Amazon Photos is a secure online cloud storage platform and is a part of the Amazon ecosystem. With Amazon Photos, you can save your photos and videos in secure cloud storage and access them from devices like your laptop browser, iOS, and Andriod mobile app. All Amazon Prime users have access to unlimited storage to upload full-resolution photos and 5 GB of video storage using Amazon Photos. Amazon Photos comes with 5GB of storage for free if you don’t have Prime. You can also use your uploaded pictures to order personalized keepsakes, like prints and holiday cards from Amazon. Are you an Amazon Photos user and wondering why did your Amazon photos disappear? Or how to delete all photos from Amazon account? If you are someone looking for more information related to Amazon Photos, stay tuned until the end. We are bringing you a helpful guide that will resolve all your queries, like how to delete Amazon photos account and does deleting Amazon Photo app delete photos.
How Can You Delete Amazon Photos Account
You can delete Amazon Photos account from the Storage menu of the Amazon Photos website. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Who Can See Your Amazon Photos?
By default, those users who have access to your Amazon account can see your Amazon photos. But Amazon photos provide you with a feature that allows you to choose with whom you want to share your Amazon photos. You can invite people to view specific images by creating member-only groups and using a family vault. Members of Amazon Prime can use Family Vault to share unlimited photo storage with up to five additional people.
Does Deleting Amazon Photo App Delete Photos?
No, your uploaded photos are securely stored in Amazon Photos cloud storage. Those photos won’t get deleted unless you delete them from the Amazon Photos website.
How Can You Delete Amazon Photos from Your Phone?
Amazon Photos is one of the best online cloud storage platforms for storing your photos and videos safely. All Amazon Prime users have access to unlimited storage to upload full-resolution photos and it comes with 5GB of storage for free even if you don’t have Prime. But despite all these benefits, you may want to delete your Amazon Photos app from your phone. Below are the steps mentioned to perform that exact procedure.
Note: This procedure will not delete any photos synced on your Amazon Photos account. You can again download the app and sign into your account to access your photos.
1. Open the Play Store on your device.
2. Now, tap on the Hamburger icon from the top left-hand side of the screen.
3. Then, tap on the My apps & games option.
4. Now, tap on the Installed tab to access the list of all the installed apps on your device.
5. Swipe through the list and tap on the Amazon Photos app.
6. Then, tap on the Uninstall option to remove it from your device.
Hopefully, you have successfully deleted Amazon Photos app from your phone.
Also Read: How to Login to Your Amazon Smile Account
Amazon Photos has an auto-save feature that uploads all your clicked photos from your phone to your cloud storage. But you have to manually turn on that feature if you want to automatically save your clicked photos on your Amazon Photos account. Let’s see how to turn off that auto-save option on your Amazon Photos app.
2. Now, tap on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner of your screen.
3. Tap on Upload settings.
4. Tap on the Save photos toggle to turn it off.
Also Read: How to Change Phone Number on Amazon
Here is a guide on how can you delete all photos from Amazon account in a few easy steps.
Note: Photos are permanently deleted after 30 days of being in the Trash.
Below are the steps explaining how to move all your desired photos to the trash bin on Amazon Photos.
1. Visit the Amazon Photos website and Sign In with the help of your Amazon account credentials.
2. Now, select the desired photos you want to delete by clicking on the checkmark icon.
3. After selecting the photo, click on the Move to trash option present at the top of the page.
4. Click on the Delete option to finally move the selected photo to trash.
Step II: Delete Photos from Trash
To permanently delete all your photos that you have moved to the trash, you have to access Amazon Photos using a web browser and follow the upcoming steps.
1. From the official website of Amazon Photos, click on the Trash option present in the left pane.
2. Now, select all the desired photos by clicking on the checkmark icon.
3. Then, click on the Permanently Delete option from the top of the page, as shown below.
4. Click on the Delete option to finally permanently delete photos from Amazon Photos.
If you are not satisfied with the services provided by Amazon services and want to quit your Amazon Prime membership, you should delete your Amazon Photos account. And here is a guide on how can you delete Amazon Photos account step by step.
Note: Make sure you are already logged into your account before performing the upcoming steps.
1. Access the official website of Amazon Photos.
2. Click on the Storage option from the left pane.
3. Then, click on the Cancel my plan option under the storage menu.
4. Click on the End your plan option to finally delete your Amazon Photos account.
Also Read: How to Delete Your Amazon Account
What Happens to Photos If You Cancel Amazon Prime?
You won’t get unlimited photo storage any longer from Amazon Photos. Your overall storage will be limited to the 5 GB that non-Prime Amazon users are permitted to use. But the good news is that your images aren’t deleted by Amazon. You can download them but if your uploaded photos exceed 5 GB, you won’t be able to upload, sync, or share any files anymore. Moreover, you have an option to buy extra storage from Amazon Photos.
Amazon Photos have a feature named The Family Vault which is a digital photo archive. Up to six users(both prime and non-prime Amazon users) can be included in a Family Vault, including the owner of the Prime account. All these added vault members have access to all the photos, and they can also upload new photos to the vault to make a collection of photos and videos.
Have you noticed that some of your photos are missing from your Amazon Photos account? You must be wondering why did your Amazon photos disappear. So, it could happen when you cancel your Amazon Prime subscription. THis could be the prime reason why did your Amazon photos disappear.
If you look for online cloud storage provided by Amazon, two options that come to anyone’s mind are Amazon Drive and Amazon Photos. Also, they are sometimes the same as both are online storage platforms used to store photos, but they have a slight difference. The main difference is:
- Amazon Drive is made for organizing files and folders as well as previewing documents in all file formats, including JPEG format.
- But Amazon Photos is a photo service designed specifically for storing and displaying image and video files. Your photos and videos can be shown and enjoyed via the Amazon Photos app, which is intended to function as a photo gallery.
If you store photos on hard discs, flash drives, and other data storage devices, these storage devices could disappear, break, or develop corruption, and all your data could be lost. So nowadays, cloud storage is a good alternative as they prevent data loss. With cloud storage, you can be sure that you can still view your photographs on a fresh device even if something were to happen to your physical equipment. All leading online cloud services are secure, but the majority of users will find Amazon Photos to be a reliable and secure service because:
- Amazon Photos only scans your images for organizing purposes.
- And unlike Google Storage, it doesn’t analyze your data for marketing purposes.
So, Amazon Photos is a secure online storage option.
We hope that you learned about why did your Amazon photos disappear and how to delete Amazon Photos account. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.