MoneyPaks can be bought with cash at a participating merchant and used to reload other prepaid cards, recharge a PayPal account without a bank account, or send payments to big businesses on the same day. Prepaid cards from Green Dot are an excellent option for customers who wish to have more control over their spending without having to deal with a conventional bank. If you are a user of the Green Dot card and wondered how to cancel Green Dot Visa card or close Green Dot prepaid card? We are bringing you a helpful guide that will resolve all your doubts related to how to cancel Green Dot card. You will learn whether Green Dot cards refundable or not. Ensure you read this post until the end so you don’t miss any important information. Let’s begin!
How to Cancel Green Dot Card
You can cancel your Green Dot card from the Manage cards settings menu from the Green Dot app. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Are Green Dot Cards Safe?
Yes. Green Dot cards are safe and secure cards. When utilized properly, Green Dot cards are a credible product. Green Dot Card is a Prepaid Debit Card. Similar to a credit or debit card, a prepaid card can be used to purchase products and services. Prepaid cards and credit and debit cards differ primarily in that the former doesn’t require a connection to savings, checking, or credit account with a financial institution like a bank. Green Dot Cards are accepted at most places because they are Visa cards.
Can You Cancel Green Dot Card?
Yes, you can cancel your Green Dot Card. Green Dot lets you easily cancel your Green Dot card if you want to do so.
How Can You Cancel Your Green Dot Visa Card?
Here are the steps you should follow to cancel Green Dot Visa card:
Option I: Through Green Dot Mobile App
1. Open Green Dot app on your device.
2. Tap on the Settings option at the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on Manage card.
4. Under the Manage card menu, tap on the Close Your Account option.
5. Choose the desired option to get a refund of the funds available on your Green Dot account before closing it.
Note: If you choose the Use my balance option, you can spend all the available money. After your account has zero balance, it will be closed automatically. You can also choose the Get cash now option and pick up cash from any Walmart account only if your Green Dot card balance exceeds $22.25 . The other option is Get a refund check.
Option II: Through Green Dot Website
1. Visit the official Green Dot Card Banking website.
2. Click on Log In from the top right corner.
3. Enter your User ID and Password and click on LOGIN.
4. Click on Security.
5. Then, click on the Close your Account option.
6. Choose a desired option from the following options:
- Use my balance
- Get cash now
- Get a refund check
Also Read: How to Cancel ATT Prepaid Plan
How Can You Cancel Your Prepaid Visa Card?
The simplest way to cancel your prepaid Visa card is to directly call the Customer Care of the issuer directly at this toll-free number (866) 795-7597 and ask them to cancel your prepaid Visa Card. But if you want to do it online, follow the steps mentioned above.
How Can You Cancel Your Green Dot Account Online?
If you have a Green Dot account and cards but don’t use them anymore, they are unused and may be deducting monthly fees from your account without your consent. Therefore, it is time to close the account if you no longer require it. Here are the steps you should follow to cancel your Green Dot account online:
1. Visit the Gmail website and click on Compose to compose a new email.
2. In the Subject section, type Request to Delete My Account.
3. Add [email protected] as recipient.
4. Write the body of the email and explain why you want to close your account.
Note: If they can do so, ask them to remove your contact information from their system.
Also Read: How Do I Cancel My Instacart Shopper Account
How Can You Cancel a Pending Green Dot Card?
If you want to cancel any pending transaction or cancel a pending Green Dot card, you can do it in simple steps. Follow the below steps to cancel Green Dot card:
1. Log in to your Green Dot Card account in a browser.
2. Click on the Transaction History option under your Accounts menu.
3. Select the desired pending transaction you want to cancel and click on Cancel.
4. Now, click on Confirm to finally close a pending transaction.
How Can You Cancel Your Walmart Green Dot Card?
A prepaid debit card called the Walmart Money Card was released by Green Dot Corp. and is distributed at Walmart locations all around the country. Hence, this card is also known as Walmart Green Card. But if you want to cancel your Walmart Green Dot card, follow the steps below.
1. Launch the Walmart MoneyCard app on your device.
2. Swipe down and tap on Settings.
3. Tap on Manage Card.
4. Tap on Close your Account.
Note: You can also contact customer service at 877-937-4098 to cancel your Walmart MoneyCard.
Also Read: What is the Zip Code for Prepaid Card?
How to Close Green Dot Prepaid Card?
Follow the below method to close Green Dot prepaid card:
1. Launch the Green Dot app on your device.
2. Select Settings > Manage Card > Close your Account.
3. Select the desired option to get a refund of the funds.
Are Green Dot Cards Refundable?
Yes, Green Dot cards are refundable.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Refund on Green Dot Card?
If you have requested a refund, check from the Green Dot card because you want to close your Green Dot account for any reason. Then, it takes less than 7 business days to get a refund on the Green Dot card.
How Can You Contact Green Dot?
You can contact Green Dot by contacting Customer Support at (866) 795-7597 or through emails at [email protected]. Also, you can click on the Help icon option on the official Green Dot website to chat with a customer executive from Green Dot.
We hope that you learned about how to cancel Green Dot card. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.