If you are a fan of the Titanfall 2 game, you may have encountered the error 429 connection to server timed out on your PC. This error can be very frustrating and can prevent you from playing the game. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to try and fix this issue. In this article, we will discuss what the error 429 connection to server timed out is, what causes it, and how to fix it. We will also provide some tips to help you prevent this error from occurring in the future. By following the steps outlined in this article, you should be able to get back to playing Titanfall 2 without any further issues.
Fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 Connection to Server Timed Out on PC
1. Check your internet connection: Make sure your internet connection is stable and that you have a good connection speed.
2. Restart your router: Unplug your router for a few minutes and then plug it back in. This will reset your connection and may help resolve the issue.
3. Update your network drivers: Make sure your network drivers are up to date. You can do this by going to the manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest drivers.
4. Disable your firewall: Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software to see if this helps.
5. Change your DNS settings: Try changing your DNS settings to Google’s public DNS.
6. Reset your game files: Reset your game files by deleting the game’s folder in your Documents folder.
7. Verify game files: Verify your game files by running a Steam integrity check.
8. Reinstall the game: If all else fails, try reinstalling the game.
As a sequel to Titanfall, in 2016, the first-person shooter game Titanfall 2 was released for multiple platforms that included Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The graphic quality and build of Respawn Entertainment’s developed game came in a class all its own, enticing a number of online game players and streamers to pull the trigger and dive into a world of savage violence. But, the release of this game triggered one more thing and that was Titanfall 2 Error 429, which was caused by the unconnected connection to the server going timed out. The error does not originate from the user’s end. So, one cannot do much to resolve this. However, we have your back. In this article, we will provide a number of solutions for you to fix Titanfall 2 connection to server timed out on PC. Not just that, but we would also find how to resolve the issue on other hardware support as well.
How to Fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 Connection to Server Timed Out on PC
This issue often occurs in the multiplayer mode when there is a lack of proper connection between the server and the gaming device, either due to discrepancies in the game’s channel due to overload or minor default from the user side.
Reasons that Causes Titanfall 2 Connection to Server Timed Out Error
- Server Down: If the server of Titanfall 2 is down, the game may experience loading issues.
- Poor Internet Connectivity: A slow connection to a server or a poor network connection can cause Titanfall 2 to time out if your Internet connection is not ideal.
- Outdated PC: An old or outdated version of the launcher or PC can also cause the error.
- Insufficient Memory: Lots of cache files and unavailable storage would not permit proper installation and loading of files to conduct any further process.
Ways to Fix Titanfall 2 Connection to Server Timed Out on PC
This is not a broad and major issue. There are a few fixes that can be tried to fix it and get the players back to the game. The major possibilities to cause this can just be because the server of the game is down. But we can fix this if that is not the reason in your case. Let us look at the following methods.
Method 1: Wait for Server Uptime
Do not compromise on checking the Titanfall 2 game server status before moving forward to process any of the solutions. You do not have to rush through the process for absolutely no reason. If the servers are down, no matter what you do, it will not be effective until the servers revive.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Yes, it is the poor and unstable internet connection, low speeds and flickers that can root Titanfall 2 Error 429 on your device. The unsteady communication between server and your device to load and retrieve data files can be bothered. We suggest you to turn off the internet source completely and restart it to reconnect it with your device. This may boost back the connection.
1. Disable Wi-Fi from Windows control centre.
2. Turn off your router and wait for a few minutes.
3. Turn it on now.
4. Enable Wi-Fi on your PC and wait until it connects to your router.
Moreover, if you are using a Wi-Fi source, make sure you are connected to 5GHz and not the substandard 2.4GHz. Click on the Wi-Fi icon and from the lists of connections, connect to the 5GHz network
Now check if the issue is resolved. Check your internet speed on Speedtest.net website.
Also Read: Fix Network Error 0x00028001 on Windows 10
Method 3: Disable VPN
This solution would work for users who play on a PC. Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) circumvent this by shifting to a different IP address. This can sometimes lead to unstable network connectivity. In addition, it can interfere with the game server as well. If you use VPN to access the internet and play Titanfall 2, turn it off before trying to load the game. This might fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 issue for you.
1. Search for VPN settings in the search bar of your Windows PC and open it.
2. Toggle off to disable the following under Advanced settings for all VPN connections:
- Allow VPN over metered networks
- Allow VPN while roaming
Now your VPN would be disabled. However, the reverse approach is also effective for many people. This solution might work when the game’s servers are down. As we know, VPN services tend to change the IP address of the device, thereby connecting the game to servers in a different location. When there are issues with the servers in a particular region, there might be a chance that in another region it works fine. You can follow the same aforementioned methods to turn on VPN if the error persists.
Method 4: Restart Game Launcher
There is a possibility of another temporary issue that may have caused while the launcher was used to run the game. This might be why you find Titanfall 2 connection to server timed out on PC and are not able to go through. Stop the launcher completely and relaunch it again.
1. Launch Task Manager on your Windows PC.
2. Inside the Task Manager, from the Processes tab navigate to Steam.
3. Right-click on it.
4. From the dropdown menu, click on End Task.
Launch the app again to initiate services.
1. On your Windows PC, search for Steam from the menu.
2. Click on Open to restart it.
Also Read: Fix Could Not Connect to Steam Network Error
Method 5: Restart Game
If your internet connection is up to the mark, we still might say that sometimes the files do not load up properly. Shut your game down completely and restart it.
1. On your Windows PC, launch Steam.
2. Go to your game library by clicking on the Library tab.
3. In the game library, locate Titanfall 2.
4. Click to start it.
Method 6: Update Windows
Hardware compatibility is a major factor for any software program or application to run smoothly. Sometimes, there are bugs or glitches in a system that cause errors to a game. In this case, to fix Titanfall 2 connection to server timed out on PC or a console, you can update it and check if that solves your issue. If you are playing Titanfall 2 on PC and are facing this issue, make sure to update the PC. Outdated operating software or any earlier bug could trigger the error to show up.
To update your PC, follow our guide on How to Download and Install Windows 11 Updates.
Also Read: Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x800b0108
Method 7: Clear Cache Data
A significantly high amount of cache data from applications, games and system programs clutters the hardware system’s storage fluency. This could be causing the connection to time out because the files do not show up. Flushing these out would resolve your issue.
1. Launch Settings on your Windows PC.
2. Click to System.
3. Navigate to Storage.
4. Click on Temporary files option.
From the list of Temporary Files, make sure that Downloads and Windows upgrade log files are unchecked.
5. Tick and check the Temporary Files box.
6. Click on Continue to clear all the cache.
Method 8: Delete Cloud Saved Game Data
The cloud data is personalized saved game information that saves the data and progress of a player. These data files need to be deleted sometimes in response to fix Titanfall 2 connection to server timed out on PC. Steam saves the game files of users automatically by creating a sync to the Steam Cloud for the backup. If you have the feature enabled, then to fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 refer to our guide on How to Make Steam Delete Cloud Saves.
Also Read: How to Disable Shader Pre Caching in Steam
Method 9: Reinstall Titanfall 2 Game
If even restarting the launcher or the game or clearing the cache data does not prove effective in resolving the issue, you can also uninstall the game and reinstall it for a fresh start. Any sort of discrepancy in program files could interrupt some of the basic functions on that particular program and turn the culprit behind this error showing up. Re-installing the same helps in fixing up the files and patching the program as through this process, the game will debunk all the corrupt or defective files while installing the game again.
1. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Click on Programs option.
3. Click on Programs and Features.
4. In the new window, navigate to Titanfall 2 game and right-click on it.
5. From the pop-up, click on Uninstall.
6. Install the game back again from the official Electronic Arts website.
With these we end the article here. Thank you for reading. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 issue. Let us know which method worked for you the best. If you have any queries, or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below. Until then, keep shooting!
How to Fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 Connection to Server Timed Out on PC
Are you having trouble connecting to Titanfall 2 servers on your PC? If you’re getting the Error 429 Connection to Server Timed Out message, then you’re not alone. This error can be caused by a variety of issues, but luckily there are a few steps you can take to try and fix it.
Check Your Network Connection
The first thing you should do is check your network connection. Make sure your internet connection is stable and that you’re not experiencing any packet loss or latency issues. You can use a tool like PingPlotter to check your connection and make sure it’s working properly.
Check Your Firewall Settings
If your network connection is working properly, then the next step is to check your firewall settings. Make sure that Titanfall 2 is allowed to communicate through your firewall. You can do this by going into your firewall settings and adding an exception for Titanfall 2.
Check Your Antivirus Settings
Another possible cause of the Error 429 Connection to Server Timed Out message is your antivirus software. Make sure that your antivirus is not blocking Titanfall 2 from connecting to the servers. You can do this by going into your antivirus settings and adding an exception for Titanfall 2.
Reinstall Titanfall 2
If none of the above steps have worked, then the last resort is to reinstall Titanfall 2. This will reset all of the game’s settings and hopefully fix the Error 429 Connection to Server Timed Out message. To reinstall the game, simply go to your Steam library and select the “Delete Local Content” option.
If you’re getting the Error 429 Connection to Server Timed Out message when trying to connect to Titanfall 2 servers on your PC, then try the steps outlined above. Check your network connection, firewall settings, and antivirus settings, and if all else fails, reinstall the game. Hopefully one of these steps will help you get back into the game and enjoy the Titanfall 2 experience.