Changing your father’s name in your EPF (Employee Provident Fund) account is a simple process that can be done online. This guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to change your father’s name in your EPF account. It is important to note that you must have your father’s name correctly registered in your EPF account in order to receive any benefits or withdrawals from the account. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you will be able to quickly and easily update your father’s name in your EPF account.
How to Change Father Name in EPF Online
1. Log in to the EPFO portal using your UAN and password.
2. Click on the ‘Manage’ tab and select ‘Modify Basic Details’.
3. Enter your UAN and click on ‘Get Details’.
4. Enter the correct details of your father’s name and click on ‘Save’.
5. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Validate OTP and Save’.
6. Your father’s name will be updated in the EPF database.
It is not possible to change an employee’s father’s name in EPF online, to change your father’s name in the EPF portal you need to submit PF joint declaration form to your regional PF office. At present, it is the only solution to correct the wrong father name in the EPF portal.
If your father’s name is not yet updated in the UAN portal, then you can request your employer to update your father’s name on their employer UAN portal, but if your father’s name is wrong then you have to use PF joint declaration form to correct it.
Download PF Joint Declaration Form
How to Fill PF Joint Declaration Form to Correct Father Name
Sometimes EPF officers will ask you to submit a request letter along with the PF joint declaration form.
Here is the format to request father name correction in your EPF account.
The EPF regional office,
EPF office address.
Sub: Request for father name correction.
My name is _________(your name), UAN : 100XX1234767, PF member id : GRVSP00780XX00000000123, working at __________(company name).
My father’s name has been wrongly mentioned in my PF account as Koduru Raghu, but his actual name is Koduru Raghuram.
Here I would like to request you to kindly correct my father’s name to Koduru Raghuram.
I shall be grateful to you in this regard.
How to Update Missing Father Name or Husband Name in EPF Account
To update the missing name of father or husband, contact your employer, they will update their name in their employer PF account, it is an easy process and doesn’t require any approval from EPFO.
Step 1: Go to the employer PF portal.
Step 2: Click on the member profile under the member option in the primary menu.
Step 3: Now enter the UAN or PF number of the employee, whose details you want to update, and click on search.
Step 4: Now click on the missing details option and update the missing father name/husband name or any other details.
Step 5: After updating the details click on update missing details.
How much time will it take to correct/change the father’s name in the EPF account?
It will take 20-30 days from the date of submitting the joint declaration form to your PF office.
Whose signatures are required on PF joint declaration form?
Employee signature (EPF member) and the signature of the authorized person in the company i.e the name of the person that company has given while registering for the EPF act.
What happens if I don’t correct my father’s name in my PF account?
You will face problems while KYC linking, PF and pension withdrawals, and mostly nominees will face problems in case of the unfortunate death of the EPF member.
Can I send PF joint declaration form through courier to correct my father’s name?
Yes, you can send the joint declaration form through courier to your regional PF office.
PF claim rejected due to father name mismatch What is this error?
If your father’s name in your PF account and bank account doesn’t match then your PF claim will be rejected by showing the above reason. In this case, you have to correct your father’s name in your PF account.
If your father’s name is wrong in the bank account then you have to correct it in your bank, by visiting your bank’s branch.
You may also like
How to Change Father Name in EPF Online
The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a retirement savings scheme managed by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). It is a mandatory contribution from both the employer and the employee. The EPF is a great way to save for retirement, but it is important to keep your details up to date. If you need to change your father’s name in your EPF account, you can do so online.
Steps to Change Father Name in EPF Online
- Visit the EPFO website and log in to your account.
- Once you are logged in, click on the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Under the ‘Manage’ tab, click on the ‘Modify Basic Details’ option.
- You will be taken to a page where you can modify your basic details. Here, you can change your father’s name.
- Enter your new father’s name and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your request will be processed and your father’s name will be changed in your EPF account.
Things to Keep in Mind
- You will need to provide proof of your father’s name change, such as a copy of your birth certificate or a copy of your father’s death certificate.
- You will also need to provide proof of your identity, such as a copy of your PAN card or Aadhaar card.
- It may take up to 10 days for your request to be processed.
Changing your father’s name in your EPF account is a simple process that can be done online. However, it is important to keep in mind that you will need to provide proof of your father’s name change and proof of your identity. Once your request is processed, your father’s name will be changed in your EPF account.