Instagram is one of the biggest social media platforms for the current generation. And to maintain the privacy and safety of your accounts, Instagram has some features like two factor authentication, login activity, security checkup, etc. Enabling Two-factor authentication on your Instagram account will add a layer of security to your account. So, every time you log in to your account, you’ll receive an OTP on your registered number. Only after entering the correct code will you be able to log in to your account. If you are sick of entering the OTP every time you log in and want to turn off the two factor authentication, this article will help you in that regard. It will guide you on how to bypass two factor authentication on Instagram and log into Instagram without a code. You will also get to learn more about how to find your 6 digit security code for Instagram and recover your Instagram account without verification code. So, let’s dive in!
How to Bypass Two Factor Authentication on Instagram
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to bypass two factor authentication on Instagram in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How Do You Find Your 6 Digit Security Code for Instagram?
To find your 6 digit security code for Instagram, you have to enable two factor authentication on your Instagram app. If you have enabled two factor authentication, follow these steps to get 6 digit code.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Enter your Phone number, email address, or username and Password.
3. Then, tap on Log In.
4. You will receive a 6-digit code security code on your registered phone number.
5. Enter login code in the available field and tap on Confirm. You will successfully get into your Instagram account.
This is how you can find your 6-digit security code for Instagram in your messages.
Also Read: Why are You Locked Out of Your Instagram Account?
What Do You Do When Your Instagram Account Did Not Send a 6 digit Code?
You can try some of these things when your Instagram account did not send a 6 digit code:
- If you can’t receive the code, try to send another code after a few minutes.
- If waiting for the code doesn’t work, try rebooting your phone and then restart the Instagram app.
- If you have set up your email or connected with WhatsApp, you can use the code from there.
- Use VPN to receive the code.
Here are some quick fixes you can use to log into your Instagram account when you are not able to receive the 6 digit code. keep reading further to find out how to bypass two factor authentication on Instagram.
How Can You Log into Instagram without a Code?
If you’ve marked your device as trusted when you’ve logged in previously, you won’t need any code to log in even if you have two factor authentication enabled. If you are logging in from a new device, you can follow the given methods to log in without a code.
1. Launch the Instagram application on your phone.
2. Enter your Instagram account credentials and tap on Log In.
3. Then, from the Enter login code screen, tap on Try another way.
4. Tap on Get support.
Note: While setting up your Instagram account and enabling two factor authentication, if you have saved the 8-digit backup code on your phone or somewhere else, you can tap on the Use backup code option to enter that code and log in.
5. Enter your email, type of account, and additional details regarding the request and tap on Submit request.
6. The Instagram support team will send you a follow-up email. Follow the mentioned instructions from that email to get into your account without a code.
Also Read: How to Bypass Verizon Activation Screen
Is It Possible to Bypass OTP?
No, it is not possible to bypass OTP and there is no other way to bypass it. If you are logging in to your account and you need OTP to log in, you can try any other way to log in to your account or you can disable the feature due to which you receive OTP. For online payments, you need to enter the OTP for confirmation which will only be available to you that is why you can’t bypass it. Read further sections to learn how to bypass two factor authentication on Instagram.
Can 2 Factor Authentication be Bypassed?
No, 2 factor authentication can’t be bypassed. However, only for trusted devices, you can bypass it. It’s a safety feature that adds an extra layer of protection to your account, whether it is a social account, an email, or any other account. Other than cloning, there is no way to bypass 2 factor authentication. If the 2 factor authentication is enabled on your account, you don’t need to disable it because if someone tries to break into your account, that person won’t be able to because the verification code will only come to your registered phone number.
Can You Bypass Instagram 2 Step Verification?
No, you can’t bypass Instagram 2 step verification if you are logging in from a device that is not trusted. Whenever you try to log into your Instagram account using a new device, you have to enter the verification code if you have enabled the 2 step verification. If someone tries to hack your Instagram account, the person will need the code that you will receive on your phone. Not even the hackers can’t bypass the 2 step verification, but they can only clone your device to receive the code for log in.
How to Bypass Two Factor Authentication on Instagram?
If you don’t have access to the registered phone number to receive a two factor authentication code, follow the upcoming steps to bypass it.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Log In to your Instagram account with proper credentials.
3. Tap on Try another way from the Enter login code screen.
4. Then, tap on Get support.
5. Enter your email, type of account, and additional details and tap on Submit request.
6. You will receive a follow-up email from Instagram mentioning the steps to recover your account.
This is how you can bypass two factor authentication on Instagram.
Also Read: How to Bypass Google Account Verification on Android Phone
How Do You Recover Your Instagram Account without Verification Code?
You can follow the above-mentioned steps to recover your Instagram account without a verification code.
What If You Lose Your Phone with Two-Factor Authentication?
If you lost your phone and have two-factor authentication, there’s no meaning to it because even if you are logged out of your account, the person still can log in to your account because the verification code will be sent to your phone. You can immediately lock your social accounts and bank accounts to be safe from fraud or any other violations.
Can Multi Factor Authentication be Hacked?
Yes, multi-factor authentication can be hacked. The only way to hack multi-factor authentication is by cloning your device which will give access to your fingerprints, emails, messages, and every single bit of data that is on your phone. Hackers can hack into your phone and clone it on their device and can get into your accounts which are protected by multi-factor authentication.
Why Can’t You Log Back into Your Instagram?
Here are some reasons why you can’t log back into your Instagram account:
- Maybe you are entering the wrong login credentials.
- It can happen that your account has been banned due to violating Instagram policies.
- The Instagram server might be down or you are facing some network issues.
- Your account got hacked and the hacker has changed the login credentials.
- If you are logging in using the Instagam app that is not updated or might have some issues.
So, we hope you have understood how to bypass two factor authentication on Instagram with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.