Boost Mobile is a brand for wireless telecommunication, originally from the United States. It is quite popular around the world for its excellent services and connectivity. This article will teach you how to update boost mobile towers and what is Boost Mobile APN settings. You will also understand how can you fix your boost mobile signal and update settings to make it faster. Read the article till the end to know about is Boost switching to 5G and other details about this service.
How Can You Update Boost Mobile Towers
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to update Boost Mobile towers in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
What is Boost Mobile APN Settings?
The Boost Mobile APN Settings provide you with a high-speed data network and fast connectivity on your mobile. You have to always keep your APN settings updated to get the best network.
What Network Does Boost Mobile Use?
Boost Mobile always uses the AT&T network. They are also planning to shift to the Dish network provider for better coverage, but until then, they will stick to T-Mobile and AT&T networks.
How Can You Fix Your Boost Mobile Signal?
Follow the below ways to boost your mobile signal:
- The most accessible way will be to place your device near a window or a door so that you get a clear and direct network signal. You can also raise your phone towards the ceiling to increase elevation, catch a good network, and decrease hindrance.
- Get a Signal Booster Device for your office or home to get proper network and internet in all areas.
- Use Wi-Fi calling to get a stronger network and clarity. This method is well suited in situations where the mobile signals are low and you cannot make any calls.
- You can try restarting your device so that you reconnect to your cellular network.
- You can also try turning your airplane mode on and then off.
Also Read: 8 Ways to Fix Unable to Send Message to Many Unsent Multimedia Messages
What Can You Dial to Update Cell Towers?
To update cell towers on Verizon and U.S. Cellular phones, you can dial 228. And on Sprint and Virgin Mobile USA phones you can dial ##873283# to update cell towers.
How Can You Update Your Carrier Settings for Boost Mobile?
Follow the steps below to update your carrier or APN settings on your phone.
Note: Make sure that the Mobile Data on your phone is enabled.
1. Access your phone Settings.
2. Tap on SIM cards & mobile networks.
3. Tap on your SIM card under the SIM CARD SETTINGS section.
4. Tap on Access Point Names.
5. Tap on New APN from the bottom, as shown below.
6. Enter the following details in the respective fields:
- Name: Boost (or any of your choice)
- APN: boost.data
- MMSC: http://sprboost.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
- APN Protocol: IPv6
- APN Type: default, supl, MMS
- APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
- APN enable/disable: Enabled
7. After filling in all the above-mentioned fields, tap on More from the bottom.
8. Tap on Save to save the changes made.
Also Read: 11 Best Cheap Cell Phone Booster
How Can You Update Boost Mobile Towers?
To update boost mobile towers, follow the below steps:
1. Press-hold the power button on your phone and tap on Power off.
2. Now, remove the SIM card from your phone and reinsert it after a while.
3. Again, press-hold the power button to power it on.
This will allow your SIM card to update to the nearest mobile towers.
Also Read: How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone
How Can You Improve Your Data Connection?
There can be several reasons why your connection is slow and unstable. Hence, here are some points you can follow to improve your data connection:
- Restart your connections and phone to reconnect to the network.
- Install an Ad Blocker to get a direct data connection for your activities.
- You can clear cache of your phone to empty some space in your phone and make it operate better.
- Also, you can uninstall unnecessary apps from your phone.
- Check your phone’s settings and set them to the Maximum Loading Data option.
Is Boost Mobile Switching Towers?
Yes, Boost Mobile is switching towers to provide better connectivity to its users. It will be soon using Dish towers to expand its network. The users can also move to Boost Mobile’s expanded data network to get better speed and connectivity.
Is Boost Mobile Closing Down?
No, the Boost Mobile services are not shutting down. Boost Mobile has now moved to 4G/5G and the 3G network has now been discontinued. In case you are facing an issue with the services, you must upgrade your plan to 4G/5G.
Is T-Mobile Taking over Boost Mobile?
No. Since the company Sprint has merged with T-Mobiles, now Dish has also acquired Boost Mobile.
Is Boost Switching to 5G?
Yes. The recent 5G upgrade to Boost Mobiles brings fast and high-capacity mobile technology to users. This has been a great innovation for wireless mobile services.
Why does Boost Mobile Reduced Data Speeds?
When you use almost all of the 5G or 4G data provided in your plan, you get reminders for overuse. As a result of this, you get reduced data speed after you cross your monthly data. The speed is reduced up to 512 kbps for the remainder of your plan’s cycle until your billing date.
So, we hope you have understood how to update Boost mobile towers and if is Boost switching to 5G. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know