If you are a fan of the Titanfall 2 game, you may have encountered an issue with the Origin Overlay not working. This can be a frustrating issue, as it prevents you from accessing certain features of the game, such as the in-game store, friends list, and other features. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to try and fix this issue. In this article, we will discuss some of the potential solutions to the Origin Overlay not working in Titanfall 2. We will also provide some tips on how to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.
Fix Origin Overlay Not Working in Titanfall 2
1. Check your network connection: Make sure your network connection is stable and that you are connected to the internet.
2. Check your firewall settings: Make sure your firewall is not blocking the Origin overlay.
3. Update your graphics drivers: Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
4. Reinstall Origin: Uninstall Origin and then reinstall it.
5. Disable Origin in-game: Open Origin, go to Application Settings, and then disable the “Enable Origin In-Game” option.
6. Disable third-party overlays: Disable any third-party overlays such as Discord, Steam, or NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
7. Verify game files: Open Origin, go to the game library, right-click on Titanfall 2, and then select “Verify Game Files”.
Titanfall 2 is a popular FPS game published by Electronic Arts. While playing this game users are facing Origin in-game overlay not working problem. If you are also facing the same issue, then do not worry! We bring to you a perfect guide that will teach you how to fix Origin overlay not working Titanfall 2 issue. So, continue reading!
How to Fix Origin Overlay Not Working in Titanfall 2
If you have issue of Origin overlay disabled while playing Titanfall 2 game in your PC, then this problem occurs due to various reasons. Here are a few list of possible reasons that may cause this issue.
- Unwanted Background Processes
- Corrupt Origin Cache Files
- Origin In-Game Feature Disabled
- Outdated Graphics Drivers
- Antivirus may block Origin app
Here are the troubleshooting methods to fix this issue of Origin overlay disabled when playing Titanfall 2 game.
Method 1: Perform Clean Boot
Firstly, you should perform a clean boot to fix any issues with your PC. If there is any bugs during the Windows boot, then this will fill them. So, follow our guide to perform clean boot on Windows 10.
Method 2: Close Background Processes
Here are the steps to close background programs in Windows 10.
1. Hit the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously to open Task Manager.
2. Select the unwanted background process and click on the End task button.
Also Read: How to Fix Origin Won’t Open on Windows 10
Method 3: Enable Origin In-Game
Follow the given steps to enable Origin In-Game feature.
1. Press the Windows key, type origin and click on Open.
2. Enter your credentials and Sign in to the EA Account.
3. Click on the Origin menu as highlighted in the pic below.
4. Select Application Settings on the Origin context menu.
5. Here, switch on the toggle to Enable Origin In-Game.
Method 4: Clear Origin Cache Files
You can clear the Origin cache files to fix Origin overlay not working Titanfall 2 issue
1. Hit the Windows key, type %appdata%, and click on Open to go to the AppData Roaming folder.
2. Right-click on Origin folder and select Delete option, as depicted below.
3. Press the Windows key, type %programdata%, and click on Open to launch the ProgramData folder.
4. Now, locate the Origin folder and delete all the files except the LocalContent folder since it contains all the game data.
5. Lastly, restart your PC.
Also Read: How to Fix Origin Error 327683:0
Method 5: Update Graphics Driver
If you are facing origin in-game overlay not working issue on Windows 10, then this may be due to your outdated graphics driver. So, to solve this problem, you need to update your graphics drivers. Read our guide to update graphics driver in Windows 10.
Method 6: Add Exclusion in Antivirus
Your antivirus program can cause Origin in-game overlay not working issue while playing Titanfall 2 game. So, to fix the problem, you can add an exclusion of Origin in the antivirus settings.
Note: We have shown the steps for Avast Free Antivirus as an example.
1. Launch Avast Antivirus and click on the Menu option from the top right corner, as highlighted.
2. Here, click on Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the General menu, go to Blocked & Allowed apps.
4. Then, click on ALLOW APP under the List of allowed apps section. Refer to the pic below
5A. Now, click on ADD, corresponding to the Origin app path to add it to the whitelist.
Note: We have shown App Installer being added as an exclusion below.
5B. Alternately, you may also browse for the Origin app by selecting the SELECT APP PATH option then, click on the ADD button.
Also Read: How to Fix Origin Error 9:0 in Windows 10
Method 7: Create New Administrator Account
Follow these steps to create a new administrator account to fix Origin overlay not working Titanfall 2 issue.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open the Settings.
2. Click on the Accounts setting.
3. Here, select the Family & other users menu from the left pane.
4. Under Other people section, select the account, then click on Change account type.
Note: If you do not find any account, then you can follow our guide to create a local account on Windows 10.
5. Finally, select Administrator under the Account type and click OK.
Note: This is not applicable for Standard account users.
6. Finally, launch the Titanfall 2 game.
Also Read: How to Stream Origin Games over Steam
Method 8: Reinstall Origin
Reinstalling the Origin app can fix Origin overlay not working Titanfall 2 issue. Here are the steps to do so.
1. Hit the Windows key, type apps and features, and click on Open.
2. Search for Origin in Search this list field.
3. Then, select Origin and click on the Uninstall button shown highlighted.
4. Again, click on Uninstall to confirm.
5. Now, click on Uninstall button in the Origin Uninstall wizard.
6. Wait for the Origin Uninstallation process to be completed.
7. Finally, click on Finish to complete the uninstallation process and then restart your system.
8. Download Origin from its official website by clicking on Download for Windows button, as shown.
9. Wait for the download to be completed and run the downloaded file by double-clicking on it.
10. Here, click on Install Origin as depicted.
11. Select the Install location… and modify other options as per your requirement.
12. Next, check the End User Licence Agreement to accept it and click on Continue as illustrated below.
13. The latest version of Origin will be installed as shown.
14. Sign in to your EA account and launch Titanfall 2 game.
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix Origin overlay not working in Titanfall 2 issue. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.
Fix Origin Overlay Not Working in Titanfall 2
If you’re having trouble getting the Origin overlay to work in Titanfall 2, you’re not alone. Many players have reported this issue, and it can be quite frustrating. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to try and fix the problem.
Step 1: Update Origin
The first step is to make sure that you have the latest version of Origin installed. To do this, open Origin and click on the cog icon in the top right corner. Then, select “Check for Updates” and follow the on-screen instructions to install any available updates.
Step 2: Disable Origin In-Game
The next step is to disable Origin In-Game. To do this, open Origin and click on the cog icon in the top right corner. Then, select “Application Settings” and uncheck the box next to “Enable Origin In-Game”. Once this is done, restart Origin and try launching Titanfall 2 again.
Step 3: Reinstall Origin
If the above steps don’t work, you may need to reinstall Origin. To do this, open the Control Panel and select “Uninstall a Program”. Then, find Origin in the list of installed programs and select “Uninstall”. Once this is done, download and install the latest version of Origin from the official website.
If you’re having trouble getting the Origin overlay to work in Titanfall 2, try updating Origin, disabling Origin In-Game, and reinstalling Origin. Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get the overlay working again.