TikTok is the worldwide popular vertical short video sharing and viewing platform. Even though it is popular around the globe, in some countries, it has been banned completely. Well, for such users, there’s still a way to use TikTok: a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Using the VPN, you can change the location of your device virtually while still physically staying at your place. You can select the country where the TikTok service works based on your preference and use it then. Anyone can use VPN on their device, but make sure to use a trusted and working VPN. If you are someone who wants to use TikTok on their device but by changing its location, then this article will guide you in steps to know how to change TikTok location with VPN. And for those who want to watch the TikTok content of the different regions, this article will also guide you in steps to know how to change location on TikTok. If the location or the region change is not working, you will learn what are the reasons why TikTok region change not working.
How to Change Location on TikTok
VPN is hands-down the best way to access geo-blocked content without risking your identity or privacy. There are multiple free options available on the internet that you can use immediately with just a few clicks. So, if you were missing the short-form entertaining content on TikTok, VPN can serve it on a platter for you. Read this article until the end to learn more about the same.
Why am I Getting the Account does Not Belong to the Same Country as the Shop TikTok?
The reasons for getting the account does not belong to the same country as the shop TikTok error are:
- It might be that TikTok is unavailable in your region.
- There might be some temporary glitch in the TikTok app.
- Tiktok might be facing server downtime.
- It can be because you are currently in a different country and trying to use the same TikTok app without reinstalling it.
- The faulty and corrupted cache of the TikTok app may be causing this issue.
- Due to a poor internet connectivity issue and network issue, your device won’t be able to fetch the current device location and thus show an error.
These were the reasons why you are getting the account does not belong to the same country as the shop TikTok error.
Also Read: Why Does My TikTok Say Under Review?
Can I Change Location on TikTok?
Yes, you can change location on TikTok. If you just want to watch TikTok videos of a different country, region, or language than yours, you can easily add a new preference for the country by just going to the TikTok app settings. But if the TikTok app doesn’t work in your country, or you just want to switch its location then you can use the VPN to switch the location on the TikTok app. Changing location on TikTok is not complicated but a bit tricky you can find the steps mentioned in the heading how to change location on TikTok using VPN.
Is There Any Lock for TikTok Region?
Yes, TikTok is region locked. Nonetheless, you can change that through app settings or by using a VPN.
Why is TikTok Region Change Not Working?
The reasons why is TikTok region change not working are:
- The VPN you are using to change the region is not working because it’s a fake VPN app.
- The location to which you have set on your VPN is the location where TikTok is banned.
- Your GPS is on which is fetching your current location and even by using the VPN app, you are unable to change the location.
- The VPN app you are using doesn’t work with TikTok.
- The cookies used by TikTok is revealing your current location.
How to Change TikTok Location with VPN?
To know how to change TikTok location with VPN, just follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open the Proton VPN app on your Android smartphone.
2. Select the desired country server on your screen.
3. Tap on the power icon to connect to the servers.
4. Next, navigate to your Phone’s App drawer.
5. Tap and hold the TikTok app until the option appears.
6. Tap on App info > Clear data > OK.
7. Launch the TikTok app on your Android device and sign in using your credentials.
Also Read: How to Fake or Change Your Location on Snapchat
How to Change Location on TikTok? How Do I Change My Location on TikTok?
There can be several reasons someone wants to change their location on TikTok. It might be to access endless entertaining TikTok videos of creators from every corner of the world. It can also be because the app is currently unavailable in your country. Nonetheless, you can change your location easily with the steps mentioned above.
How to Change Location on TikTok Android?
If you want to change your location on TikTok, all you have to do is download and install the Proton VPN app on your smartphone. once you do that, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Launch the Proton VPN app and select the desired country server.
2. Then, tap on the power icon for the desired server.
3. Now, tap-hold the TikTok app icon from the App drawer on your phone and tap on App info from the ensuing options.
4. Tap on Clear data > OK.
5. Then, open the TikTok app and Sign in to your account with the changed location.
Also Read: How Do I Change My Profile Picture On TikTok
How to Change Location on TikTok iPhone?
To know how to switch location on TikTok iPhone, here are the steps to follow:
1. Launch Proton VPN app on your iPhone.
2. Choose a country and tap on the power icon to connect to the server.
3. Go to your iPhone Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
4. Tap on the TikTok app from the list.
5. Tap on the Offload App option.
6. Now, open the App Store and search TikTok in the search bar.
7. Tap on the download icon to install TikTok on your iPhone.
8. Launch the TikTok app on your iPhone and log in with your credentials.
This is how can you change TikTok location with VPN on your iPhone.
How Do I Change My Location to Get Views in Another Country TikTok?
To know how to change location on TikTok on Android or iPhone, you must follow the steps mentioned earlier in the article. VPN is a great option as it conceals your true identity so that no one can track what you are browsing on the internet.
We hope that this article has helped you in knowing how to change location on TikTok and what is the reason why you are getting the account does not belong to the same country as the shop TikTok error. Please share your valuable experience with us if you found this article helpful. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding the article, please write to us in the comment section below.