPods will not charge.
3. Now you need to pair your AirPods with the case by holding the setup button for a few seconds.
4. Then, wait until the led status light flashes to amber. As soon as the status light flashes, open your case next to your phone. Consequently, pop-up instructions will now appear on your phone and select connect.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. When AirPods are in a case, do they lose battery?
Ans. The answer to the question do AirPods lose battery when they are placed in their case is No. Your AirPods will charge instead of losing battery when they are in the charging case.
Q2. Why is it that my AirPod case is deteriorating so quickly?
Ans. The reason for this can be that the lithium-ion battery is not as powerful as it was once.
Q3. Can AirPods Be Charged Without the Case?
Ans. The answer to can you charge your AirPods without having the case is no. If you have lost or damaged the case then you will have to buy a new AirPod case. But your AirPods can be connected with dead case, the steps of how to connect AirPods with dead case are already discussed above.
Q4. Can AirPods Be Overcharged?
Ans. No, the AirPods cannot get overcharged. So, once the battery level reaches 100%, then they stop charging and do not charge further.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article as we have discussed how to connect AirPods with dead case, can you use AirPods with dead case and more. We keep coming up with interesting information for our readers. If you have any suggestions or queries then type them in the comment section below.