If you are having trouble with your Samsung Galaxy 5 voicemail not working, you are not alone. Many users have experienced this issue and have been unable to find a solution. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to try and fix the issue. In this article, we will discuss some of the most common causes of this issue and provide some tips on how to fix it. We will also provide some troubleshooting steps to help you get your voicemail working again.
Fix Samsung Galaxy 5 Voicemail Not Working
1. Check your voicemail settings: Go to Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings and make sure that your voicemail number is correct.
2. Check your network connection: Make sure that you have a strong network connection. If you are in an area with poor reception, try moving to a different location.
3. Check your voicemail inbox: Make sure that your voicemail inbox is not full. If it is, delete some of the messages to make room for new ones.
4. Restart your phone: Restarting your phone can often fix minor software issues.
5. Contact your carrier: If none of the above steps work, contact your carrier and ask them to help you troubleshoot the issue.
In this busy world, you cannot always connect to your cell phone and may turn off your mobile for a while. These messages will be waiting for you and all the missed calls will enter into the voicemail if you have enabled this feature. You can deal with these voicemails later. But, many Samsung users wonder why is visual voicemail not working, and struggle to fix Samsung Galaxy 5 voicemail problem. This issue may occur due to inappropriate voicemail settings, outdated voicemail apps, or due to the presence of viruses or malware. If you are also struggling with a Samsung phone voicemail not working issue, this guide will help you fix the same. So, continue reading.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy 5 Voicemail Not Working
In this guide, we have shown various ways to fix Samsung phone voicemail problem.
Why is Visual Voicemail Not Working in Samsung Galaxy 5?
Here are some valid reasons that contribute to Samsung phone voicemail not working issue. Analyze them deeply to understand the cause.
- The voicemail app does not have proper permissions to run in the background.
- Your cellular data might be turned off or you have not enabled the background data on your device.
- This can be due to the presence of viruses or malware.
- Your device does not have enough space to store the recorded voice mails.
- The Android operating system is not updated to its latest version.
- Your device is out of range of signal where the cellular signal does not function well.
- Few files of voicemail app are corrupt or damaged.
- There are a few misconfigured installation files of the voicemail app. In this case, you have to reinstall the app.
These are the reasons that may be the reason for your query regarding why is Visual Voicemail not working.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy 5 Voicemail Issue
When you face the problem, you might not directly reinstall the app. Here are some amazing simple hacks that will help you fix your Samsung phone voicemail issue with ease.
Note: Smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The said steps were performed on the Redmi phone.
Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Following are a few basic methods to fix the problem.
1. Reboot Android
If you wonder why is visual voicemail not working you must check when you restarted your phone last time. If your phone has been restarted for a long time, you must consider restarting your Android. Follow the instructions listed in our guide How to Restart or Reboot Your Android Phone to restart your Android.
Once your Android restarts, check if you were able to access voicemail settings on your device without any issues.
2. Troubleshoot Network Connection
If you do not have a stable internet connection, you will end up with several issues like Samsung phone voicemail stopped working today. In addition to the delays in messaging service, other similar conflicts can be resolved by ensuring that you have turned on your data connection as instructed below.
1. Tap the Settings icon on the Home Screen.
2. Now, tap the SIM cards & mobile networks option as shown.
3. Then, toggle on the Mobile data option.
4. If you want to use a roaming network when you are out of your geographic location, tap Advanced settings as depicted.
Note: The international data roaming service may cost you extra.
5. Now, tap International roaming and select Always as shown.
6. Now, tap on Data roaming.
7. Next, tap Turn on if you are prompted.
Now, check if you were able to fix the voicemail not working on Samsung 5 issue.
Also Read: Fix Android Phone Call Goes Straight To Voicemail
3. Run Malware Scan
If there are any malicious files or bugs in your device you will face Samsung Galaxy 5 voicemail issue. Ensure you have recently installed any APK files or downloaded any new apps. If yes, uninstall the apps and check if you have fixed the issue. You can also try installing an antivirus app and running a malware scan to ensure your device is safe or not.
Read our guide 10 Best Free Antivirus Software for Android to get an idea about which app to choose and how to use it. Here are a few instructions to run a malware scan on Android using a third-party application.
1. Open the Play Store on your Android mobile.
2. Now, search for any antivirus software as depicted.
3. Then, tap the Install button.
4. Wait for the installation to be completed and tap Open to launch the app.
Note: The steps to scan your Android device may vary depending on the software you use. Here, Avast Antivirus is taken as an example. Follow the steps according to your software.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions within the app and choose either Advanced protection (needs subscription) or Basic protection (free).
6. Then, tap START SCAN.
7. In the next prompt, allow or disallow the permission prompt to scan your files within the device.
Note: In this app, if you have denied this access, only your apps and settings will be scanned and not your corrupt files.
8. Wait until the app scans your device completely and once done, resolve the risks found by following the on-screen instructions.
9. This will remove the corrupt files or threats from your Android device and so the discussed issue will be resolved now.
Also Read: Remove Android Viruses Without a Factory Reset
4. Free Android Space
When you do not have adequate space on your Android, you will face why is visual voicemail not working problem. When memory is very low, you cannot open voicemail apps. Follow the instructions in How to Free up internal Storage on Android Phone to free Android space.
5. Update Android OS
Apart from clearing Android space, you must check whether you are using Android in its updated version. If you are using an older version of your mobile, you have to check if there is an update available and follow the on-screen instructions to update the same.
Follow and implement the steps in our guide to upgrade your Android OS as instructed in our guide 3 Ways to Check for Updates on your Android Phone to fix Samsung phone voicemail stopped working issue.
Method 1: Enable Background Data
Despite turning on mobile data, you must turn on background data usage to ensure your phone makes use of an internet connection even in data saver mode. Follow as instructed to fix Samsung galaxy 5 voicemail issue.
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. Then, tap on Apps.
3. Then, tap on Manage apps followed by the voicemail app.
4. Then, tap on Restricted data usage.
5. Now, unselect both Wi-Fi and Mobile data (SIM 1) and Mobile data (SIM 2) if applicable.
6. Finally, tap OK.
Also Read: How to Fix Voicemail not working on Android
Method 2: Modify Voicemail Settings
Ensuring the voicemail settings are correct is another simple hack to fix the discussed issue. Here are a few instructions to re-enable your voicemail settings.
1. Open the Phone app and tap the three-dotted icon at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Then, tap the Settings option.
3. Now, under GENERAL settings, tap on Voicemail.
4. Next, tap the SIM number which you need to re-enable the Voicemail settings.
5. Then, tap on Notifications.
6. Finally, check if the Show notifications option is toggled on.
Check if you have fixed your query on why is Visual Voicemail not working.
Method 3: Clear Voicemail App Cache & Data
When you come across the voicemail app stopped working issue, you must clear the cache and data of the app. Although cache saves frequently used information, over days they cause some troubles that can only be fixed by clearing them. Follow the below-mentioned steps to remove the voicemail cache.
1. Navigate to the Home Screen and tap the Settings icon.
2. Then, tap on Apps.
3. Now, tap on Manage apps > Voicemail app.
4. Next, tap on Storage.
5. Then, tap Clear data and then, Clear cache as shown.
6. Please tap Clear all data when you want to delete all the Voicemail app data.
Finally, check if you can fix Samsung Galaxy 5 voicemail issue.
Also Read: How to Access Voicemail Messages on Android phone
Method 4: Update Carrier’s Voicemail App
You may use carrier-issued voicemail service apps installed on your device. This is absolutely true if you are using next generation visual voicemail services. If the carrier issued voicemail apps are not updated, you have to updated them to their latest version. These updates will fix the bugs and update the new features that resolves common issues.
Plenty of users have reported that updating the voicemail app will help you fix Samsung Galaxy 5 voicemail issue. Follow the below-mentioned instructions to update it.
1. Navigate to your Home Screen and tap Play Store.
2. Now, search voicemail app (differs from carrier to carrier network) in the search field.
3A. If you see an update available, tap the Update option as shown.
3B. If you see the app is already updated, skip to the next troubleshooting methods.
4. Wait until your app gets updated and check if you have fixed voicemail not working issue on Samsung Galaxy 5 is fixed now or not.
Method 5: Request New Voicemail Settings from Your Carrier
You can receive the voicemail settings on your device in an SMS message from your carrier. Many carriers support this ability to request the settings with a message from your own mobile phone. Later, the carrier responds to your message with the new settings that can be implemented on your device.
All you have to do is to request new voicemail settings to your carrier to set up new voicemail settings. This depends upon the carrier and location. If you are using a visual voicemail service where you can view, listen, save or delete the voicemail messages, this service will cost you extra depending upon the carrier you are using.
The best method to do this is to visit your network carrier’s website for contact or additional information of needed.
Once you have changed your voicemail settings, follow our guide 3 Ways to Set Up Voicemail on Android to setup these new voicemail changes.
Method 6: Dial Carrier Voicemail Inbox
Every mobile network will have an individual voicemail number through which you can manually call to them to access your voicemail inbox. This will help you find if the inbox is active and functioning correctly.
This number is available for you to make use of it and so, if you are struggling with your voicemail application or if the voicemail notifications are not working properly, call your carrier to check any important voice messages manually.
Method 7: Use Third-Party Voicemail App
You can install a third-party voicemail app on your device only when your network carrier supports it. These third-party voicemail apps can help you fix Samsung Galaxy 5 voicemail not working on the Android issue. There are several apps on the Google Play Store that you can install on your device. Some of these apps are visual voicemail, voxist, free visual voicemail, and other such apps.
Method 8: Reinstall Voicemail App
If none of the methods have helped you fix Samsung Galaxy 5 voicemail not working issue, then this means, there is something wrong with the app. One solution you can try is to reinstall the app. If your app is corrupt, uninstalling and reinstalling it will be very helpful. This process will clear all the voicemail app media.
1. Go to Play Store as you did earlier and search the voicemail app.
2. Now, tap Uninstall as shown.
3. Wait until the app is completely uninstalled from your Android. Then, again search for the voicemail app and tap Install.
4. Once, your app has been installed on your device, tap Open as depicted.
5. Finally, restore your data (if you want to do so) and check if you can solve your query on why is visual voicemail not working issue is fixed now or not.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android
Method 9: Contact Your Carrier for Support
If none of the above methods works for you, you can call your network carrier to fix Samsung phone voicemail not working issue. There may be some technical or internal issue with your voicemail settings that you can fix with the help of your network carrier.
Method 10: Factory Reset Android
If you don’t have the patience to seek help from the support team to fix Samsung Galaxy 5 voicemail issue, then you have to try a factory reset of Android. Make a note that, you have to reset your Android to its factory version only if none of the methods have helped you.
Note: The factory resetting process will delete all the data of your Android and restore the devices to their factory settings. Hence, you are advised to back up the necessary data before you follow the procedure. Read our guide to Back Up Your Android Phone Data.
To factory reset your mobile, read and implement the steps in our guide How To Hard Reset Any Android Device.
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you have learned to fix Samsung Galaxy 5 voicemail issue on your device. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know which topic you want us to explore next.
Fix Samsung Galaxy 5 Voicemail Not Working
If you’re having trouble with your Samsung Galaxy 5 voicemail not working, don’t worry. There are a few simple steps you can take to get your voicemail up and running again.
Step 1: Check Your Network Connection
The first thing you should do is make sure your phone is connected to a reliable network. If you’re using a cellular network, make sure you have a strong signal. If you’re using Wi-Fi, make sure you’re connected to a secure network.
Step 2: Check Your Voicemail Settings
Next, you’ll want to check your voicemail settings. Go to your phone’s settings and make sure your voicemail is enabled. You may also need to enter your voicemail password if you haven’t done so already.
Step 3: Check Your Voicemail Number
If your voicemail is enabled but still not working, you may need to check your voicemail number. Go to your phone’s settings and make sure the number is correct. If it’s not, you’ll need to update it.
Step 4: Contact Your Carrier
If you’ve tried all of the above steps and your voicemail still isn’t working, it’s time to contact your carrier. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and get your voicemail up and running again.
If your Samsung Galaxy 5 voicemail isn’t working, don’t panic. There are a few simple steps you can take to get it up and running again. Check your network connection, voicemail settings, and voicemail number, and if all else fails, contact your carrier for help.