Sea of Thieves is one of the most popular action-adventure computer games; the game was first launched in 2018 and has been downloaded by millions worldwide. However, a user may often get a Sea of Thieves not downloading error on their computer while attempting to download the game. If you can’t download Sea of Thieves game, this can be because of various issues, such as Windows update issues and general settings issues. Mostly, these issues are easy to fix. Continue reading to fix the issue and download Sea of Thieves for Windows.
How to Fix Sea of Thieves Not Downloading Error on Microsoft Store
There can be multiple reasons for Sea of Thieves not downloading on your computer; some of these errors are mentioned below.
- If there are issues with hard drives, such as inadequate space, it can cause downloading errors.
- If the date and region settings are incorrect in your system, this can prevent downloads to your system.
- If your graphic and system drivers are outdated or corrupt, they may prevent the download and installation of the game.
- An inadequate or corrupt Windows system update can cause various errors, including Sea of Thieves download issues.
- Corrupt Microsoft Store settings often cause the Sea of Thieves download error.
- If the Microsoft Store Installer service has gone corrupt, it can cause errors while downloading the Sea of Thieves game.
- Cache files are stored in the game files and store game data. A corrupt cache file can cause a downloading error in the game.
If you are receiving the downloading error in Sea of Thieves, try to change the download location of the game from the default drive to a different one. Most users could fix this error by changing the download location of the game file and were able to download Sea of Thieves for Windows.
The following guide will give you methods to resolve the issues with the Sea of Thieves download.
Method 1: Perform Clean Boot
If none of the above-mentioned methods works, and you still can’t download Sea of Thieves game, try performing a Clean Boot on your computer and uninstalling problematic apps. Check out the How to Perform Clean boot in Windows 10 guide to perform Clean Boot in your system.
Method 2: Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
You must be aware of the inbuilt Windows troubleshooting tool that helps fix any problems associated with the Operating System. If you are unaware of this tool, follow the given steps on How to Run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, and implement the steps as instructed.
1. Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to launch Settings.
2. Click on the Update & Security tile, as shown.
3. Go to Troubleshoot menu in the left pane.
4. Select Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and click on Run the troubleshooter button shown highlighted below.
Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the problems reported by the troubleshooter and check if you have fixed the downloading issue.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Store Not Installing Apps
Method 3: Clear Windows Store Local Cache
A corrupt cache file can cause various errors in a game. If you can’t download Sea of Thieves even after trying several times, it can be because of a corrupt cache file.
1. Start downloading the game and wait for the error to occur.
2. Then, navigate to the following location path.
Note: Change the User_name with your local PC user name.
3. Press Ctrl + A keys together to select all the files in the LocalCache folder.
4. Hit the Delete key to delete them.
5. Finally, restart the PC and download the game again.
After removing the cache file, you will most likely be able to download Sea of Thieves game for Windows computer.
Method 4: Restart Microsoft Store
If the Microsoft Installer has been corrupt on your computer, it may cause several installation errors, including downloading Sea of Thieves on Windows errors. Restarting Microsoft Store can help prevent this error.
1. Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager.
2. Select the Microsoft Store process and click on End task option.
3. Finally, reboot the PC and open Microsoft Store again.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Store 0x80246019 Error
Method 5: Reset Windows Store
If the issue is caused while downloading the Sea of Thieves game from the Microsoft Store, you can try to reset the Microsoft Store to fix the error. Resetting the store will erase all the issues within it, and hopefully, you will be able to download Sea of Thieves for Windows computer.
1. Close the Microsoft Store program.
2. In the Start Menu Search, type wsreset and click on Run as administrator.
3. Wait for the command prompt window to disappear.
4. Download the Sea of Thieves game after the Microsoft Store launches itself after resetting.
Method 6: Use Windows PowerShell
If Sea of Thieves not downloading issue occurs while downloading the game file from the Microsoft Store, then you can try to fix this using the PowerShell command.
1. In the Start Menu Search, type Microsoft Store and click on Open.
2. Here, search for Sea of Thieves and start downloading.
3. Download the game up to the point where the downloading fails.
4. Hit the Windows key, type PowerShell and click on Open.
5. Here, type the following command and hit the Enter key.
Add-AppXPackage -RegisterByFamilyName -MainPackage Microsoft.SeaofThieves_8wekyb3d8bbwe
6. Navigate back to the Microsoft Store window and retry the download.
Note: If the above command does not work for you, use the following command and press the Enter key.
fsutil behavior set DisableEncryption 0
Also Read: Fix Windows Store Error 0x80072ee7
Method 7: Change Time & Region
One of the most common reasons for Sea of Thieves not downloading on your computer can be incorrect Date and Time settings on your computer. The wrong date and time can interrupt the downloading of the game. You can easily check the time and date settings on your computer.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to launch the Windows Settings.
2. Click on Time & Language setting.
3. Turn On the toggles for Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically.
4. Finally, restart the PC.
Method 8: Clean Disk Space
If there are issues with hard drives, such as inadequate space, it can cause downloading errors. Read our guide on 10 Ways to Free Up Hard Disk Space on Windows and implement the same.
Also Read: Fix Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal Rtwlane Sys Error
Method 9: Perform Windows Update
Often Sea of Thieves not downloading error can be caused by Windows update issues; this error can be prevented by checking for the Windows updates. Updating Windows not only fixes the downloading issues with the game but can also prevent many other errors that you may experience with gameplay.
Always ensure you have updated your Windows Operating System, and if any updates are pending in action, use our guide on How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update.
Method 10: Update Device Drivers
If your system drivers are outdated or are not functioning properly, they can cause various errors while downloading games and programs. If an outdated driver was the reason for the can’t download Sea of Thieves game issue, updating them will most likely fix the error, and you will be able to download Sea of Thieves for Windows.
Check out the 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 and How to Update Device Drivers on Windows 10 guides to update drivers on your computer safely.
Method 11: Restore System Registry
It is common for games and software to not download to your computer due to minor registry changes. Many users can restore the system registry when they can’t download Sea of Thieves. Check out the How to Backup and Restore the Registry on Windows guide to restore the system registry on Windows 10.
Also Read: Fix Boot Device Problem in Windows 10
Method 12: Contact Microsoft Support
If none of the above methods worked for you, contact Microsoft Support and explain the issue. They would come up with a solution to resolve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why can’t I download Sea of Thieves?
Ans. There can be multiple reasons for the error, such as hard drive issues, outdated Windows OS, etc.
Q2. Can I run Sea of Thieves in Windows 10?
Ans. Yes, you can run the Sea of Thieves game on the Windows 10 system.
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to fix Sea of Thieves not downloading error on your computer. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions or queries, please write them in the comment section. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.