Roku is an American hardware and software company that makes streaming devices. If you own a Roku device or a TV, you need a Roku account to start. If you already have a Roku account and want to change it, this article will help you with that. It will help you know how to change your Roku account and solve your other queries like whether can you have multiple accounts on one Roku, how to switch accounts on Roku, and how to change the owner of your Roku. So, let’s dive in!
How to Change Your Roku Account
Roku makes TVs, audio devices, video-streaming devices, and other accessories. Users can watch all their favorite video-streaming services like Netflix, Vudu, and many others in one place. You need to take a monthly subscription to watch all your favorite shows, movies, and other content. Continue reading to learn how to change your Roku account.
Can You Have Multiple Accounts on One Roku?
No, you can’t have multiple accounts on one Roku. You can link multiple devices with one account, but you can’t link multiple accounts with one device. Even if you want to change your current account with the new account, you need to do a factory reset to clear your current account. Now you know whether can you have multiple accounts on one Roku.
Can You Add Another Account to Your Roku?
Yes, you can add another account to your Roku. To do so, you’ll need to first log out of the previous account on the device and then log in with a new account. You can link up to 20 devices to one account, but you can only use one device simultaneously.
How Do You Find Your Roku Account?
To find your Roku account, follow these below-mentioned steps:
Note: It works with every browser.
1. Press the Home button on the remote.
2. Scroll down and choose Settings.
3. Choose System.
4. Choose About to find your email and password.
Also Read: How to Cancel HBO on Roku
How Do You Switch Accounts on Roku?
To change your Roku account or switch accounts on Roku, first, you need to factory reset the device. Follow these steps:
1. On the Roku remote, press the Home button and select Settings.
2. Now, go to System options.
3. Locate and select Advanced system settings.
4. Then, select Factory reset > Factory reset everything.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions, if any.
6. Turn on your TV and Roku device.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions until the code appears on the screen.
8. Once the code appears, go to the Roku Link Code page and log in to your account in a browser.
9. Enter the code that appeared on your TV screen and click on Submit.
10A. If you don’t have an account, then click on No, I need to create one and follow the further steps.
10B. If you already have an account, click on Yes, I already have one, and log in using your credentials.
Now your device is linked, and you can turn on your Roku device and TV to update the content of your previous account.
How Do You Replace Your Old Roku With a New One?
To replace your old Roku with a new one, follow the steps mentioned below. Make sure you are logged out of your account on your old device.
How to Change Your Roku Account?
To know how to change your Roku account, follow these steps:
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote control.
2. Scroll down to access Settings.
3. Select System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset > Factory reset everything.
4. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
5. Switch on your Roku and TV and follow the instructions on the screen until the code appears.
6. After the code is displayed, navigate to the Roku Link Code page and log in to your account in your browser.
7. Type in the code on your TV screen and click the Submit option.
8A. If you don’t already have an account, click on No, I need to establish one, and then go to the next step to create account. That is how to change your Roku account using your Roku device.
8B. If you already have an account, select Yes, I already have one. Then, enter your log in information.
Your device is now connected, and you may use your TV and device to update the content of your prior account.
Also Read: How Do I Change My Xbox One Account from Child to Parent
How Do You Change the Owner of Your Roku?
Changing the owner of your device is the same as changing or switching the account after a factory reset. You can follow the above-mentioned steps to do that successfully on your Roku device.
How Do You Link a New Roku Account?
After knowing how to change your Roku account, you can link a new Roku account by following these steps:
1. Switch on your Roku and TV.
2. Follow the directions on the screen until the code appears.
3. After the code is displayed, navigate to the Roku link code page in your browser.
4. Enter the code, displayed on your TV screen, and click the Submit button.
5. Click on Yes, I already have one.
6. Enter your Roku email and password and click on Sign in.
7. Now, your device is linked. Follow the on-screen instructions on the website, and add your channels.
Wait for the channels to update on your Roku device. Once done adding channels, then you are good to go. Read the next section to learn how to change your Roku account.
Also Read: 19 Amazing Hacks to Hack Roku to Get Free Channels
Can you Delete a Roku Account?
Yes, you can delete a Roku account by just logging into your account. Once your account is deleted, you can’t restore it. All the purchases and subscriptions you have will be erased forever. If you ever wish to return, you’ll need to create a new account to get started.
How Do You Log Out of Your Roku Account on Your TV?
To log out of your Roku account on your TV, you’ll need to do a factory reset of your Roku account on your TV. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Press the home button on your Roku remote.
2. Using the navigation buttons on your remote, go to Settings.
3. Go to System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.
4. Then, select Factory reset everything.
5. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the factory reset process.
Note: You can also use your Roku device to do a factory reset. Just press and hold the Reset button on your Roku device for about 10 seconds, and after a while, your device will automatically get reset and turn on.
Can You Use Your Roku at Someone Else’s House?
Yes, you can use your Roku at someone else’s house. You need to have your Roku device, which you can then connect to the TV’s HDMI port and a Wi-Fi connection for the Roku device to work. Wherever you are in this world, you’ll need a TV, a Roku device, and a Wi-Fi connection, and you can enjoy your shows and movies anywhere and anytime. Read this article from the start to learn how to change the owner of your Roku.
So, we hope you have understood how to change your Roku account and change the owner of your Roku with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.