If you’re a Reddit user, you may have noticed that your browsing history is stored in the Reddit app. This can be useful for quickly finding content you’ve already seen, but it can also be a privacy concern if you don’t want other people to see what you’ve been looking at. Fortunately, it’s easy to delete your Reddit history from the app. In this article, we’ll explain how to do it.
How Do I Delete History on Reddit App
Unfortunately, there is no way to delete your history on the Reddit app. However, you can clear your browsing data by going to Settings > Privacy > Clear Browsing Data. This will clear your browsing history, cookies, and other data stored in the app.
Reddit is a platform where several distinct communities exist. People can dive into communities (called subreddits) according to their interests and discuss various ideas and topics while sharing different media posts. Sometimes, it may happen that you have searched for lots of unwanted things and those things are there in your history, and clearing this history is very important. Are you wondering how to delete Reddit app history? In this article, we will discuss and solve your common Reddit history-related problems like how do I delete history on Reddit app and how to clear Reddit history.
How Do I Delete History on Reddit App
You can delete history on your Reddit account from the Profile section itself. And you can do this on both desktop browsers and mobile apps. Keep reading till the end to understand the steps regarding this method in detail.
What is Reddit Used For? What is Reddit Good For?
Reddit is basically used for connecting with people with similar interests and developing innovative ideas. You can find communities of whatever you like on Reddit.
Is It Possible to Delete Reddit History?
Yes, you can easily delete Reddit history on the Reddit app.
How Do I Delete History on Reddit App Desktop? How to Delete Search History On Reddit App?
You can easily delete history on Reddit desktop by following steps similar to how do I delete history on Reddit app. To delete history or Reddit on your desktop, you can follow the below steps:
A. From Desktop Browser
1. Visit the Reddit website on your desktop browser and Log In to your account.
2. Click on the Profile icon from the top right corner.
3. Click on the Profile option.
4. You will find all your posts, comments, etc. Click on the three-dotted icon next to them to open the menu.
5. Click on Delete to delete your selected content.
Your content will be deleted. Perform the actions to delete all the content.
Also Read: How Do You Delete Messages on Reddit App
B. From Mobile App
You must do it manually to delete search history from the Reddit app. Follow the below steps on how do I delete history on Reddit app:
1. Open up the Reddit app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the Search bar from the top, as shown below.
3. You will find all your searched items. Tap on the X icon in front of the items you want to delete.
That item will be deleted from your search history. Similarly, you can delete all the search history.
Also Read: How to Hide or Delete Amazon Order History
How to Delete All Reddit History (Post and Comment) with Reddit History Delete Chrome Extension?
To delete all Reddit history using the Chrome extension, you can follow the below steps:
1. In the Chrome Web Store, search for Nuke Reddit History.
2. Click on Add to Chrome option to install the extension.
3. Click on Add extension from the pop-up.
4. Click on the Extensions icon from the toolbar and click on the Nuke Reddit History extension, as shown below
5. Then, click on Overwrite & Delete All My Comments. All your comments will be deleted.
How to Delete Your Entire Reddit history at Once Using an Extension?
You cannot delete the entire Reddit history at once. You have to do it in 2 steps: delete all the comments and then delete all the posts. You can use the Nuke Reddit History extension for the same. You can follow the below steps to delete your Reddit history.
1. Click on the Extensions icon from the toolbar.
2. Then, click on the Nuke Reddit History extension.
3. Click on Overwrite & Delete All My Comments.
4. Then, click on Delete All My Posts.
This will delete all your comments and posts.
Also Read: How To Block Subreddits From Your R/all Feed?
How to Delete Your Entire Reddit History at Once Using the Reddit Enhancement Suite Extension?
Currently, the Reddit Enhancement Suite extension is not active. It is in only maintenance mode, it cannot be said as dead, but a normal person cannot use it currently. Only the maintenance group can use it.
How to Delete Your Reddit History Through My Profile Page?
To delete the Reddit history through the My Profile page, you can follow the below steps:
Note: On the Reddit website, to delete history from my profile page, you have to delete all your posts, likes, and comments one by one.
1. Visit the Reddit website on your web browser.
2. Click on the Profile icon > Profile option.
3. Click on the three-dotted icon next to any post or comment.
4. Next, click on Delete to delete your selected content, as shown below.
Also Read: How to Delete Instagram Search History First Letter Results
How to Delete Reddit History from Mobile? How Do I Clear My Reddit App History?
Though it might look like two different queries: how to delete Reddit app history and how to clear Reddit history, the steps are similar. To delete the history from mobile, you must use the Reddit app. You can follow the below steps to delete your Reddit history.
1. Launch the Reddit app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the Profile icon > History.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon > Clear history options to delete desired Reddit history.
Also Read: How to Delete PhonePe Transaction History
How to Delete Reddit Hidden History?
To delete your Reddit Hidden History from your PC, you need to follow the below steps:
1. Visit the Reddit website and click on the Profile icon from the top right corner.
2. Click on Profile.
3. Click on the HIDDEN tab to see all your hidden posts.
4. Click on the three-dotted icon next to any hidden post you want to delete.
5. Then, click on Delete.
6. Finally, click on the Delete post option to confirm the deletion. This will delete the hidden post.
We hope that this article was helpful and you have learned how do I delete history on Reddit app. Drop your queries and suggestions in the comment section below, if any. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.
How Do I Delete History on Reddit App?
If you’re a frequent Reddit user, you may have noticed that the Reddit app stores your browsing history. This can be a bit of a nuisance if you want to keep your browsing habits private. Fortunately, it’s easy to delete your Reddit history on the app. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1: Open the Reddit App
Open the Reddit app on your device. You’ll need to be logged in to your Reddit account in order to delete your history.
Step 2: Access Your Profile
Tap the profile icon in the top-right corner of the app. This will open your profile page.
Step 3: Select Settings
Tap the gear icon in the top-right corner of the profile page. This will open the Settings page.
Step 4: Select Privacy & Security
Scroll down to the Privacy & Security section and tap it. This will open the Privacy & Security page.
Step 5: Select Clear History
Scroll down to the Clear History section and tap it. This will open a confirmation page.
Step 6: Confirm Your Selection
Tap the Clear History button to confirm your selection. This will delete your browsing history from the Reddit app.
Deleting your browsing history from the Reddit app is easy. Just follow the steps outlined above and you’ll be able to keep your browsing habits private. Happy browsing!