You might be surprised to learn how much content Prime Video offers. Read on for all the information you want regarding Prime Video if you’re ready to stream blockbuster films, hit television shows, prestigious Amazon Originals, exclusive channels, and sports. The Amazon Prime subscription costs $14.99 per month or $139 annually for an individual and includes Prime Video. For an individual in India, Prime Video costs 179 per month or 1499 per year. To prevent your free trial from converting to a full Amazon Prime subscription, you can cancel it or discontinue your Amazon Prime membership. If you are looking to cancel Prime Video subscription, you are at the right place! Read more to find out how to cancel Amazon Prime Video channels and cancel Amazon Prime on phone.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Video
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to cancel Prime Video in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can I Cancel Amazon Prime Video Channels?
Yes, you can cancel prime video channels. Online cancellation of your Prime Video Channel memberships is possible. You can add more than a dozen channels from different service providers on top of your standard Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video has established itself as a one-stop shop for all of your entertainment needs. You need an Amazon Prime membership to watch Prime Video Channels. Your memberships to the Prime Video Channel also expire if you cancel your Amazon Prime membership.
How to Cancel Prime Video Channels?
Here’s how to cancel Prime Video channels on the Prime Video website:
1. Visit the Amazon Prime Video website and Sign in to your account.
2. Click on the Profile from the top right corner, as shown below.
3. Then, click on the Account & Settings option.
4. Click on the Channels tab, as shown.
5. Click on the Cancel Channel option next to the channel you want to cancel.
6. Confirm the following prompt by clicking on the Cancel Channel option.
7. Follow the onscreen instructions to cancel the channels.
The confirmation screen shows the expiration date of your subscription. Up until that time, you can go back and cancel. You won’t be billed for the channel’s content beyond the end date, and you won’t have access to it either. There is no reimbursement for any already paid subscription fees when a subscription is canceled. Now we hope you know how to cancel Amazon Prime Video channels.
Also Read: Fix Amazon Prime Video Buffering Issue
How to Cancel Prime Video Channels on App?
Let’s see the steps to cancel Prime Video channels on the app.
1. Launch the Amazon Prime Video app on your device.
2. Tap on the Profile icon from the top right corner.
3. Then, tap on the Settings gear icon.
4. Tap on Manage your Prime Video Channels.
5. Locate and tap on the desired channel you want to cancel.
6. Tap on the Cancel Channel option.
If you are given the option to accept a self-service refund, your cancellation will go into effect right away. Otherwise, the confirmation screen shows the expiration date of your subscription. Up until that time, you can go back and cancel. You won’t be billed for the channel’s content beyond the end date, and you won’t have access to it either. Please contact customer care if a self-service refund is not provided and you wish to cancel immediately.
Also Read: How to Cancel Amazon FreeTime without Device
Can You Cancel Prime Video Anytime?
Yes, you have the option to cancel Prime Video subscription at any time. Moreover, Amazon will return all of your payments if you cancel the membership within three days after paying with a credit card. Instead, you have to use your Prime Video subscription until the end of the payment period. Unfortunately, if the plan is controlled by a third-party service, such as a cellular data provider, you cannot simply cancel it.
Is It Easy to Cancel Amazon Prime Video?
Yes. Using your Amazon account, Amazon has made it rather simple to end your Prime Video subscription. Unfortunately, you cannot access these settings from any device without a web browser due to security concerns. But remember, a subscription controlled by a third-party service, such as a sim card provider or a plan you purchased with a device, cannot be canceled. Please get in touch with the third-party company’s customer support if you want to cancel such a plan. You cannot cancel your subscription if you don’t have enabled recurring payments. When your current plan expires, the service you bought with a one-time payment immediately terminates. Therefore, there is no need to change it.
Why is It So Hard to Cancel Prime Video?
Let’s see some of the reasons why it is hard for you to cancel Prime Video:
- In some cases, the end membership option might not be provided.
- If you just used one payment method and turned off auto-renewal, you won’t be able to access the terminate membership button.
- In a similar vein, canceling auto-renewal instead of ending membership is another possibility.
- When you disable auto-renewal, payments stop and your Prime Video subscription will be automatically canceled after the billing cycle.
- Or if the plan is controlled by a third-party service, such as a cellular data provider, you cannot simply cancel it. Please get in touch with the third-party company’s customer support if you want to cancel such a plan.
How to Cancel Prime Video?
You must log in using a browser in order to access any of your Amazon account’s basic account settings. Prime Video uses a similar method. Even if you attempt to access settings on a Prime Video desktop program or website, you will ultimately be redirected to Amazon’s home page. Therefore, we shall begin there. To cancel Prime Video subscription:
1. Visit the Amazon website on your PC browser and Sign in to your account.
2. Click on Accounts & Lists > Your Prime Membership.
3. Click on the Manage Membership tab from the top right corner, as shown below.
4. Click on End membership from the drop-down menu.
5. Click the Cancel My Benefits option under the Prime Video section, as highlighted.
6. Finally, click on Continue to Cancel. Your Prime Video subscription will get canceled.
Amazon will request you confirm your choice to end your Prime Video subscription. Your subscription will be canceled following confirmation and won’t be renewed once the current plan has expired. The Prime Video platform is still available to you till the end of your monthly cycle.
Also Read: How to Reset Amazon Prime Video Pin
How Do I Cancel My Amazon Prime Video Account?
An Amazon Prime subscription also includes access to Prime Video. And to cancel it, read and follow the steps mentioned above.
How to Cancel Prime Video Subscription?
To cancel your Prime Video subscription, follow the steps mentioned above.
How Do I Cancel Amazon Prime on the App?
You may easily edit the Prime settings using the Amazon app. Depending on your country and the device you are using, the instructions may vary somewhat. So, here’s how to cancel your smartphone-based Prime subscription plan.
1. Open the Amazon app on your phone.
2. Then, tap on the profile tab from the bottom bar.
3. Tap on Your Account.
4. Tap on Manage Prime membership.
5. Tap on the Manage membership drop-down menu option.
6. Then, tap on Manage Membership.
7. Tap on the End membership option.
8. Follow the onscreen instructions to cancel the Amazon Prime membership.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime on Phone?
You can easily cancel your Amazon Prime subscription by following the steps mentioned in the heading above.
We hope that you learned about how to cancel Prime Video. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.