How Can You Backdate Instagram Posts
Instagram is the first thing that comes to mind when posting a photo or video on social media. Over the past five years, its users have increased daily as it offers many exciting features. Instagram has cool filters, auto-generated editing features for your posts and stories, paid partnerships or collaborations, and reels. The best part about Instagram is that it is a great platform to market your content, build your brand, and make money through paid promotions. So, through your Instagram post, you can do lots of things, but you have to be very precise on the date and time of posting. Most Instagram users encounter difficulties to rearrange posts on Instagram or to put Instagram post to a date which has already passed. So, can you backdate Instagram posts, or can you change date and time on Instagram automatically? If you are one of those who want a solution to this type of question, you have arrived at the right place. Keep on reading to find the answers to all these questions!
How Can You Backdate Instagram Posts
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how can you backdate Instagram posts in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Following below are the steps through which you can put the current date on your Instagram story:
2. Swipe from the left of the screen to the right to reveal the Instagram camera screen.
3. Take a picture or record a video with the help of the Record icon.
4. Then, tap on the Aa option to enter the current date.
5. Type the current date and choose the desired, size, color, indent, etc.
6. Tap on the arrow icon > Share option to share the created story.
Also Read: How to Use Shazam Song on Instagram
Is It Possible to Backdate Instagram Posts?
No, you cannot backdate your Instagram post. You can’t backdate your Instagram post because there isn’t a feature to change the date of your post yet. However, you have the option to delete or re-upload your Instagram post. Changing the date and time of your Instagram is beyond your control because these parameters are controlled by Instagram’s servers automatically.
How Can You Put an Instagram Post to a Date Which has Already Passed?
It is impossible to pin or change an Instagram post date already passed. And even if you delete that post and re-upload it, the date will not be of the past date on which you wanted to post it.
It is not possible to backdate Instagram posts. The date on which you uploaded a certain post will get automatically attached which cannot be changed in the future.
Yes, you can change the order of photos on Instagram after posting. Instagram recently added a pinning feature that allows you to pin your top three posts to the top of your profile screen. If you want to change the order of all posts, you need to delete and repost them in the order you want them on your profile page.
After you know can you backdate instagram posts Following below are the steps through which you can arrange your Instagram feed in chronological order:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Instagram logo from the Home tab.
3. Then, tap on Following.
4. Form here, you can see all the posts from the IG profiles you follow in the recent chronological order (i.e. the recently uploaded will be on the top).
How Can You Rearrange Posts on Instagram after Posting?
First, you need to delete your posts to rearrange posts on Instagram after posting. Follow these steps to learn how to do that:
1. Open Instagram and navigate to the desired post you want to delete.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner of the post.
3. Tap on the Delete option from the menu.
4. Tap on Delete from the confirmation popup.
5. Go back to your profile screen and tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
6. Now, tap on Your activity.
7. Swipe down and tap on Recently deleted.
8. Tap on the deleted post you want to recover.
Note: If you still can’t find your posts, contact Instagram support or check your archive folder. It will also help you backdate Instagram posts in a certain way.
9. Now, tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner.
10. Tap on Restore.
11. Again, tap on Restore from the pop-up.
Read this article from the start to learn if can you backdate Instagram posts.
It is not possible to directly backdate an Instagram story, but you can change the date with the help of the following steps:
1. Launch Instagram on your device.
2. Tap on the Profile tab > hamburger icon > Archive.
3. Tap on the drop-down option > Stories archive.
4. Tap on the desired archived story which you want to backdate.
5. Tap on Share from the bottom of the screen.
6. Then, tap on the Aa option to enter the desired date.
7. Enter the date and tap on Done.
8. Tap on the arrow icon > Share to share the story with the past date mentioned in it.
You can’t change date and time on Instagram automatically. You can adjust the post’s caption and can even tag other users. Instagram automatically captures your post publish date and time when you upload content for a post. The date is also displayed at the bottom of your post.
We hope that you learned about how can you backdate Instagram posts. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.