People using Windows for longer must have dealt with RPC server errors. These errors occur over time, leading to connectivity issues with other devices on your network. These errors might restrict you from sharing files, and data, using printers, and much more. If you also face this error RPC server is unavailable Windows 10, you do not need to worry as we have covered you. This article is going to be all about the RPC server is unavailable Windows 10 login and a lot more.
How to Fix RPC Server is Unavailable in Windows 10
Here, we have shown a helpful guide that will fix RPC server is unavailable on Windows 10 and 11 PC.
What is the RPC server is Unavailable on Windows 10?
RPC (Remote Procedure Call) is a protocol that enables different processes on a system to communicate with each other to perform a task. It also allows you to share information via a network and transfer information to another device. With the RPC server, you can manage devices over this network like printers and scanners. Once this server becomes unavailable due to the use of Windows over a long period, you lose its functionality. Moving on you will read about what causes this error and how to fix it.
Causes of Errors in the RPC Server
There can be multiple causes for why the RPC server is unavailable Windows 11 and 10. We have listed the most common ones below:
- The IP address not being configured properly.
- Services required by RPC might be disabled.
- RPC could be disabled in the registry.
- The firewall may block remote assistance required for RPC services.
- IPv6 or File Printer Sharing could be disabled.
- A faulty third-party application can also cause this error.
These were some of the causes of this error. Further in the article, you will learn about the methods that you can perform to fix the RPC service unavailable issue.
Also read: 14 Ways to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x80040115
How to Fix RPC Server is Unavailable on Windows 10
Listed below are a few of the methods that can be applied when the RPC server is unavailable Windows 10 login.
Method 1: Perform Clean Boot
As stated in the causes, a faulty third-party application can also be a cause of this error. Therefore, performing a clean boot can help you get rid of these third-party apps and services. Performing a clean boot is a simple and non-automatic feature in Windows. You can read more about this on our blog to Perform clean boot in Windows 10.
Method 2: Restart RPC Service
In some cases, RPC is unavailable issue that arises as a result of this service being modified or disabled. This can happen because of the installation of a third-party app. In this case, you can enable RPC services again by following the below-mentioned steps:
1. Type Services in the search option of the taskbar and click on Services in the search results.
2. Now right click on Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and select Properties.
3. Make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.
4. Now click on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
5. Once you have completed the above-mentioned steps you are required to repeat the same steps with another set of RPC services which are DCOM Service Process Launcher, RPC Endpoint Mapper, and Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator.
Now when you are done with the steps, you can restart your PC. If you still find the RPC service is unavailable error you can hop on to the method which will help you fix this issue.
Also Read: How to fix red light on Alexa?
Method 3: Change Firewall Settings
As mentioned in the causes, the firewall can be one of the prominent reasons you are facing this error. A firewall tends to block remote connections to secure your device. If firewall settings have triggered the RPC server is unavailable Windows 11 then you can follow the steps listed below:
1. Type Allow an app through Windows firewall in the Windows search bar and click on Open.
2. Then, click on Change settings.
Note: This step of the method might require you to have access to the administrative account. If you do not have an administrative account with permissions, you can contact your network administrator.
3. Check all the boxes in the row as done in the image given below and click on OK to save the changes.
Once have performed all the steps you can restart your PC to see if the RPC server is available. Moving on let’s have a look at another fix that might come to your rescue.
Also Read: Fix the Application- Specific permission settings 10016 error
Method 4: Change Network Settings
A few changes in the network settings can help you fix the RPC server that is unavailable Windows 10 login. All you need to do is follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Press Windows + R, type control on your desktop, and click OK.
2. Set View by > Large icons, then click on Network and Sharing Center.
3. Click on Change adapter settings on the left-hand side of the tab.
4. Right-Click on the connection that you are using and click on Properties.
5. Ensure both File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) boxes are checked and then click on OK.
As soon as you enable these settings to restart your PC to see if the RPC server is available. If not you can try your hands on the next method.
Also Read: Fix Kodi cannot connect to network Server
Method 5: Flush DNS Cache
Another potential reason why the RPC server is unavailable for Windows 10 login is because of the outdated DNS. Clearing it manually might help you fix this issue without any hassle. To learn more about flushing and resetting the DNS cache you can read our exclusive guide on how to flush and reset the DNS cache in Windows 10.
Method 6: Change Registry Settings
If none of the above-mentioned methods has worked for you, you can give this method a shot.
Note: Before getting started with this method ensure to backup and restore the registry on Windows use this link click here.
1. Press Windows + R keys together to open Run dialog box.
2. Type regedit and click on OK to launch the Registry Editor.
3. Go to the following key folder path and double-click on the Start entry.
4. Now change the Value data to 2 and click on OK.
5. Now, navigate to the given location path and double-click on the Start entry.
6. Now change the Value data to 2 and click on OK.
Even after making changes to the registry if you still find the RPC server is unavailable Windows 11 and Windows 10, you can try our next method.
Also Read: How to add create restore point context menu in Windows 11?
Method 7: Use System Restore
Using the system restore is the only option left when the above-mentioned methods fail to work when RPC server is unavailable Windows 10 login. You can read our article on how to use system restore on Windows 10 which explains how to create a system restore point.
These were all the fixes that could help you resolve the RPC server is unavailable error. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn about how to fix RPC server is unavailable on Windows 10. Let us know if you liked the article and which method worked for you the best. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.