Unfortunately, Discord does not allow users to change their username color. However, you can change the color of your nickname in a server by right-clicking your name and selecting the “Change Nickname” option. From there, you can select a color from the drop-down menu.
Discord is an interesting medium that gives game enthusiasts a chance to meet and connect with people from around the world. The best thing about the platform is its servers where you can discuss games of your choice. Other than that, there is a fascinating feature that involves recognizing people on Discord based on their colors. In this doc today, we will discuss how to change username color on Discord and most importantly, how to change name color on Discord with multiple roles. So, without further ado, let us get started with adding some colors to Discord usernames.
How to Change Username Color on Discord
Here, you will get to know about how to change username color on Discord.
To change username color on Discord, follow these steps:
1. Open Discord and navigate to the server where you want to change your username color.
2. Click on the server settings icon, and select Server Settings from the menu.
3. Select the Roles tab.
4. Click the plus icon to add a new role.
5. Name the role whatever you’d like and select a color for it. This will be the color of your username.
6. Finally, click on Save Changes.
Who Can Change the Username Color on Discord?
Discord has a unique feature where you can change the username color. You can choose from a list of colors to highlight your username. However, not everybody can change their username color. In case you want to add some color, you must be the admin of a server. Only admins have been given permission to change username color and access other features of the server. Also, the username color depends on the role of the person. Once the role is assigned to a user in the server, they will inherit the color set aside, especially for that role. Therefore, if you want a specific color for your username, you must have a word with the server admin about it.
How to Change Username Color on Discord as Admin
As you know by now, server admins have this special ability where they can assign roles and therefore, username colors that come with them. So, if you are an admin of a server and want to assign username colors to roles, follow the steps given below:
1. First, launch the official Discord website on your PC.
2. Now, log into your account and right-click on your server name to open Server Settings.
3. Next, click on the Roles tab on the left pane.
4. Here, click on the Create Role button.
5. Now, enter a name in the ROLE NAME tab.
6. Then, under ROLE COLOR, select a suitable color for the role assigned.
7. Now, click on the Save Changes button.
8. Now that you have created a role, assign it to a member of the server.
Also Read: How to Leave Discord Server on PC
How to Change Username Color on Discord Using Leveling Up
Another method that can help you with changing username colors is leveling up. This involves using a bot to upgrade your username color once you have reached some points in your Discord account automatically. There are many bots that you can use for this method.
Note: Leveling up method is only suitable for Discord users with some points.
1. Add a bot of your choice to your Discord. You can easily find suitable bots on the internet for your Discord server.
2. Next, open the bot in Discord.
3. Now, enter your username and the name of the color that you would like to have on Discord.
4. Then, wait for the bot to change your username color.
How to Change Name Color on Discord with Multiple Roles
If you have multiple members on a Discord server, it is possible to change colors for them all. You can easily change their username color with the help of the following steps:
1. Launch the official Discord website on your PC.
2. Now, right-click on the server name of your choice from the left pane.
3. Next, click on Server Settings from the menu.
4. From the left tab, click on Roles.
5. Then, click on the blue Create Role button.
6. Next, assign the ROLE NAME and ROLE COLOR of your choice.
7. Once done, click on the green Save Changes button at the bottom.
8. Now that the role has been assigned with a color, click on the Members tab under the USER MANAGEMENT section.
9. Then, click on the plus sign beside each username.
10. Finally, assign them the role with username color to them.
Repeat the process of assigning colored username roles to multiple members of the server.
Also Read: How to Mute Someone on Discord as Admin
How to Change Name Color on Discord Without Roles
Changing username colors on Discord as an admin is extremely easy. You can offer multiple people on your server their assigned username color conveniently with the help steps given above. This is only possible if you have first assigned roles to members and that too with admin privileges as Discord is a hierarchy setup and your role should be higher up for the color to show. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the name color without roles. So, if you are looking for wondering about how to change name color on Discord without roles, sadly the answer is it is not possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it possible to change my username color even if I am not an admin?
Ans. Unfortunately, on Discord, you can only change the username color if you are an admin of the server. However, if you want to change your username color without being an admin, you can ask and request the server admin to assign you a role with the color of your choice.
Q2. Why are usernames of different colors in Discord?
Ans. Usernames are assigned different colors in Discord based on the person and their role. These are assigned by the admin of the server who makes sure to separate server members according to their hierarchy. This is also done to avoid role confusion and differentiate people in a server.
Q3. Can I make a text look different in Discord?
Ans. Yes, you can make a text look different in Discord. This can be done by using code blocks. To do so, put a backstick at the end of each side of your text. This will help you put your text in a new kind of font and will also give it a darker background to separate it from other messages.
Q4. Can I make a text rainbow in Discord?
Ans. Making text rainbow in Discord is impossible but you can surely use a workaround to achieve this type of text. It involves using Markdown language in the background for text formatting. In this, your text will stand out, like in bold or italics. Also, you can highlight with color with the help of highlight.js feature.
Q5. Can I change Discord’s color appearance?
Ans. Yes, you can change Discord color theme by accessing Appearance in User Settings. In it, you can select color themes of your choice to apply in Discord.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to change username color on Discord. We hope that you were able to change the username color in Discord with the help of the elaborative steps discussed above. Do leave your thoughts and more queries with us in the comments section below.
How to Change Username Color on Discord
Discord is a popular chat platform used by gamers and non-gamers alike. It allows users to communicate with each other in real-time, either through text or voice chat. One of the features of Discord is the ability to change your username color. This can be done in a few simple steps.
Step 1: Log into Discord
The first step is to log into your Discord account. You can do this by going to the Discord website or by downloading the Discord app on your device.
Step 2: Go to User Settings
Once you are logged in, click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. This will open up the User Settings menu. From here, click on the “Appearance” tab.
Step 3: Change Username Color
In the Appearance tab, you will see an option to change your username color. Click on the color you want and it will be applied to your username. You can also choose to have a random color assigned to your username.
Step 4: Save Changes
Once you have chosen the color you want, click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page. This will apply the changes to your username and you will now have a new color.
Changing your username color on Discord is a simple process. All you need to do is log into your account, go to the User Settings, choose the color you want, and save the changes. Now you can have a unique username color that stands out from the rest.